Status
Not open for further replies.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
ok i'm now trying to install the usbloader forwarder.dol from preloader but its unable to locate the boot.dol file which is in the root of the SD card !! any idea why ?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
satel said:
ok i'm now trying to install the usbloader forwarder.dol from preloader but its unable to locate the boot.dol file which is in the root of the SD card !! any idea why ?
your using a sdhc sd card.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
graeme122 said:
what's wrong with the online download it takes me to mediafire to download it but when i hit download it doesn't start downloading
who knows? your internet?
use my guide i use megaupload.

graeme122

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok il use your guide but i have a question. im on 3.2 with my wii soft moded with homebrew channel and other stuff can i just go to the wii update like you said "1] updates your wii to the latest firmware. [4.1!!!]" or will it brick my wii

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
graeme122 said:
ok il use your guide but i have a question. im on 3.2 with my wii soft moded with homebrew channel and other stuff can i just go to the wii update like you said "1] updates your wii to the latest firmware. [4.1!!!]" or will it brick my wii
follow the online version and you'll update to 4.1 safely.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
xzxero said:
satel said:
your using a sdhc sd card.

yes so i guess usbloader forwader is not for me since i need to use the larger 4gb sdhc memory card.

gary090759

Trophies
XP
Country
hi all my nane is gary and i need some help if anyone can just started this so please be patient with me

1) Format your SD card to FAT16. Copy the contents inside the sd folder to the root of your SD card could only format to fat 32

If you have bootmii with a nand backup, the homebrew channel, and cios installed already you may skip to step 8

2) Insert the SD card in the Wii and go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card press YES on the dialog box that asks to load boot.dol

3) Install the Homebrew Channel and install BootMii as boot2 if possible or as an IOS if boot2 is not available. ok

4) Launch Bootmii (if you installed to boot2 just reset the system if you installed to IOS go to the HBC and press the Home button) ok

5) Open the config menu (gears) and choose backup NAND (green arrow) wait for it to finish and restart the Wii

at this point i get a new screen with 4 boxes wii/ the homebrew channel /sd card and gears but remote has shut off and when i try to start it again the lights flash then nothing i do not have a gb controller and im stuck with what to do next
thank you to anyone that helps me

ktorpil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ktorpil said:
assassda said:
Make sure you have cios before you update. You will need to run IOS-Downgrader to restore the trucha bug. You will need to follow the steps after 4.1 upgrade.

Thanks for the reply!

Ok I'll sound like a total idiot but I don't really know that much about the whole thing. Let me do a recap:

1- Update through Nintendo
2- Do steps 12) 13) and 14) on your guide

Right? And also what do you mean by "Make sure you have cios before you update" ? What is a cios and where will I find it? I've been googling the whole thing and I'm unable to find a straight answer...
frown.gif

ktorpil said:

QUOTE(ktorpil @ Aug 12 2009, 10:30 PM)
Can anyone please give me a straight answer?

ktorpil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gary090759 said:
hi all my nane is gary and i need some help if anyone can just started this so please be patient with me

1) Format your SD card to FAT16. Copy the contents inside the sd folder to the root of your SD card could only format to fat 32

If you have bootmii with a nand backup, the homebrew channel, and cios installed already you may skip to step 8

2) Insert the SD card in the Wii and go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card press YES on the dialog box that asks to load boot.dol

3) Install the Homebrew Channel and install BootMii as boot2 if possible or as an IOS if boot2 is not available. ok

4) Launch Bootmii (if you installed to boot2 just reset the system if you installed to IOS go to the HBC and press the Home button) ok

5) Open the config menu (gears) and choose backup NAND (green arrow) wait for it to finish and restart the Wii

at this point i get a new screen with 4 boxes wii/ the homebrew channel /sd card and gears but remote has shut off and when i try to start it again the lights flash then nothing i do not have a gb controller and im stuck with what to do next

Get a gamecube controller off eBay like me. There's nothing you can do. You're stuck. That's why I've been trying to learn what will happen if I don't follow the guide (I can't since I don't have gamecube controller)...

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gary090759 said:

Read the section on bootmii in the guide in my sig. If there's anything else that you don't quite understand I explain pretty much everything used here in that guide.

ktorpil said:
Thanks for the reply!

Ok I'll sound like a total idiot but I don't really know that much about the whole thing. Let me do a recap:

1- Update through Nintendo
2- Do steps 12) 13) and 14) on your guide

Right? And also what do you mean by "Make sure you have cios before you update" ? What is a cios and where will I find it? I've been googling the whole thing and I'm unable to find a straight answer...
frown.gif

Read my section on the trucha bug/IOS/cIOS in the guide in my sig. In order to do most things with homebrew you need the trucha bug/one revision of Waninkoko's cIOS which also has the trucha bug, so when you update officially, it doesn't get rid of that cIOS because it is installed to IOS249 which nothing official has anything to do with.

ktorpil said:
QUOTE(gary090759 @ Aug 14 2009, 09:05 PM)

Get a gamecube controller off eBay like me. There's nothing you can do. You're stuck. That's why I've been trying to learn what will happen if I don't follow the guide (I can't since I don't have gamecube controller)...

Again refer to the section on bootmii in my guide in my sig. You could also read about bricks in the link in that section. (I'll add more to that section myself soon.)

ktorpil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so thanks a lot finally for an answer, BUT (I keep repeating myself) i have a HARD MODDED Wii. I DON'T HAVE ANY and DON'T WANT TOHAVE ANY softmods on my Wii and I DON'T USE HOMEBREW other than for WAD MANAGER for INSTALLING VC/WIIWARE titles. That's right, I don't need and want any USB loaders, backup loaders, emulators etc.

So DO I REALLY, ABSOLUTELY, INEVITABLY NEED to do that whole: Bootmii, The Trucha Bug Restorer, cIOS Installer, Waninkoko's 4.1 Firmware Updater, Dop-IOS, Preloader etc. etc. things everyone talks about? I JUST WANT TO PLAY MY RECENT BACKUPS. I am happy with the current condition of my Wii other than the aforementioned problem.

It's really a simple straight answer I'm seeking before I dive into pages of guides and do potentially dangerous things to my Wii. Thanks in advance a 1000 times...

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The POINT of my guide is to explain WHY you need the things mentioned in these kinds of guides and what they do. If you read through it all you should be able to decide what you do and do not need to use on your system for your needs.

You will need a cIOS installed if you want to use wad manager to install vc/wiiware games. You need the trucha bug to install them and if you update, a cIOS is the only thing that will have it.

If you don't want/need the usb loaders and such don't install them. If you still want to install vc/wiiware games, you still need a cIOS regardless and then you will need to have wad manager use IOS249.

If you have the HBC and use wad manager to install pirated vc/wiiware games the you HAVE softmodded your Wii and are being a bit contradictory there.

Bootmii is for brick protection, if you don't want to be safe from rendering your Wii as useful as a brick then feel free to skip it.

If you are on any system menu higher than 3.2 at the moment and don't have the trucha bug then you need to RESTORE the trucha bug so you would use the Trucha Bug Restorer to do that.

Once you restore the trucha bug you would use it to install a cIOS to IOS249 which has nothing to do with anything official on your system and ALSO has the trucha bug.

Then if you update, all of your IOS's should be trucha patched except for that IOS249 so you will still have access to the trucha bug for your wad manager and what not. You can also use Waninkoko's updater/dop-IOS to update without losing the trucha bug in other IOS's.

Preloader is for ADDITIONAL brick protection and is more useful for users that can't install bootmii to boot2. You can also use it to enable some system menu hacks which are especially useful for mod chip users because you can have it block disc update checks so you don't end up accidentally updating from a disc and bricking your Wii in some cases.

Again, my guide explains all of this in more detail. I didn't tell you to just read another guide that I made to hack your Wii, I told you to read a guide I made that you should read BEFORE you hack your Wii because it explains pretty much EVERYTHING that I just told you and more.

gary090759

Trophies
XP
Country
thank for the advice i have now got the wii back to 3.2e which was what i wanted and without gb controller
just need to sort out how to get usb loader ? as a channel and hopefully it will then mount my external hdd
if anyone has any advice about usb loader/channel that would be great
thanks again
gary

djkav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gary090759 said:
thank for the advice i have now got the wii back to 3.2e which was what i wanted and without gb controller
just need to sort out how to get usb loader ? as a channel and hopefully it will then mount my external hdd
thanks again
gary

Hi, I use USB Loader 1.5 for the USB HDD. I also use NeoGamma r6 just for the games that need the 002 fix to run from my HDD.

The reason I use 2 is because USB Loader 1.5 shows me a list of titles on screen, where NeoGamma only shows 1 at a time. I have them both installed as channels too. For that you should find the WAD versions.

If someone can point me to a USB Loader that can show me a list of games and the 002 fix options and can be installed as a channel, i would be grateful
smile.gif

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing this i can't open the wii shop. It returns to the wii menu. this is a problem as i want to get the rock band dlc

djkav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still waiting for a reply to my previous post about updating a previous Wanaikoko 4.0 updated wii.

I have an older HBC, PreLoader .29 and cIOS r10 already installed.

Can I just run the Wanaikoko 4.1 over the top and reinstall preloader .29?

Should I also install cIOS r14?

Many thanks.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djkav said:
gary090759 said:
thanks again
gary

Hi, I use USB Loader 1.5 for the USB HDD. I also use NeoGamma r6 just for the games that need the 002 fix to run from my HDD.

The reason I use 2 is because USB Loader 1.5 shows me a list of titles on screen, where NeoGamma only shows 1 at a time. I have them both installed as channels too. For that you should find the WAD versions.

If someone can point me to a USB Loader that can show me a list of games and the 002 fix options and can be installed as a channel, i would be grateful
smile.gif

Beardface's Coverflow Loader and USB Loader GX are both far better USB Loaders aesthetically and functionally. I would suggest getting a .dol forwarder wad for either of them and defintely moreso for USB Loader GX because that loader updates VERY frequently so if you have a .dol forwarder you can keep just updating it through the auto update function without having to reinstall any new wad's for every revision.

LxTrix said:
After doing this i can't open the wii shop. It returns to the wii menu. this is a problem as i want to get the rock band dlc

Try running WiiSCU and installing IOS61 and the shop channel. Also just so you don't do something dumb, if you install a normal IOS60 after having preloader on 4.1, you will get a system menu is corrupt message in which case you would REINSTALL PRELOADER. NOT do something incredibly stupid like uninstalling that IOS and turning a slight error into an unrecoverable brick.

QUOTE(djkav @ Aug 15 2009, 01:19 AM)
Still waiting for a reply to my previous post about updating a previous Wanaikoko 4.0 updated wii.

I have an older HBC, PreLoader .29 and cIOS r10 already installed.

Can I just run the Wanaikoko 4.1 over the top and reinstall preloader .29?

Should I also install cIOS r14?

Many thanks.

cIOS revision is just preference, rev10, rev13a, and rev14 are the most stable ones out at the moment so just pick whichever has the bugs that you would rather deal with over the others.

You should be fine with Waninkoko's updater and then reinstalling preloader.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after updating through this method i allowed it to update normally and i got shop channel to work and hasn't affected any of my mods so werid but works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents