RoadHog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
nabster92 said:
RoadHog said:
I have a v3.1E wii with wiikey1 (1.9s), bootmii installed as boot2 and have made a nand backup. Is it safe to follow this guide to update to v4.0E or should I update to v3.2 first?

Thanks
smile.gif

Well technically...following the guide to update would have you get yourself to 3.2 first and then update to 4.0 so uhh...both?

Also as long as that nand.bin is legit you're pretty much safe regardless.

Thank you for the reply my friend and thank you assassda for this guide! I followed the guide and updated successfully to v4.0E!
smile.gif

Only problem is that my guitar hero guitar won't register fret buttons.

Edit
I figured out that the problem is with the guitar itself. It has nothing to do with the update.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raulpegan said:
nabster92 said:
raulpegan said:
Hey guys I have a problem. When I upgrade mi 3.2 wii using everything provided here, the channels i put on the SD card menu get erased. Any tips?

You shouldn't HAVE an sd card menu unless you're on 4.0 to begin with...and then after that if you remove the things on your sd card to do the upgrade you have to put them back to still keep them. What channels are you talking about though? VC games and such? Those should be on your sd card in a folder called private I think. Make sure you're not deleting that folder or they won't be on the menu anymore.

Clarify what you mean about the SD card menu though. That menu does not exist on any firmware but 4.0. Unless you're talking about some other menu.

Oh sorry I didn't specify! I upgraded FROM my 3.2 TO a 4.0 menu and the SD card menu thing erased every channel I put in once i took my sd card out.
I didn't erase anything once I took the SD card out, I know that the private folder keeps all that data

Please help!

You mean when you had the system menu "move" your channels to the sd card menu, you didn't see them anymore after taking the sd card out? Well that SHOULD be what's happening because they were moved to your SD card...After you move your channels to the sd card, they should be off of your system menu and on the list in the sd card menu which is the icon in the lower left of the system menu screen just to the right of the settings icon. If you click that while the sd card with the channels you moved to it is in the wii it should bring up another list of 20 pages of channels with whatever you moved to it on it.

Note: Don't move the homebrew channel to your sd card menu.

QUOTE(arapozo @ Jun 19 2009, 08:45 AM) Really good guide, I've read it and I want to ask something.
I'm on 3.4U and already have installed the HBC and cIOS38 rev13 using another guide.

What are the wads 01-18, do I need them for something?
What would be the steps to update to system menu 4 and is worth it? It wont damage anything?
I installed BootMii but it was the installation that is done on the SD not on NAND, Would it be best to install preloader to protect myself against Bricks or is it the same?

Thank You.

Those wads should be all of the IOS's and stuff that the updater would normally install in the online updater I think. So yes you would need them if you wanted to update to 4.0 with the offline method. Since you already have cIOS installed, you should be able to just do steps 1-3 and then start from 11 and go on from there, or if you have wifi on your wii you could do the online guide from step 2.

Bootmii will always write most of its code on your SD card and some on your NAND regardless of the installation type. The important thing is WHERE in the NAND it installed to. In the boot2 sector or just as a cIOS at IOS254. If you can only do the IOS install on your wii then it won't really offer any brick protection and you would need preloader for that (as the guide instructs).

QUOTE(IchigoZX @ Jun 19 2009, 08:46 AM)
All of this i don't understand...like ALL of them. i done 1 , but 2 - 15 is where i have problems.
2 - 3 i dont really get it. why should i check it?
4- 8 is really easy. no problem
A-B when i done 4 -8, do i suppose to do A-B too?
9 - 15 =
9 i dont have the install cios_fix.wad where should i get this?
10 -15 i don't get what do do then. i get errors mostly.

2-3 - I'm not quite sure myself as I haven't tried the offline upgrade, but checking things never hurt noone. Why SHOULDN'T you check it?

4-8/A-B - read the red sentence right above them.
If you already have the Homebrew Channel you may skip steps 4-8 follow steps A-B
If you already have the Homebrew Channel AND cIOS installed you may skip to step 10
Otherwise continue with 4-8 and skip A-B

Basically you're either going to do steps 4-8 OR A-B not both. If you're doing this from a virgin Wii you would do 4-8. If you're upgrading from a Wii that already installed the HBC via bannerbomb/hackmii installer or something, then you just do A-B. And if you're just upgrading something that was already fully hacked before, then you skip both and start from step 10.

9 - If it's not in the download pack there then google "cios_fix.wad"
10-15 - You won't be able to install the cIOS rev10 without installing the cios_fix.wad first, and you won't be able to install wads without using a downgraded IOS35 or the cIOS you were supposed to install before them anyways. There's a reason things are numbered in this order. Don't try to do them out of order if something didn't work. Just follow the guide and if something doesn't work STOP and figure out why it didn't work before you keep going.

2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
ok assassda ive hacked a friends wii with thuis guide in less then 30 min.... and he never gets code dump.....

so im thinkin i must have messed up when i hacked my wii...

is there a way to erase all hacks that i got from you because i want to start all over....

EUSKADI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
EUSKADI said:
assassda said:
EUSKADI said:
I have a problem and i dident now if its because of this hack
I install without any problem and play perfect but today i atenpt to synchronising another wii control but i can´t and my 1 control now dident work to.
The controls not synchronis, any one noe what i need to do?
do it on the system menu not in homebrew
red button on the system and then red button by the batteries

But when i turn on the wii the first screen its the preloader menu and i cant go to another if my remotes don´t work,,,,

Oh yea that...I think that's a bug that happens if you sync your wiimote to another wii or if it hasn't been sync'd to your wii yet, and you didn't set preloader to autoboot yet. You can't sync your wiimote's in the preloader menu. I think you need to get a GC controller and use that to get to the system menu and then resync your wiimotes.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=151...p;#entry1943206

Thaks man for the help.
I buy today the GC controler and its works perfect.
Now i can´t play wii
smile.gif

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This installs rev10 right? is there a way to make it install cIOSrev13a? Offline. Or do I even need the offline way? I have a lan adapter, can't get wi-fi. I also have the 13 installer, but I don't have the wad files.

shaggyc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took me awhile to be able to try this. Worked like a breeze though. Apparently I didn't update my HBC though, but bannerbomb got that back on for me. Thanks for the guide.

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When i tried to install pre loader b4 i installed everything i got this

failed to get ROOT current IOS ( 36 ) has the fake sign bug fixed

what do i do to fix it?

LeWench

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have followed the online instructions. But after the 4.0 firmware install when going to the homebrew channel I just get a black screen. I followed everything to the T. But the homebrew channel does not work...

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
bnwchbammer said:
This installs rev10 right? is there a way to make it install cIOSrev13a? Offline. Or do I even need the offline way? I have a lan adapter, can't get wi-fi. I also have the 13 installer, but I don't have the wad files.

Just do an offline install for rev13a after you are done, lol. It overwrites 10 anyway.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
LeWench said:
Hello,
I have followed the online instructions. But after the 4.0 firmware install when going to the homebrew channel I just get a black screen. I followed everything to the T. But the homebrew channel does not work...

Use bannerbomb to run IOS60 Updater.

The new homebrew channel uses either and ios in the 50s (I forget which one) or ios 60. ( or is it 61...I forget, lol)

If it still does not work,. use banner bomb to run the hackmii installer and install the newest version (1.0.3). 1.0.2 had issues.

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
bnwchbammer said:

Just do an offline install for rev13a after you are done, lol. It overwrites 10 anyway.

Gotcha...hold up, can I use the same wad files I used for reev10 which were cleverly downloaded usin that tool included in the tut, or do I have to scavenge the interwebs searching for the wads?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bnwchbammer said:
TroyTheZombie said:
bnwchbammer said:

Gotcha...hold up, can I use the same wad files I used for reev10 which were cleverly downloaded usin that tool included in the tut, or do I have to scavenge the interwebs searching for the wads?

I think rev13 uses IOS38 so I don't think so. Think you need IOS38-64-v3610.wad

RStrauss11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got HBC loaded on my friends Wii that went to Japanese.
My new problem is I can not do the online method since i cant set any of my network prefs since i cant read anything.

The offline method wants me to run prepare.bat.
I run a Mac. This seems to be a problem. Is there a work around?

joekneebone

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,
I currently have system menu 3.4U and I want to patch the ios but I keep getting error 2011. I have never modded the ios and dont know at which patcher to start.
Homebrew channel says something about the version being: 50 18.25 or something.
Thanks!

urobolus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I am running firmware updater 4.0 and i get an error "ret=-1" when downloading the fw4.0 files.
I have no idea what went wrong.
Any thoughts?

Edit: nevermind, it failed like 2-3 times but eventually it just worked.

Freezing Alone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys. I followed the Online Directions for this (from the main page) and everything worked great. Only problem is that I'm getting a black screen the second time I try to load up any games from the HDD after going back to the Wii Menu. I heard this is a bug in cIOS Rev13b.

So my question is: Does the online way of doing this install cIOS Rev13b or 13a? And if it did install 13b, is it possible for me to 'downgrade' to 13a? Thanks in advance for any help.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
joekneebone said:
Hey,
I currently have system menu 3.4U and I want to patch the ios but I keep getting error 2011. I have never modded the ios and dont know at which patcher to start.
Homebrew channel says something about the version being: 50 18.25 or something.
Thanks!

Don't try to deal with IOS's until you know what you're doing with them. This is a guide to update to 4.0 properly. If you want to do it follow it after thoroughly reading through everything and making sure you understand everything and not trying to continue to further steps if something fails and figure out why it failed first.

QUOTE(Freezing Alone @ Jun 20 2009, 07:10 PM) Hey guys. I followed the Online Directions for this (from the main page) and everything worked great. Only problem is that I'm getting a black screen the second time I try to load up any games from the HDD after going back to the Wii Menu. I heard this is a bug in cIOS Rev13b.

So my question is: Does the online way of doing this install cIOS Rev13b or 13a? And if it did install 13b, is it possible for me to 'downgrade' to 13a? Thanks in advance for any help.

It depends what cIOS installer is in the guide. I'm not sure which one assassda put in the online guide when he updated it with that though. Regardless, any cIOS installer you run will just install over the previous version whether its newer or older or based off IOS36 or IOS38. They all(Waninkoko's at least) install to IOS249 and just overwrite whatever is there to begin with. So grabbing the 13a installer and running that shouldn't hurt whether you're already on 13a or not.

I still haven't read too deeply into the bugs of the rev13's myself though so I'm not sure if it's just a problem with 13b or both 13's, but unless you need the usb support for other devices at the moment other than a usb drive for the usb loader, then you could also even run the cIOS rev10 installer and use that, or maybe even rev12...though I've heard even less about that as it was out for like what a week before rev13 already came out?

Anyways just run whatever installer you want and DON'T uninstall before installing them. Just install over them to overwrite them.

garet12

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
urobolus said:
I am running firmware updater 4.0 and i get an error "ret=-1" when downloading the fw4.0 files.
I have no idea what went wrong.
Any thoughts?

Edit: nevermind, it failed like 2-3 times but eventually it just worked.
i have the same problem but i am not able to solve it :/

i did everything in order and everything went well until here i have no idea why i get this error

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all! This guide has changed somewhat since the last time I was here. I was able to successfully upgrade to 4.0 with three previous Wiis, but this time I'm having a bit of trouble on this 3.4U. I entered HBC and I'm installing cIOS36 rev13 per the instructions through the Network. I selected IOS36 and it had a little note saying that Custom IOS will be installed as IOS249. That all seems to match up perfectly with what was written on the guide.

I chose the Network installing and it starts downloading the patches, but then when installing the custom IOS, it returns an error. Here is what my screen says:

Code:
>> Content #15: 01 patches applied!
>> Content #01: 05 patches applied!
>> Content #17: 18 patches applied!
>> Title downloaded successfully!

[+] Adding contents, please wait...
ÂÂÂÂ>> Content #18 added successfully!
ÂÂÂÂ>> Content #19 added successfully!

[+] Installing Custom IOS, please wait...
ÂÂÂÂ>> Install ERROR! (ret = -2011)

[+] Finishing installation, please wait... OK!

Press any button to restart...

Would appreciate help in understanding this error and what steps should be taken to fix it. Thanks!

RStrauss11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RStrauss11 said:
I got HBC loaded on my friends Wii that went to Japanese.
My new problem is I can not do the online method since i cant set any of my network prefs since i cant read anything.

I ran the offline method perfectly. I installed 3.2U and everything it needed.
It downgraded. But it is still in Japanese, and now I cant not get into my Wii Settings, I get somekind of Opera error.

Please if anyone can explain what to do, I would greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7