alfonsovin

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
In
Code:
sdmc:/config/ultrahand/themes/

You can use the key combo in addition to the swipe gesture (both are enabled). It works well for me, but I’m using an OLED model; I haven’t tested it with any other screens. But i have heard from others testing it that it works well for them. It helps if you use your thumb, then do a smooth swipe from off the screen inwards. Cover a distance of a little over a centimeter and it should trigger.

I could potentially make the sensitivity (swipe duration and distance traveled) configurable variables so people can refine it more themselves, but I’ve found how it is currently setup to be a decent default configuration.
I will try more times but I can tell you that gestures work but key combo not always. I must proof again

ppkantorski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try more times but I can tell you that gestures work but key combo not always. I must proof again
ah so your key combo isnt working? that is indeed weird. (also first time ive heard this). for me and everyone else I know that has tested, swipe should not affect using your key combo at all.

Reactions: impeeza

alfonsovin

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
ah so your key combo isnt working? that is indeed weird. (also first time ive heard this). for me and everyone else I know that has tested, swipe should not affect using your key combo at all.
What I suspect after read you, I have a problem with ZR button. Need to review my Joycon. I need to change the led last week and maybe close it bad

ppkantorski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ppkantorski hello there, have you played with PNGShot? look into this issue:

https://github.com/J-D-K/PNGShot/issues/2#issuecomment-2357253584
has something to do with how they handle `captureButtonPressEvent`. I know this issue isnt present in BMPPrinter, so it comes down to how they implemented it. Ultrahand utilized `captureButtonPressEvent` to make screenshots opaque. i cant quite figure out the exact way to prevent issues with PNGShot on my end, so something may have to change in PNGShot's code.
Post automatically merged:

has something to do with how they handle `captureButtonPressEvent`. I know this issue isnt present in BMPPrinter, so it comes down to how they implemented it. Ultrahand utilized `captureButtonPressEvent` to make screenshots opaque. i cant quite figure out the exact way to prevent issues with PNGShot on my end, so something may have to change in PNGShot's code.
i will look into it a little more though to see if theres anything i can do to prevent the capture event from triggering. the way their code is setup, even if the event is not a button press but is a capture button event, it will trigger a screenshot. this is why it triggers a screenshot every time. it appears to me that even just initializing `hidsysAcquireCaptureButtonEventHandle` will trigger an event upon initialization. but this should happen in a very short window (shorter than it takes for one to actually click and release the button)

bmpprinter does some more checks for the button press duration (which pngshot does not do). this also means pngshot will trigger screenshots even if you do a long hold of the screen capture button as well. I think that if pngshot took button press timing into consideration a bit more thoroughly, they could easily address this problem.

Last edited by ppkantorski,
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta lube up diidy to change characters +1