Hacking UK - Kingston 1GB MicroSD card £7.79 delivered

MaxThrust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xlshop share the same registration as http://www.pricestorm.com/ and w2w .. 38835

According to web.archive.org .. xlshop.com has existed since 2002

I gave up waiting for a response to my order status and when with ebuyer and 3 day delivery. xlshop in the end said that they were expecting the delivery 2-mar, but I#'d cancelled by then

StuKeeler

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I may have found the cheapest place in Britain (at time of posting) to get a Japanese Kingston 1GB!

ValueShop.co.uk

£6.50 a piece (free shipping!), and arrived in 3 days!

* Disclaimer; Their website does not specify manufacturing origin, but mine are deffinately Japanese!

(/me is very happy
biggrin.gif
)

Rod_Hull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a seller on eBay called ahakim_memory who is selling genuine Toshiba 1Gb cards for £7.94 shipped. Based in the UK, and shipped from here too.

I got mine this morning (ordered on Thursday, so not the fastest) but it was only 512Mb - they're sending a replacement 1Gb together with a pre-paid envelope to return the 512Mb one...

So, give them a go, but don't expect it to turn up the next day (or maybe even be the right size - I guess I was just unlucky!)

At least they're genuine Tosh cards, not like the majority of the HK-based sellers palming off dodgy fakes...

cheekydollar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm - had a look - price is only £6.50 now... good price for a Tosh - but how can you verify these are genuine?? The pic looks like a generic card...

HelloKitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard even the quality of the "imitation" cards are getting much better now and you can't even tell the difference
unsure.gif

MaxThrust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got 3 from ebuyer

Item: Kingston 1GB Micro Secure Digital Card
Qty: 3Cost: 4.35

Shipping method: 3 Working Days at:£2.74

Subtotal: 15.79
VAT total: 2.77
------------
Total: 18.56
------------

All Japan versions

Rod_Hull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm - had a look - price is only £6.50 now... good price for a Tosh - but how can you verify these are genuine?? The pic looks like a generic card...

I was worried at first - I mailed and asked them to give the serial no. printed on the card but they posted the bar-code on the back of the packet instead
wacko.gif
I thought at the price, I'd take the plunge, and it was worth it.

However, the cards ARE genuine Tosh cards - the packaging is Tosh, and the card has the all important "SDC-01G JAPAN" printed directly on it.

As I said in my previous post, I was sent a 512Mb in error, but this morning (the day after the 512 arrived) I got a replacement - so pretty good service in all - and dead cheap for the creme-de-la-creme manufacturer of MicroSDs...

Rod_Hull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Checked my card out last night, and it's DEFINITELY a genuine Tosh model.

Tested it with HDTach, and got 1.5ms random access times (among the best attainable from all MicroSDs).

As a comparison, the Japanese Kingston ones give a similar time, whereas the Taiwanese ones give roughly double this (hence why some games freeze or stutter with Slot-1 flashcarts).

So, go for it from this seller - very, very cheap for genuine Toshiba cards in the UK...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw