• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Ukraine and Russia: What's going to happen?

Attacker3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As you've probably heard by now, on November 25th, 3 Ukraine warships were seized by Russian forces. This was after they had been fired upon by Russian ships. Ukraine has implemented a 30 day martial law which involves curfews and such on regions by the Russian border. The ships and the crew have been seized, and Ukraine has asked for more sanctions to be applied to Russia.

What the hell do you think is going to happen? I think that unless some other country steps in and does something, it's not going to lead anywhere. Russia's economy is doing extremely well, even with the hefty sanctions levied against them, and it keeps growing. I think they're going to be able to keep bullying Ukraine unless the rest of Europe tells them to knock it off. I'm hoping it doesn't come to war, and unless Russia actually invades Ukraine, I don't think it will, but shit is heating up, boys. If something does happen, don't be surprised.

Attacker3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
>Russia's economy is doing extremely well

BS. Even Kudrin admitted so.
It's been hovering at around 1% to 2.5% growth in the past couple years. They've been doing well considering the sanctions that have been placed on them, and it's mostly due to their agricultural development they've been focusing on. I'm not saying they're the biggest economy or the best, just doing well considering the sanctions placed on them.

Last edited by Attacker3,

pivix

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I suppose nothing will happen. Germans/USA will talk with Ukrainian gov and everything will be back as it was before in that region.

pivix

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Russian Accounts Chamber Chairman.

What do you think will happen between Russia and Ukraine?
Just a simple provocation, but who knows who started it, and what provocator wanted to achieve? Maybe Ukrainians wanted to delay next year presidental election, so they provoked Russians (if Russians wanted to provoke Ukraine, they could just wait till nord stream 2 will be complete and then stop supply ukraine with their gas).

Last edited by pivix,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean what's going to happen? Russia will slaughter people and take over the entirety of Ukraine while the rest of the world is too busy dealing with their own problems to do anything about it. The US will obviously ignore the fact that it's happening altogether because Trump always looks like a whipped poodle whenever he's in a room together with Putin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?