UK games on my US PS3?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Pii Wii, Aug 1, 2009.

Aug 1, 2009

UK games on my US PS3? by Pii Wii at 5:08 AM (779 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Pii Wii
    OP

Newcomer Pii Wii Advanced Member

United States
    i just came across alot of about 15 PS3 games that are PAL format, for really cheap. Can i play them on my US console without any problems like DLC and the likes? Also when ACII comes out, i would like to get the Black edition for the extra content. The games are all form the UK. Will they be in english? I have never bought PAL games before and don't want to wast my $$. My tv is an one year old 52'' Mitsubishi LCD that the PS3 is hooked to with HDMI 1.3a cable. Thanks for the much needed help.

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    PS3 is region free, you shouldnt have a problem

PSN games will work fine and such also (conrfimed by me) I have a UK account on my PS3 and downloaded the killzone 2 demo when it was out for free in the UK where in the US you had to reserve the game

3. Shakraka

Member Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

Last edited by Shakraka, Oct 20, 2015
  4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    PS3 GAMES are indeed REGION FREE ....however BLU-RAY movies and PS2/PS1 are STILL region locked!

re language (INSERT FACEPALM PICTURE HERE) .... no they will be in JAPANESE duh!

Of course they are in English! ...Although may contain other selectable languages due to the above mentioned fact they are REGION FREE!