Hacking UK Shipping ?

keasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I posted over in the Acekard section about buying two Acekards but after looking more into the SC DS2 I'm edging toward it more, it does sound cool.

My kids both have Ds Lites but I'm thinking I may as well future proof their carts a bit and the SC DS2 fits the bill.

I've looked around these forums a good bit and I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a decent reliable vendor in the U.K to purchase ?

Other threads reveal this site too...

0shippingzone

It appears to be American/or deals in US Dollars.

Are they any good and would the UK Tax man hammer me with tax on purchase ? It sounds tempting to go with 0shippingzone as the prices are far cheaper than UK prices, but as said, if the tax man gets whiff it may end up more expensive.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Keas

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
most shops you will find are actually based in china around the hong-kong region, they use prices in USD of course.
there are a few US and European based shops but they have much higher prices.

so... either you order from asian shops (cheap) but shipping is slower
or you order from US or European based shops but prices are higher

there doesnt seem to be a 100% good, reliable shop that everyone recommends.. there used to be shoptemp.com but its dead.
sorry for not being more help

keasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's a great help Costello mate thank you.

It clues me up to make the decision.

Thanks.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'll let you know about how good 0shippingzone are as I've just ordered the GBATemp DSTwo Limited edition card (basically a DSTwo) & a r4gold from them yesterday

Got an update today stating it's been shipped, & also got a 'HK post tracking number' that I've been told I can use to 'check up progress in 3-4 business days' (this should tell me when the HK post have recieved it & when it has left the country IIRC)

Apparently it should take 12 to 21 days to reach Europe according to 0Shippingzone

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In my experience, packages coming from China/Hong Kong aren't checked. If they are, most flashcart shippers declare the value as about $5, which isn't taxable. In fact, even if they declared the full value, it wouldn't be over the limit in most cases.

I've never had any problems
smile.gif

keasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's a great help all, thank you for taking the time to help ease my mind.

Mind up I'll go for x2 DS2.

Now to convince my wife this is a worthy purchase
wink.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ok as promised here's a little update

30th Dec 2010: Ordered from 0Shipping
31st Dec 2010: recieved Email with a HonkKong shipping code & message to check the HongKongPost website in 3-4 business days
6th Jan 2011: On checking HonkKongPost the status had changed to ''posted on 6-Jan-2011 and is being processed for delivery to the addressee'
9th Jan 2011: On checking - HongKong website status changed to 'The item (*************) will leave Hong Kong for its destination on 9-Jan-2011'
10th Jan 2011: On checking today..'The item (**************) left Hong Kong for its destination on 9-Jan-2011'
11th Jan 2011: Got home today @ ~4:00pm.. & there it is on the doormat. Didn't have to sign for it even though it had 'Signature required' on the front & apparently it was there in the morning before 9:00am (when the other half got up)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1