RELEASE uLaunch - custom, open source Nintendo Switch HOME menu reimplementation

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by XorTroll, Nov 10, 2019.

?
  1. Yes, and I was waiting for something like this.

55.0%
  2. Yes, but I'm not that interested in the idea.

5.8%
  3. No, but I'm happy somebody has made it.

28.2%
  4. No, and I would prefer if Nintendo improved their menu.

11.1%
  1. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Actually it does work perfectly fine. Works on SXOS the same way it works on other cfw.

2. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    My issue is that my joycons stop working after selecting a homebrew app while uLaunch is enabled
    Nvrm kosmos updater fixed that

Last edited by MasterJ360, Nov 18, 2019
  3. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    Is this some sort of alternative dimension where deltalaunch never existed?

Not even a single mention?

Coolsonickirby likes this.
  4. tallbl0nde

tallbl0nde Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2019
    Australia
    Looks like it's already being worked on by others:
    https://github.com/crc-32/layoff/tree/rewrite

lordelan and Chocola like this.
  5. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    So far you seem the only one to claim this. Everyone I have spoken to, including my own tests say otherwise.
    You must be using atmosphere without realizing it lmao.

6. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    So yeah, there's another in-progress home menu replacement called deltalaunch, but it's locked to a specific cfw that doesn't work on firmwares from the last two months. Some people may find it of interest nonetheless.

7. Chrisssj2

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    What SX OS version and Switch FW are you using BTW? I assume latest?

8. squalow

squalow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2016
    France
    I don't know what i did wrong but on my switch Ulaunch is incredibly slow , it takes for ever to go from game to menu (home button pressed ingame) , same whenever I start a homebrew and quitting it to go back to game , the transition is very slow ‍♂️ I have a high speed micro SD but it is still slow

9. Chocola

Chocola GBAtemp Meowgular

Sep 18, 2018
    Korea, South
    Neko Paradise
    If you refer to the moment of comeback to the menu when you press the home button, happend to me too, it takes 2 seconds to back to the menu aprox, seems a problem of the software, not of your SD card

squalow likes this.
  10. squalow

squalow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2016
    France
    I'll wait for Ulaunch to fix it then , untill then i'm going back to the default one . It is promising , but many things are missing , so in its actual state it is uncomfortable to use . i pass

11. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Correct

12. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2013
    Would be nice to be able to have multiple folder icons so each one could be different. And if the browser could be set to have a default it loads each time.

13. Chrisssj2

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    If you are using 9.0.0 and 2.9.2 SX OS (that is what I am using)
    Then I don't believe you. You won't get past the notification of disable SX OS stealth.

Maybe with some other version combination you might be able to get past it.

A pre-compiled version before 0.1 (someone compiled it for me ) Does work for SX OS.. sort of.. though like I said very buggy and ultimately unusable, but that boots..

14. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Here is an idea, how about you just stop commenting? It's already been confirmed that it does work on SXOS. You are NOT going to get help when all you say is "it doesn't work, I don't believe you". I will not respond to you again.

15. Chrisssj2

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Well based on my experiences and many others using latestSX/FW version this seems to be the concensus. So that makes it unlikely you are really at the highest FW/ SX OS. Unless you did maybe some other stuff to make it work. Or are at another version. It is just logic my friend.

You made a claim without any sorts of proof/background information.

16. aaspectre

aaspectre Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Tried this out for a few days. I am very excited for the future of it, but the slowness and general instability prevent me from using it right now. Great work.

17. lisko

lisko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    Italy
    If you are using sx autoloader with this, likely will crash. Are you sure that you haven't some other sysmodule in sxos/titles folder?

18. Chrisssj2

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    No one is getting a crash. We just get met with the "disable SX OS stealth" picture

19. lisko

lisko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    Italy
    If this is the case then it's because ulanch takes over the eshop applet. From sxos 2.9.2 tx added a protection to redirect the eshop to the mentioned page (please disable stealth mode) thus preventing ulanch from taking it over. Since sxos starts always in stealth mode, ulanch is broken on latest sx version. And since the "open" scene is against sxos, for its good reasons, it's kinda unlikely that we will ever see a workaround for this problem, if not from tx themselves.

20. octopus

octopus Custom Title

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    /
    To learn some C I made a simple reboot_to_payload mod which allows easy switching between qlaunch and uLaunch. It takes into account whether you have a qlaunch theme installed.

One time fiddling with folders is needed: Place 'SdOut/titles/010100000000001000/exefs.nsp' into '/atmosphere/titles/0100000000001000ulaunch/' The three remaining folders from '/SdOut/titles' should go into '/atmosphere/titles' for this app to work.
    It does not check if uLaunch is actually installed and running, so if you create xxx1000ulaunch, and run the app under uLaunch you would be switching between two uLaunches. I'll fix it later since it took me a good portion of the day to create (don't judge pls).

I would like to make an option to update uLaunch to nigthly builds, but it would take me some time, probably.

qulauncher on GitHub

Last edited by octopus, Nov 24, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted