Hacking uLoader 3.2 BCA universal support

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sabin_Figaro said:
Xras said:
Uloader won't start games from a FAT partition (as stated in the readme), only from WBFS. FAT is only to store data, cfg, saves, DLC.

If you store em as ciso they will boot

Even if stored on a fat partition as .ciso, Uloader will not detect the fat partition as a partition containing games on my side. Just says no wbfs partition found, with option to format.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Xras said:
Sabin_Figaro said:
Xras said:
Uloader won't start games from a FAT partition (as stated in the readme), only from WBFS. FAT is only to store data, cfg, saves, DLC.

If you store em as ciso they will boot

Even if stored on a fat partition as .ciso, Uloader will not detect the fat partition as a partition containing games on my side. Just says no wbfs partition found, with option to format.

Exact same prob as me, i normallly use .wbfs on my fat drive but i converted a few to .ciso just to test the nand savegame feature but it says no WBFS partition found same as above.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sabin_Figaro said:
are the cisos under the ciso folder?

They are now lol!!
And it works!!!!

Shame this loader doesn't use .wbfs files as the SD NAND savegame feature is fantastic, but i don't fancy converting all 500+ games to ciso. And the GUI is an epileptics nightmare lol Just plain horrible. But i suppose i could look past that if it supported .wbfs.

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Hermes is not going to support .wbfs. Cfg won't support ciso. Ego clash or something

However, I can see cfg supporting SD saves in the future. There are no plans as of now.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sabin_Figaro said:
Hermes is not going to support .wbfs. Cfg won't support ciso. Ego clash or something

***However, I can see cfg supporting SD saves in the future. There are no plans as of now.***

That is exactly what i am hoping for!!! Also WiiPower seems to be showing some interest in developing CFG, hes just made a test dol that includes the new Wiird engine (Ocarina 2). I am about to test this with the latest brawl+ setup.

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Using RB2 with DLC on emu NAND now.. RB2 loaded from WBFS partition.. so that's not entirely true..

Currently downloading and converting 1st gen DLC from RB2..
DLC is saved on the FAT partition.. game runs from WBFS partition.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so someone said read the readme for stuff about loading wiiware etc etc but 4.5b came with the read me from 4.0 so it doesnt mention any of those features

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah my bad
tongue.gif
i was about to edit my post, i just thought that the front page was up to date with downloads. edit: downloaded 4.8a from hermes' official post and the readme is still from 4.0 lol but there is some details in about 4.8

edit 2: the only thing i dont understand is when its talking about (nand2, nand3) etc etc.

adewii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kyle007 said:
edit 2: the only thing i dont understand is when its talking about (nand2, nand3) etc etc.

It just enables you to have upto 3 different versions of game saves.

So you could have a nand folder n the root, and a nand2 folder etc, the nand2 save game would be completly seperate from the save game on nand1

Don't really see the point as most games allow you to have multiple save games but never the less will probably come in handy at some point.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awww ic thanks
smile.gif
yeah that could be useful, usually i change the titleid of the game and stuff to have more saves lol (like TvC so i can have more than one online profile)

has anybody gotten lost winds to work in uloader? it just tells me 00000002.app not found and then goes to a black screen.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
adewii said:
kyle007 said:

It just enables you to have upto 3 different versions of game saves.

So you could have a nand folder n the root, and a nand2 folder etc, the nand2 save game would be completly seperate from the save game on nand1

Don't really see the point as most games allow you to have multiple save games but never the less will probably come in handy at some point.

The NAND 1, 2, 3 etc are REALLY important. Yes most games have on average 3-4 slots, but some have only 1, until now no one in the homebrew scene has made anything for allowing more slots/saves for these games, up to now we've had to move a save off of the wii, add another one on and repeat this everytime for these games, this solution solves the problem.

Also you may have some problems with many, many different things in uLoader and DLC etc may become corrupt, or "not showing". By having a couple of selectable nands you can experiment more when adding DLC and if it goes wrong revert to another nand.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well for wiiware uloader pretty much fails lol it says "00000002.app not found" for a bunch of games and if i reinstall a game suddenly it has it, but than if i delete a game it says its not found again. (even though its still there trust me its in shared1 i checked) but for some reason uloader glitches up with it. I think i'll stick with triiforce. I was hoping maybe my dlc would work in uloader (bust a move plus specifically)

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
kyle007 said:
well for wiiware uloader pretty much fails lol it says "00000002.app not found" for a bunch of games and if i reinstall a game suddenly it has it, but than if i delete a game it says its not found again. (even though its still there trust me its in shared1 i checked) but for some reason uloader glitches up with it. I think i'll stick with triiforce. I was hoping maybe my dlc would work in uloader (bust a move plus specifically)
Install some newer titles first like it says in the readme. ive found some games not working, then after installing a few other games they have started working.

Install times are rediculous though!!!

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as i said installing a title suddenly makes it work, but then if i ever delete a game (using showmiiwads or just by browsing the folders myself) it gives me the same error even though the file is still there.it says searching shared content...00000002.app not found (but its actually still there) and as for bust a move plus' dlc i dont know if its supposed to be like this but space invaders g.e. dlc is in 00010005\77495645 and space invaders is in 00010001\57495645 (notice how the ending digits are the same for both folders) but with bust a move plus the dlc and game have different ending digits, i dont know if thats relevant but just my findings
smile.gif
in showmiiwads it actually has the same ending for both (505545 for bust a move) but once installed it went to a different folder. time to do some testing i renamed the folder to what its supposed to be.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't use showmiiwads to add or remove games, use uloader or you will have problems. uloader handles the shared contents differently. Anyone using this should read through the original thread on EOL as some of the bugs getting reported here have work-arounds for now, mostly the order in which you install games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries