Hacking Unable to add any homebrew apps or games to Switch

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,834
  • Replies 5
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi all, I have spent 5+ hours on this and getting fed up. I followed the guide to hack my switch and it worked. But when ever I drag a game onto the SD card it seems to disappear and the folder stays. Managed to now get a game to actually stay on the system. I also installed the HPG tinfoil app and does not show the app in the homebrew menu. When I go to the tinfoil folder or my games folder it says its empty which it is not. I have also installed the normal tinfoil and my switch crashes when I try open the tinfoil.nro which is on the homebrew menu, it says "tinfoil.nro" and does not display the logo.

All help is appreciated, would love to start using the hacked switch!

Latest atmosphere, switch is 9.1.0.

D

Deleted User

OP
ERROR CODE: 2347-0005 is what I get with the tinfoil.nro when I click on it

D

Deleted User

OP
It almost seems as if the switch is not allowing any files but the ones I originally installed it with. I just checked the SD card and the games that I, for the first time, succesfully moved into the sd card as well as the tinfoil version are all gone. Files still there but nothing in it.

Gammazeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Copy everything you have on your SD card then format it in FAT32 (again if already done) and transfer all the files on it. search alternatively for some "lock" system if you use an micro SD to SD which is supposed to prevent you from copying files to the SD but who knows, if it is bugged... Are you sure it's not a fake SD card (I know, "it's the easy answer" and I hate when everyone asks me this question but still, you have similar issues)? To verify this, if you have another SD card somewhere in your house, try to use it with your switch and see if you get the same results.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Really apreciate your help and how you handled asking what is normally a stupid answer, but Gammazeth you found my issue. Turns out it is a fake SD card. A closer look at the SD card and I see its a Huawei SD card (just purchased) and the off thing about this is, Huawei do not make SD cards.... Well I shall report back once I have a proper one haha!

Reactions: Gammazeth

ThomasML

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So it was your card?
I have a real card but I use a Mac. I have to run a little software every time I put something on the card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Someone has to delete Leo's thread to make him angry +2