Hacking Ugh wife accidentally connected Switch on Wifi to enable Parental

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You're good most likely, people are very paranoid on this forum, going online doesn't mean you're banned. There are people who did every "dirty" thing in the book since the launch of Switch and still not banned.

Surprised at the amount of SJW comments in this thread claiming that he's blaming his wife for this, when there's no malice in his post at all, but it's clear since she was going through parental controls that she also likes the fact that they don't have to pay for games, so if anything they're both responsible.

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're good most likely, people are very paranoid on this forum, going online doesn't mean you're banned. There are people who did every "dirty" thing in the book since the launch of Switch and still not banned.

Surprised at the amount of SJW comments in this thread claiming that he's blaming his wife for this, when there's no malice in his post at all, but it's clear since she was going through parental controls that she also likes the fact that they don't have to pay for games, so if anything they're both responsible.
Yeah, those gosh darn SJWs ruin everything. That's why we're going to build the wall and make america great again. So nobody will ever suffer the
microaggression of being teased on a forum.

Reactions: 0000ff

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you’ve pirated games and/or used ReiNX (idk about SX) you’re fucked

If you haven’t done either of those you’ll probably be fine

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait and see I suppose. Does a ban really matter if you're refraining from going online anyway?

This is something I have asked myself. I suppose it really just depends on the situation. If your Nintendo account is banned, then yes, it probably does matter for some, as they may have digital purchases linked to their account. I, for one, will have to pay for BOTW DLC, Stardew Valley and Sonic Mania again if I happen to remove them from, or damage, my Switch. And some users may have purchases on other devices linked to their Nintendo account. Thankfully, however, there are means to getting some of that content back.

For those who don't have digital purchases linked, it really shouldn't matter to them.

D

Deleted-351540

Are you saying Tinder is the wrong place to search for a new hackable switch?
Yes, of course. Everyone knows that to find a new Switch you should be checking the Craigslist personal ads or Plenty of Fish.

Duh.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is this definition of "accidentally"?

What exactly was she intending to do when she enabled parental controls?

Or does it clickbait you into enabling wifi?

Last edited by smf,

hyperfire21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had Atmosphere running on it with NSP's. Anyways to update this thread, I found out that the switch was updated to 6.2 and now I'm unable to enter RCM mode anymore with the jig.

Any advice?

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Wow, blaming someone else. And blaming your own wife makes it even worse. Take responsibility, dude.

Yeah, I have to say, this is on you for not deleting the router password and telling your wife not to enter it in. Otherwise it would not have been an accident.

hyperfire21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying it with the RCM jig but it just boots up to Horizon.

I dunno guys I have kids.. they were going overboard with the time they were spending with the switch and wife got irritated and probably forgot about not connecting wifi on it.

At this point I'm just trying to enter RCM. Should I try a format SD card and Initialize Switch to start from scratch?

Last edited by hyperfire21,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.