Hacking uLoader 3.2 BCA universal support

_Thoth_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finally got that old forwarder removed and switched to this one, works awesome, thanks.

Quick question, could I use it to play a PAL game on my NTSC wii ?

josete2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
mbarbedo said:
I installed cios in the package and uLoader 3.6A, but when I run uloader I always get the error usb device disconnected. I'm trying to load backups from an external dvd drive.
Do you have a backup disc inserted in the drive? Uloader needs it.

And yes you can play pal/ntsc backups in all usb loaders

peet2912

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mbarbedo said:
I installed cios in the package and uLoader 3.6A, but when I run uloader I always get the error usb device disconnected. I'm trying to load backups from an external dvd drive.

I had the same problem with one of my external DVD drives, using a other USB-cable solved the problem for me

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
longtom1 said:
exactly if you read the OP it say's
NEW 3.5
- Support for DVD USB Devices: It can run only DVD backups from .iso (original don't work because DVD drivers don´t support the Wii format). Remember you must insert a DVD to work at start the program.

Shoot! I really am outdated. So does this mean I can connect a normal external USB dvd-rom (or writer) & it is able to launch disc backups from it providing an alternative to those D3-2 drives now? Is there a compatibility list for which external dvd-rom will work? This is a great update. Kudos!

So do I connect it to either USB port or the original one used by USB devices?

ade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, just looking through the settings.

Regarding BCA data. Am I correct in assuming the below, as I just noticed a cfg#2 option.

Sadly I don't have an original copy of the game to test.

If I have an original disc of say NSMB just for example. I load the game to my WBFS hard drive. I switch to DVD mode and extract the BCA data to the bca_database.txt file that gets saved to the SD card.

I choose the game in uloder and click configure, then edit cfg#2.

I can then click the From database, or grab from database options, and the game should play?

I would no longer need to extract the ISO and hex edit it?

If this is the case. Brilliant. As we would only need to know the BCA data for each game that uses it and just enter the data into the database txt file.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
josete2k said:
Updated to 4.0!!!!

Please, read the txt for more info.

You can update from uLoader or form here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jwom4zndvdc

Another awesome update! Waiting for the full channel
smile.gif

-FAT support (SD/USB-HD) - It would be nice if WBFS files were supported as well
-ciso in DVD/CD (external USB in UDF) - Hope to see WBFS support from dvd
-now uLoader hacks uloader!!!! You can config the EHCI module from uLoader - Maybe this will ensure better compatibility for certain HDDs like the Samsung S2 which uses a different sector size?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
longtom1 said:
exactly if you read the OP it say's
NEW 3.5
- Support for DVD USB Devices: It can run only DVD backups from .iso (original don't work because DVD drivers don´t support the Wii format). Remember you must insert a DVD to work at start the program.

Shoot! I really am outdated. So does this mean I can connect a normal external USB dvd-rom (or writer) & it is able to launch disc backups from it providing an alternative to those D3-2 drives now? Is there a compatibility list for which external dvd-rom will work? This is a great update. Kudos!

So do I connect it to either USB port or the original one used by USB devices?
I'm interested in these questions as well. Furthermore, will GCN games run from an external USB drive like this? It seems unlikely, considering the restrictions that keep GCN games from running via USB, but I'm just making sure.

EDIT: Never freakin' mind. The more I think about this question the stupider I feel for having asked it. XD

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I wonder if it's possible to get ios249 reintegrated into the next release? Since rev17 is out and is stable. Also, it would help those D3-2 owners who want to play games that require ios249 patching from disc. Like COD3, sam & max....

ade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
I wonder if it's possible to get ios249 reintegrated into the next release? Since rev17 is out and is stable. Also, it would help those D3-2 owners who want to play games that require ios249 patching from disc. Like COD3, sam & max....

I agree, for those people that previously patched games back in the day to use cIOS249, having to re-download those games is a bit of a nightmare thought!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ade said:
Bloodlust said:

I agree, for those people that previously patched games back in the day to use cIOS249, having to re-download those games is a bit of a nightmare thought!

???

It would be nice if this usb dvd drive support would be in a fixed cIOS without any module loading. Just load the IOS and you can access the usb drive as if it was teh internal one. That's exactly what would be required to play the IOS Reloading games easily. And once there would be such a cIOS, you could just get it as IOS249 even if that wasn't intended.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
WiiPower said:
ade said:
Bloodlust said:

???

It would be nice if this usb dvd drive support would be in a fixed cIOS without any module loading. Just load the IOS and you can access the usb drive as if it was teh internal one. That's exactly what would be required to play the IOS Reloading games easily. And once there would be such a cIOS, you could just get it as IOS249 even if that wasn't intended.

We can hope...

josete2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Updated with full channel, please note that you won't be able to update and/or apply hacks to the program in full channel mode.

josete2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Important news about the next 5.0:

SD/USB savegame are supported (nand emulated)
NEW "pure" cIOS57 and cIOS60 (not merged) and new IOS224
cIOS are at FF FF version (anti Nintendo 4.2 stub)
Old cIOS v4 are fully supported

ULoader 5.0 has been delayed because Hermes has bricked his Wii (and bootmii can´t do anything)
frown.gif

Forwarder link updated to make it SDHC compatible.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tljjmnomlwm

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
That's awesome, but terrible that he bricked his wii!!!

I wonder how he bricked it though... amazing that coders like him and crediar manage to do that... they must do some dangerous testing lol
smile.gif

I hope he get's it fixed, for his sake!

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uloader 4.5 was released today and it has the nand save emulation

http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_utilidad-ul...a-saves_1217626

The New in uLoader 4.5
-----------------------

Sorry, this a beta preliminary and i am waiting to other person translate it or may be i do it tomorrow!
smile.gif

I am very tired today.

But...

- It have a new cIOS Installer supporting the news version of IOS 37, 38, 57 and 60 without merges. It use the same folder format of NUS Downloader
. Put the ios to install in the "ios" folder: SD:/ios/0000000100000039v5661 (encrypted files, no wads). (new stripios allow it)

NOTE: Old v3-v4 mload can works with the new uLoaded and FFS emulation because old and new IOS 38, uses the same patches.

- It have a new FAT / FFS module that emulates the saves of the console (see Configuration -> Edit CFG#2, select a connected device
and folder (it support "nand", "nand2", "nand3" and "nand4"). You can export from the NAND the saves (if you have) one or launch directly
and teh game creates one. If the folder countain datas, you can see it in Green and Red without any datas. SD is protect for Game access
if you are using it (remember you need a SD with 32KB per cluster to work in optimus conditions)

NOTE: You can exit to the system menu without hang. FAT/FFS Module Unmount the FAT devices when one application launch a title and releases all the patches.
So you must exit to the menu if you want protect your SD/USB datas properly (it flushes the cached datas)

NOTE2: FFS module is based in the reversed code of Spaceman Spiff (thanks)

- Support for the Wii diary (thanks to Mark R. by the code)

- isotociso don't ask "press any key" when you launch it from command line

- wbfs_win now repair bad blocks in WBFS partitions using the "Integrity check function". It test for blocks marked as "Free" when it is
used by the Games and test for blocks "in Use", without any use (only when the disc is OK without any previous error)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer