Hacking Ultimate USB Loader - Continued by HaTaX

tigerflight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm new here and a noob. But I have posted on two ther sites to no avail. I am currently using the Ultimate usb loader and it is set up as a forwarder configured for my children to use. I have made changes to it for them with a different banner and background image. It is set to only allow scrolling and pressing the A button to load with covers. It gets it's config.txt from the sdroot\apps\usbloader\ folder and that is where the boot.dol is. The problem is that I want a second loader forwarder set to get it's config.txt from the sdroot\apps\adultusbloader\ folder. I have tried many differnent ways only to get code dumps. I can load a second forwarder but it still reads from the kids config.txt. I think the boot.dol has info on where the .dol is supposed to be located as well as the forwarder.wad. I can change the .wad but not the .dol. Could somebody please explain how to do this. or possibly make your usb loader point to a different folder on the sd? Thanks for any help. Trying to keep children from destroying orginals as well as make it easier for the wife to use.

tigerflight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
bnm81002 said:
bnm81002 said:
werewolferx said:
make a COVERS folder in the root of your SD, change your CONFIG.TXT file to look at this folder, get all covers you need from here: Wii Covers and you're done.

Hope this helps you.

I downloaded the covers into my "COVERS" folder, changed the path in config.txt to SD:/COVERS/ but no covers are shown at all, what am I doing wrong?

still the same problems

I've been trying to get this to work but still no luck, can someone help me out please?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++

Everything I read about the cover issue is that you need cios36 rev10. I have it on mine and the covers work. Under rev 9 they did not....

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tigerflight said:
bnm81002 said:
bnm81002 said:
bnm81002 said:
werewolferx said:
make a COVERS folder in the root of your SD, change your CONFIG.TXT file to look at this folder, get all covers you need from here: Wii Covers and you're done.

Hope this helps you.

I downloaded the covers into my "COVERS" folder, changed the path in config.txt to SD:/COVERS/ but no covers are shown at all, what am I doing wrong?

still the same problems

I've been trying to get this to work but still no luck, can someone help me out please?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++

Everything I read about the cover issue is that you need cios36 rev10. I have it on mine and the covers work. Under rev 9 they did not....

I do have cIOS rev10 installed, the problem is that no USB loader will work with a LAN adapter to connect to the internet, but I can install the covers manually though, the problem is that it doesn't work for some reason with this loader but I have it working with the Loader GX, so I don't know why it isn't working

chrishinji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello there !

First, thanks HaTaX ! Your software is really amazing. It worked for me at the first try, really nice
cool.gif

However, even I did everything you describe on your readme file, I have a small issue
unsure.gif

As you said, I activated network (download = 1) but nothing happens. So I pressed "2" and then the update process tell me that he is not able to read ver.txt. I'm 100% sure it is there and that it is your file. So the software asked if I want to force the update ... if I say yes, the wii crashes with a black screen and some letters
blink.gif

My Wii is connected by Wifi to my router (no Usbkey) so I don't know what to do. I really want to have those covers
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

If somebody have any idea, pleaaaaaaase help me !

Thanks,

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I installed cIOS38 rev12 and my LAN adapter works on the Wii, but I can't download the 3D covers, only the widescreen covers are downloaded, can someone assist me in downloading the 3D covers? thanks

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tigerflight said:
Hey I'm new here and a noob. But I have posted on two ther sites to no avail. I am currently using the Ultimate usb loader and it is set up as a forwarder configured for my children to use. I have made changes to it for them with a different banner and background image. It is set to only allow scrolling and pressing the A button to load with covers. It gets it's config.txt from the sdroot\apps\usbloader\ folder and that is where the boot.dol is. The problem is that I want a second loader forwarder set to get it's config.txt from the sdroot\apps\adultusbloader\ folder. I have tried many differnent ways only to get code dumps. I can load a second forwarder but it still reads from the kids config.txt. I think the boot.dol has info on where the .dol is supposed to be located as well as the forwarder.wad. I can change the .wad but not the .dol. Could somebody please explain how to do this. or possibly make your usb loader point to a different folder on the sd? Thanks for any help. Trying to keep children from destroying orginals as well as make it easier for the wife to use.
I use a USB Loader GX forwarder, since that is the only reliable forwarder channel that I could find that doesn't load from sd:/apps/usbloader/. It uses the boot.dol in sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/

It's one of the very first hits on Google for "usbloader gx forwarder channel"

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatax, with the latest cios 36 rev 13 release it appears there is a change in how the boot 002 is handled. Can you have a look at this code. Thanks...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158885&st=0

Add this line BEHIND the apploader, that's after getting the entrypoint. And before the DCFlushRange(...). This removes the 002 error then.

*(u32 *)0x80003140 = *(u32 *)0x80003188;

Here's how it looks like in Gamma's code:

CODE appentrypoint = (u32)app_final();

// Remove 002
*(u32 *)0x80003140 = *(u32 *)0x80003188;

DCFlushRange((void*)0x80000000, 0x3f00);

Waninkoko changed the removement of the 002 that the cIOS does, the new method results in faster reading speed. For apps from system menu it should still be working, just game loaders need to do it from now on.

If anybody gets 002 with a game from disc channel(but i think that's broken anyways) or with VC/WiiWare that is patched to IOS249, report to Waninkoko.

bluescreen81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tested with Custion IOS 38 v13b works well with Anno. its the only game i tested.
the one and only problem is the usb detection on startup. rev10 was directly accessing my usb drive rev13 and rev13b i need to unplug
usb device to get games shown up directly.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=aada762...e018c8114394287
(rev13b is also inside the mediafire Folder)

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluescreen81 said:
tested with Custion IOS 38 v13b works well with Anno. its the only game i tested.
the one and only problem is the usb detection on startup. rev10 was directly accessing my usb drive rev13 and rev13b i need to unplug
usb device to get games shown up directly.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=aada762...e018c8114394287
(rev13b is also inside the mediafire Folder)

so I should use cIOS38 rev13b-Installer.rar if I want to use rev13b with this loader?

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with the 13b is it is not officialy supported by wani. So when the next release comes out, the ultimate loader may no longer function.

Hatax can you give us any word or are you retired.

Thanks

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great loader, tried coverflow, but quickly went back to this one. I hope it will be continued...
Question: what are the benefits installing cIOS38 rev13b in relation to this loader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night