Status
Not open for further replies.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fernandolds said:
Sorry but now i get an error saying "Couldn't find "hacks.ini" neither on FAT nor on NAND!"

Did i do something wrong here?

EDIT: OK I GOT IT WORKING BY COPYING THE "hacks.ini" to the root of the SD... whent into Hacks and i only got the "Skip Disk update" option... is this all I need?

Also I thought the "hacks.ini" fiile was supposed to get copied to the NAND....

am I going in the wrong direction here?

Additional hacks here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks

When you install Preloader the first time, hacks.ini has to be in the root of your SD card. After you configure and save your configuration, it will be in NAND, and you can delete "hacks.ini" in your SD card.

poloros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
assassda said:
QUOTE said:
I am assuming I have to load wadmanager from HBC, to tun systemmenu.wad but where do I get systemmenu.wad I know I have the cios60, but I don't think I have ios30 but do have cios30.
Some guidence please.
running prepare.bat will give you SystemMenu417.wad or whatever version you picked in the folder .\sd\wad\

updated guide slightly so you dont need to replace boot.dol

anyone interested in a CIOSCORP downloader?

Where do I find prepare.bat? I would like to know what softmod package are you talking about?
I used the softmii package before and I followed those instructions.

Now let assume I get my wii menu back, what do I need to install in order to load backups(wii and GC) through the wii disc channel.

2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
Offline Downgrade/Upgrade

Prerequisites:
--SD card
--Read the FAQ and be prepared with a general knowledge of Wii Homebrew

This package contains instructions on how to acquire the necessary files from Nintendo to do an offline update
This package will work on ANY Wii! Virgin or Nintendo Official Updated without cios!!

1) Extract the files somewhere on your hard drive such as C:\wii\ and run prepare.bat

2) Check that the WAD files are correct with MooSFV. If any files are not correct run clean.bat and start over

If you already have the Homebrew Channel you may skip steps 3-8 follow steps A-C
Otherwise continue with 3-8 and skip A-C

3) Make sure there is no cioscorp folder and rename your old private folder. Copy the contents of the sd1 folder to your SD card

4) Insert the SD card in the Wii and go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card press YES on the dialog box that asks to load boot.dol

5) When CMDVDX35 starts choose Downgrade IOS35. It might say network error just ignore it and choose Exit

6) Delete boot.dol and copy the contents of the sd2 folder to your SD card.

7) Run WAD Manager using bannerbomb choose IOS35 and install IOS35-64-v1040.wad then restart

8) Run WAD Manager using bannerbomb again choose IOS35 and install HomebrewChannel.wad then restart

---------------------------------------

A) Make sure there is no cioscorp folder. Copy the contents of the sd2 folder to your SD card

B) Run CMDVDX35 and choose Downgrade IOS35. It might say network error just ignore it and choose Exit

C) Run WAD Manager choose IOS35 and install IOS35-64-v1040.wad then restart

----------------------------------------

9) Now Using the Homebrew Channel Run WAD Manager choose IOS35 and install cios_fix.wad then restart

10) Run cIOS36_rev10-Installer and choose WAD Installation

11) Run WAD Manager choose IOS249 and install WADs 01-18

12) While still in WAD Manager install SystemMenuv###.wad

13) Run preloaderv0.29-cred and press 1 to install

14) Hold reset while powering on to access preloader and set preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"

15) If you installed the Homebrew Channel using a WAD run the HomebrewChannel Installer to fix the installation

i ran wad maneger and i put ios249 and ran #1-4 worked like a charm, at #5 a big message said error complications or something its pretty huge...

i checked smoove all are green checks , i added sd2 contents to sd card.....i have HBC installed (long ago during twilight hack 3.2u). i dont know what is wrong please help me

i started at the problem #5 and got to #8 nad happens again and did it again till #10 ..... till 18 evry 3 installations i re installed corrupted ons.... i finished at 18 and got to system menue 289. i tried to install it ad after 90 seconds it brang up the big message any ideas why? i retried to install it over and over again..... so please help

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
i started at the problem #5 and got to #8 nad happens again and did it again till #10 ..... till 18 evry 3 installations i re installed corrupted ons.... i finished at 18 and got to system menue 289. i tried to install it ad after 90 seconds it brang up the big message any ideas why? i retried to install it over and over again..... so please help
I dont know what to tell you, try installing the WAD again if it works this time it should be fine.

If youre having trouble just use the Online method. Start from the beginning and just stop when you get to IOS Downgrader and cIOS Downgrader if you only want 3.2

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
Keeps stopping with the shopping channel.. Downloading content #37 ... ERROR! (ret = 10076)

Kind of weird.. It also tries to start from the same place the next time and fails again. The wii is still on 3.2..

Edit: Okay after many tries it finally worked, whoot.

Gvaz

Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
I don't really understand your guide OP.

I'm looking at the network portion, I have 3.3U, a 2GB SD card, I have a wifi connection, I have HBC 1.0.1 and I already have backup loader 0.3 gamma installed and HBC says I'm using IOS36 v4.18?

The first step says something like Run the installer and choose network installation, how?

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, why is anyone doing the online version of the guide? Wouldn't it be easier and safer to do the offline method?

ABGX

Trophies
XP
Country
i have a thread going about this but i want to ask here too, does rebooter work on 4.0? because im having problems with it

PLEASE PM YOUR RESPONSE

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hdhacker said:
Just curious, why is anyone doing the online version of the guide? Wouldn't it be easier and safer to do the offline method?
The online version is actually easier and safer

QUOTE(johnnyturk @ May 14 2009, 01:23 PM) i have a thread going about this but i want to ask here too, does rebooter work on 4.0? because im having problems with it

PLEASE PM YOUR RESPONSE
this thread doesnt talk about rebooter, therefore i cant help you

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, cool guide!
Erm a quick question though...
I was on 3.2E with the homebrew channel already installed. I followed the method and upgraded, but now it doesnt load... I keep getting a black screen. It's still there as a wii channel. It just loads a black screen. What could be causing this?

I installed bootmii as boot 2, and I could load the homebrew channel fine after that.
It was just after finishing the upgrade it refused to work... mmm

nathulal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acetic Orcein said:
Hey, cool guide!
I was on 3.2E with the homebrew channel already installed. I followed the method and upgraded, but now it doesnt load... I keep getting a black screen. It's still there as a wii channel. It just loads a black screen. What could be causing this?

I installed bootmii as boot 2, and I could load the homebrew channel fine after that.

Same problem for me after updating using Waninkoko 4.0 Updater from 3.2 U. Get a black screen when trying to load HomeBrew channel. Also have bootmii installed as boot2. Good thing I backedup my NAND at 3.2.

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
nathulal said:
Acetic Orcein said:
Hey, cool guide!

Same problem for me after updating using Waninkoko 4.0 Updater from 3.2 U. Get a black screen when trying to load HomeBrew channel. Also have bootmii installed as boot2. Good thing I backedup my NAND at 3.2.

Great minds eh?
I want the nand restore to be my last resort though, I'm sure it's something i've overlooked...

Ky18

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same blackscreen!
frown.gif

My homebrew channel wont load anymore... what could be causing this? Well clearly upgrading to 4.0 lol... but noone else seems to be having these issues.

fryguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any reason to install preloader if i have a wiikey2 chipped wii? If not can i just skip that part?

Flare7642

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acetic Orcein said:

Have you tried reinstalling the homebrew channel with the HackMii installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1