Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Painguy

Painguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    online upgrade isn working when i request the file on mediafire. anyone else having this issue?

2. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I got the new Wii up and going with this guide, it all worked perfectly.

I skipped the preloader this time around, but bootmii as boot2 is good enough for me.

One thing I also skipped is updating to 4.1 at the end. I started the guide @ 4.1 after doing an official nintendo update. So I guess you could do it that way also.

The bug restorer says to restore IOS15 if you patch it, I noticed you do not have that as a step, but I guess when your installing the IOS files from the wad manager that your restoring it then. I probably added a step I did not need by going back and restoring IOS15 after I patched IOS36

Posts merged

Yeah same, just use the offline method I personally think its better anyways. I trust my computer more than my Wii to download stuff for some reason.

3. MrPaul

MrPaul Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I tried the online method first and was good up to Step 7. Repeated several times and it fails at the initilizing network prompt. This didn't happen on Step 6.

I tried to go the offline route but the mediafire server that hosts the offline files seems to be down.

Does the online method use mediafire to obtain the files or am I seeing 2 separate problems?

4. htdw3

htdw3 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    can you re up the files on a mirror
    links are broken you go to download them and they fail
    thanks

5. energypsx

energypsx Newbie
    Newcomer

Romania
  6. xboxmods

xboxmods Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I just installed homebrew channel and bootmii as boot2, but it just loads the regular menu when i restart. I see a double flash of the disk slot light, but it just takes me right to the warning screen with press 1 to continue.

7. assassda

OP assassda GBAtemp Regular

United States
    fixed the link... damn mediafire

8. justmike

justmike GBAtemp Fan

I get the ret -= -1036" error on waninkokos 4.1 updated when it tries to instal the system menu 4.1E...

What am I doing wrong? I have 449 blocks free?

9. nabster92

nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It's a problem with the 4.1 updater, I'm not exactly sure what it installs to cause this error. Maybe it basically only installs the system menu.

Anyways it needs IOS60 to be there beforehand for it to work, so you can either run Waninkoko's 4.0 updater first and then run the 4.1 updater, or you can just do the next step with dop-IOS to install IOS60 at least through that and then run the updater afterwards.

10. justmike

justmike GBAtemp Fan

Thanks nabster, I'm currently doing that now. I just finished installing 4.0 and started 4.1, hopefully it works. And then I will continue to step 12.

11. justmike

justmike GBAtemp Fan

Everything seemed to updated.

1. With preloader, do I need that to always start or can I always return to system menu? Also, if I do that, how can I go back to preloader?

2. Do I need to install CIOSCORP for anything?

3. I just noticed USB Loader GX won't load my hard drive anymore. It says "No USB Device Found. Do you want to retry for 30 secs?" and then gives the option to choose between cIOS249, cIOS222, and back to Wii Menu. No matter what I choose, it just counts down.

SD/USB Loader v1.4 worked, but NeoGamma didn't. So I installed cIOS38 rev14 and picked IOS249 in hope the USB readers would work again. When that finished installing the USB Loader v1.4 stop reading my Hard drive.

Now I can't get anything to read my hard drive.

Any idea what I can do to fix this?

12. gulimsoto

gulimsoto Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok, I did the offline one. Everything went smooth, or so I thought. Now my Wii freezes everywhere except in HBC and usbloader gx. I have already installed 4.1 and 4.0. It does the same on both. I did install bootmii and preloader. What should I do?

Thanks

P.S. It was not doing it before the upgrade.

13. koolmoed

koolmoed Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This is an awesome guide. I might have the confidence to try it.
    I have 3.2u wiikey 1.9S and a old homebrew. My wii has the wifi turned off but I can turn it on.

1 quick question for all the gurus out there.

1) Do I need to upgrade the homebrew first. Or just run the apps from the SD on the mediafire link and reinstall the home brew,

thanks in advance.

14. ktorpil

ktorpil Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Ok I finally started the thing after I got my new GC controller today. I did all the steps up until 11 but I can't proceed. Waninkoko's updater does not work for me.

First time I ran it, it started to download everything, finally it downloaded the photo channel and something like press A to continue came up, which I did, then the wii system menu came. I checked the version from the settings menu, still 3.2E.

I started the updater again, after half an hour of downloading, just when it finished downloading the photo channel, BOOM! Back to the Wii system menu again. I checked the version again, still 3.2.

What is happening? Should I just give up and update via Nintendo? Will all the cios and trucha bug things I did gonna be overwritten if I did?

15. nabster92

United States
    The 4.1 updater needs a previous installation of IOS60 for it to work since I believe Waninkoko wrote it with the intention of it being an updater from 4.0 so I would suggest you run his 4.0 updater first (look at my last post here like 6 posts back or so if you need a link. Then you should be able to run the 4.1 updater without getting an error.

16. ktorpil

ktorpil Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Allright, after fiddling for hours I finally managed to update to 4.1E and pretty much did everything told in this guide.

Now I insert the Sports Resort backup into my Wii...and.... BEHOLD: BSOD and Error #002......

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........
    .................... [​IMG]

Older backups and VC/Wiiware channels work fine BTW...

17. justmike

justmike GBAtemp Fan

1. & 2. Thanks =D

3. I noticed that between the other cIOS revisions. What I had to do was turn the Wii on, plug in the Hard Drive, wait a few seconds and then open up a USB Loader. If it doesn't pick it up the first time, it will the second. I should allow a little bit of time to load.

Things seem to be working well.

Thanks for all your help nabster!!

18. nabster92

United States
    Are you still using the gamma 0.3 loader? If so you should be using NeoGamma R7 instead. Also WSR will need some alternate dol loading the first time to watch the video and then can be loaded normally afterwards (with a good loader/cIOS) There's a sticky specifically for WSR in the backup loader forum.

19. ktorpil

ktorpil Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I'm not using any loader. Like I said, I have D2EPro

20. nabster92

United States
    Hmm...not sure about 002 errors from the disc channel...I can't really help you there and this thread really isn't the place for that anymore since you're already done updating. That probably is enough to warrant a thread itself, just include something about WSR, 002 error, and your D2EPro in the title or something, and you'd be more likely to get someone who knows more about that to help than in here.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ULTIMATE, System, Guide

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.