Gaming UK 3DS in AUS

• Thread starter Deleted-188346
  • Start date
  • Views 2,219
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted-188346

OP
Hey guys, don't worry, I know that UK and AUS games are 100% compatible.
I'm more wondering about the E-Shop compatibility. I bought a US 3DS, and recently found out that you absolutely cannot use the E-Shop, even if you have a card that is accepted in the United States. Nintendo support confirms this, and so I'm getting a full refund.

So, now, I'm wondering if the UK E-Shop is Australia friendly?
The United States E-Shop forces you to choose an American post-code, and will deny anything but American addresses.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Puppy_Washer said:
Hey guys, don't worry, I know that UK and AUS games are 100% compatible.
I'm more wondering about the E-Shop compatibility. I bought a US 3DS, and recently found out that you absolutely cannot use the E-Shop, even if you have a card that is accepted in the United States. Nintendo support confirms this, and so I'm getting a full refund.

So, now, I'm wondering if the UK E-Shop is Australia friendly?
The United States E-Shop forces you to choose an American post-code, and will deny anything but American addresses.
It asks you for a postcode to calculate sales tax.

You could try getting a virtual US address on the cheap (I have one in Sarasota).

But since there's sales tax in the UK (IIRC) it probably won't work.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
Evo.lve said:
It asks you for a postcode to calculate sales tax.

You could try getting a virtual US address on the cheap (I have one in Sarasota).

But since there's sales tax in the UK (IIRC) it probably won't work.
But I'm assuming that if you gave an American post code, and then paid with an Australian based card, that it'd either reject it, or you'd get into trouble?
tongue.gif

But the United States 3DS is fine, I've already started the refund process, I'm just wondering if the UK 3DS supports Australian users, in relation to the E-Shop.

EDIT: In short, "does the UK 3DS E-Shop support Australian addresses?"

Thanks.

sora14

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I ended up changing my region to UK, used an Australian Visa debit card and bought some things no problem (just did it to get Shantae haha).

So in short, yes.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
sora14 said:
Well I ended up changing my region to UK, used an Australian Visa debit card and bought some things no problem (just did it to get Shantae haha).

So in short, yes.
With an Australian 3DS, I assume? So it works vice versa?
You just saved me, thanks man.
biggrin.gif

sora14

Trophies
XP
Country
Puppy_Washer said:
sora14 said:

So in short, yes.
With an Australian 3DS, I assume? So it works vice versa?
You just saved me, thanks man.
biggrin.gif

That's correct.
The European and Australian 3DS systems are exactly the same, they can both change their location info to suit either E-shop.

And no probs, have fun with it
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp