Hacking ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

garanhaomen

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello

When you enter in the preloader appears that installing but then returns to the menu of the wii someone knows why?

Thanks

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
badz said:
I have a 3.3U Wii. I ran Bannerbomb and installed Bootmii and HBC. Installed Wanin's latest CIOS, WAD Manager 1.5, then Backup NAND using Bootmii.

What part i need to skip to update it to 4.1U? Or do I need to do it from the 1st part?

BTW, i'll be using Offline Upgrade.

When I run the Offline Upgrade the first window showed this:

Could Not Find C:\wii00000010000000f00000010000000f.wad
Could Not Find C:\wii000000100000024000000100000024.wad
The system cannot find the file specified.

I look on MooSFV all are in green check...
Tried to run the Offline Upgrade by using clean.bat, same situation.

Is there something wrong?

You need to do the first 3 steps, making sure MooSFV says everythings ok, then start from step 11.

JMX322 said:
Hey guys, just a quick question.

I recently got to System Menu 4.0 using this guide, before the new 4.1 firmware came out. Now, of course, I want to upgrade to 4.1.

I installed the cIOS files before as I followed the System Menu 4.0 guide, but now I've noticed there are a lot of different steps.

My question is: Do I have to still follow each step? Or can I just skip to the 4.1 updater?

You can just run the 4.1 updater.

Deniii said:
Why doesn't The Offline Downgrade/Upgrade guide work on Japanese/Korean Wiis? The tool inside the zip file that's used to download the system firmware offers the Japanese ones (3.2, 4.0 and 4.1).
If I follow the Offline Downgrade/Upgrade up to step 12, isn't it possible to apply it to Jap/Kor Wiis?

Also The Offline Downgrade/Upgrade guide says to install cIOS36_rev10. Is it possible to install cIOS38_rev14 instead? If it's possible, what IOS should I choose?

Thanks.

I forget what assassda's exact reason was for it not working for them, but I think he said something along the lines of not writing the guide with intent for them to begin with, so while it may work, it's probably not as tested.

Yes you could swap rev10 for rev14. Have it use IOS36 since you would have just used the trucha bug restorer to put the trucha bug in that IOS.

QUOTE(garanhaomen @ Aug 6 2009, 11:25 AM)
Hello

When you enter in the preloader appears that installing but then returns to the menu of the wii someone knows why?

Thanks

When you restart your Wii does preloader come up? Does it come up if you hold down reset while turning it on?

Deniii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nabster92: thank you very much for the help. If I ever try it on a Jap Wii, I'll post the result here.

ktorpil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Help! I can't download the Online+Downgrade+Upgrade.zip file! When I click the link some site comes, it says processing and then "Click here to start download.." which I do, than it says "Your download is starting.." BUT IT DOESN'T! I wait wait and wait nothing happens...

piberry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just want to say thank you
biggrin.gif

have just upgraded a softmoded 3.4E to 4.1E
cheers
smile.gif

Sabomanaua

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the ULTIMATE Tutorial for everything you need for System Menu 4.1
for EUR and USA Wiis only not JAP or KOREAN

Hi,

Did anyone had success with this method, by the way nice tutorial.

I have a softmodded wii running on
Downgraded from 3.3 to 3.2u and corps installed to booth directly from disc channel. Did anyone upgrade to 4.0 and what is the best method to use? Thanks!

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
badz said:
When I run the Offline Upgrade the first window showed this:

Could Not Find C:\wii00000010000000f00000010000000f.wad
Could Not Find C:\wii000000100000024000000100000024.wad
The system cannot find the file specified.

I look on MooSFV all are in green check...
Tried to run the Offline Upgrade by using clean.bat, same situation.

Is there something wrong?
If you ran clean.bat and got all green checks again then I guess I wouldnt worry about it. just copy the contents of the sd folder to your card

QUOTE(594rk @ Aug 5 2009, 01:24 PM) I'm using the offline version to get the ios

and I noticed that it creates IOS38-64-v3609.wad, but only v3610 is available on NUS.

Is it just named wrong or is it actually v3609?
good question! It downloads ios38v3610 and patches it to IOS38-64-v3609 as found in AC:CF

kyiori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide! I followed all the instructions from 3.2U, previously using gamma, starfall, hbc, and all. I removed those. Had to do the dol patcher first before doing 4.1 update, then reinstall homebrew.

Now, the photo channel and the shop channel do not work at all. It just reboots back to the system menu or preloader (changed the setting to boot back to system menu). Is there a way I can get them to work again?

2nd, updated to 4.1, but my retail Wii Sports Resort U does NOT work with the disc channel, where I get a black screen and the Wii Remote can't connect to the Wii anymore. This happened in 3.2U too. Anyone know if I'm missing something here? I haven't tried any loader yet, since I wanted to know how to fix the 2 channels and the Resort issue first before moving on.

Thanks!

ace2k0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a little help, I'm doing the offline setup and I can't get BootMii to recognize my remote. I've tried resyncing it but no luck.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kyiori said:
Thanks for the guide! I followed all the instructions from 3.2U, previously using gamma, starfall, hbc, and all. I removed those. Had to do the dol patcher first before doing 4.1 update, then reinstall homebrew.

Now, the photo channel and the shop channel do not work at all. It just reboots back to the system menu or preloader (changed the setting to boot back to system menu). Is there a way I can get them to work again?

2nd, updated to 4.1, but my retail Wii Sports Resort U does NOT work with the disc channel, where I get a black screen and the Wii Remote can't connect to the Wii anymore. This happened in 3.2U too. Anyone know if I'm missing something here? I haven't tried any loader yet, since I wanted to know how to fix the 2 channels and the Resort issue first before moving on.

Thanks!
1. find photo channel and shop channel WADs and install them
2. disable ALL preloader hacks and then boot your retail disc

QUOTE(ace2k0 @ Aug 7 2009, 09:44 PM) I need a little help, I'm doing the offline setup and I can't get BootMii to recognize my remote. I've tried resyncing it but no luck.
try a gamecube controller or the front buttons

kyiori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot assassda for being so prompt in helping everyone! I had to use the dop to install IOS61 for the shop and photo channel to work after I found out that it was required for it and it wasn't installed.

As for Wii Sports Resort, after I turned off the disc check from preloader, I had to do the System update from the disc, even on 4.1, so I did it anyway. I ran through the entire 4.1 process again and everything looks perfect! Must have been missing an IOS for Resort.

Time to finally start using the USB loader and also setup the neogamma channel.

Thanks again!

Talltexan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!!!! got this working finally however i just wanted to know, i have ran the 4.1 firmware update online version however it still shows 3.2 in my system . My USB loader works and everything did i do something wrong?

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Talltexan said:
Thanks!!!! got this working finally however i just wanted to know, i have ran the 4.1 firmware update online version however it still shows 3.2 in my system . My USB loader works and everything did i do something wrong?

why would you want to be on 4.1?

3.2 is the best!

djkav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okies, 2 questions;

1) I have a virgin 3.2e never touched. Should I follow the online guide and just miss out Step 6?

2) I have a wii that was upgraded to 4.0 using the previous guide on this thread. It has the HBC and Preloader .29. What steps do I need to follow to upgrade to 4.1e, and I presume that I'll need to reinstall preloader .29 after I have finished.

Thanks.

ktorpil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a hardmodded Wii (d2e PRO), all but recent backups (like sports resort, madworld, the conduit) work fine. I'm using 3.2 and want to update to 4.1 to run these recent backups (i think they're not running because of the version). I don't have any preloaders or softmod backup runners. Only HBC, and a couple of VC channels I installed using Wad Manager. I also have regionfree cack and disc autoupdate disabled via Starfall (which I'm considering deleting)

If I don't follow this guide and update using Nintendo's server, will everything be ok? Will I lose anything? And will I miss anything because I didn't follow the guide?

Talltexan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
Talltexan said:

why would you want to be on 4.1?

3.2 is the best!

So i shouldnt worry that it shows 3.2 even when i ran the 4.1 firmware update? i just want to make sure i followed the directions correctly and that it worked for me.

Also i wnated to use NeoGamma R7 it is telling me cIOSrev14 is needed and i have 10. i am still new to the flashing scene for the wii i have done it for my psp and Tmobile G1 for a while so please bare with my questions.

EDIT: Ran 4.1 upgrade along with the steps after and now im 4.1U Thanks so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fastrooster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent tutorial. Got mine updated to 4.1 without issues. Most games (including Sports Resort) works great through USB Loader GX, except some games that were working before are now giving me black screens. Games such as Ghostbuster and My Sims Racing are two examples. They both still loads through Neogamma, but I am just curious why the 4.1 upgrade steps would affect USB Loader GX? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks again for all the great tips on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto