Hacking UL:TD Ultimate

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I seriously think it would be a good idea if all these loader GUIs could be bundled into one so you can change the look of it at will, plus cover art and disc images being shared would save a lot of space for the indecisive like me aha
biggrin.gif
Looks fantastic though, having the disc pop out of the box, plus a screenshot in the background with some details looks really neat, though it looks like a lot of work. You could always make the screenshots and details bit open to contributors so you don't have to do it all yourself - just a suggestion. Anyway, looking forward to it.

zoragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
omg goodluck with this i love it! just a suggestion have a button to be able to "change" to the normal view and back

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nice mock up but theres a lot of work getting a mock up like that to look like it does in the video, though i do wish you the best with the project

lavamasta said:
it looks great! yes 3d cases would be nice, but we cant do everything... it would take time at least... so keep up the good work and i'll be looking forward to see it when its complete
smile.gif
There is already 3d boxart done by neorame online

www.theotherzone.com/wii/pal/RJ2P52.png
RJ2P52.png

www.theotherzone.com/wii/3d/160/225/RJ2P52.png
RJ2P52.png

the 160 and 225 in the link are the width and height required.

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, STFU bout the +/-1 stuff.

I haven't really made much progress yet. I'm thinking I should start out as just modifying an exisiting coverflow loader, than gradually rebuild that to suit the needs of my loader. Would that be condsidered "cheating"? And I need a good lib, but I haven't really looked into that. Would libwiigui suffice? Oh, and I need to figure out the 4:3 TV issue... it won't look as good unless it's in 16:9. Help would be appreciated here.

stiansoftcore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the other loaders is open source, I wouldn't consider that as cheating at all.

If you could make a 4:3 screen, but with cinema stripes (I'm not sure what it's called in english), that could be fun. The cinema stripes will be removed if a 16:9 screen is detected? I'm not even sure if that's possible, just a suggestion.

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G2K said:
OK, STFU bout the +/-1 stuff.

I haven't really made much progress yet. I'm thinking I should start out as just modifying an exisiting coverflow loader, than gradually rebuild that to suit the needs of my loader. Would that be condsidered "cheating"? And I need a good lib, but I haven't really looked into that. Would libwiigui suffice? Oh, and I need to figure out the 4:3 TV issue... it won't look as good unless it's in 16:9. Help would be appreciated here.

thats the whole point of open source software.

as long as you give credit where credit is due no one has problems with anyone using their code.

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
niceeee mockup. wouldnt mind seeing that on my wii
tongue.gif

how'd you make the video then if you haven't made the dol yet?
tongue.gif
seems like alot of effort may have been wasted on the video wrather than the progress XD
Are you serious?

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, I'm looking at the code for the coverflow loader (not Coverflow7.), and there seems to be a few problems that whoever made it can't fix, and it uses GRRLIB. The next loader I would look at using in this case would be the Ultimate Loader, but I'm not really sure how to set up a 3D enviroment. Would there be a tutorial anywhere?

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, so I'm 90% sure that I'm going with libwiigui. I saw that GRRLIB has an official site w/ forums for documentation / help. Would libwiigui have the same? Maybe something for GX?

redmanmark86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
G2K said:
Hmm, I'm looking at the code for the coverflow loader (not Coverflow7.), and there seems to be a few problems that whoever made it can't fix, and it uses GRRLIB. The next loader I would look at using in this case would be the Ultimate Loader, but I'm not really sure how to set up a 3D enviroment. Would there be a tutorial anywhere?

your find in his latest release he has basically fixed all the problems with some help, It actually works perfect for me, all it needs now is some better fonts and 3D cases and im satisfied...

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
redmanmark86 said:
G2K said:

your find in his latest release he has basically fixed all the problems with some help, It actually works perfect for me, all it needs now is some better fonts and 3D cases and im satisfied...

Well, I don't know when the latest release was released, but I'm not talking about the program crashing. I'm talking about limits in the code. I don't know if you've looked at it (which I'll presume you haven't), but there are a few comments saying things like "So and so doesn't work without this line of code, but using this code limits the so and so to 20". I'm to tired to go and find an actual example right now though.

I found some really good documentation on libwiigui's site (which didn't show up in Google, so it took me a while to find it), but there's still nothing about 3D on there. I'm obviously going to need some help there considering this *is* a 3D loader. I'm eventually going to need an assistant too, so anyone out there who can help with this would be gladly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi