Gaming Ugh, am I screwed..?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday, I was on a quest to flash my 360 firmware. And I'm down to the very last screw. Problem is, the grooves to the screw are messedd up. Is there anyway I can remove the screw so I can flash it? I've tried needle nose pliers and that didn't work and some other screwdrivers I had around but it just won't budge..

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
can you post a pic? a magnetic screwdriver might help.

p.s. i would have replied earlier but coudn't get to the end of a sentence without being distracted by jiggling boobies. and whats up with those white pants? she's not supposed to have those.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, here it is. (I took this picture with my new phone.)
0106092101-00.jpg

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
any excuse to mention the new phone eh.

ok i've worked on screws like this before. if you use a screw driver thats even slightly smaller it'll wear away the screw more. i'd recomend finding one thats exactly the right size or a tiny bit bigger then force it in there. a perfect fit means a good grip.

if that doesn't work: use a nail file to saw through the screw and make a slit.
turn the head into this :
screw_tk.jpg

then use a regular screw driver.

Lee060282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im in the aero-space industry and come across these problems all the time. The method given above is preferable but if that fails drill a tiny hole in the center of the screw but be carefull not to go right through or to damage the internal threads and use a small screw extractor to turn it out, these screw extractors are not too expensive if you buy just an individual one. But the screw will be knacked and need replaceing.

Looking at your picture you might force fit in a allen key.

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Raiyu245 said:
Yesterday, I was on a quest to flash my 360 firmware. And I'm down to the very last screw. Problem is, the grooves to the screw are messedd up. Is there anyway I can remove the screw so I can flash it?

QUOTE(Lee060282 @ Jan 7 2009, 11:50 AM) Im in the aero-space industry and come across these problems all the time. The method given above is preferable but if that fails drill a tiny hole in the center of the screw but be carefull not to go right through or to damage the internal threads and use a small screw extractor to turn it out.

moding your x360... it's not rocket science, oh wait.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh, this happens to me all the time. I can sometimes jam a flathead into two of the slots at an angle and work it out that way. I've heard of people melting some plastic into what's left of the hole, waiting for it to harden then using that to unscrew. Last case is to dremel out the entire screw, but this is really dangerous because you can damage internal parts (I drilled completely through my DS one time doing this.. luckily I only went through plastic!). Definitely replace the screw when you get it out though.

Good luck, and happy flashing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1