KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Omega Knight with all due respect!
Excuse me but i really do know what i'm doing, i have modded over 40 wii's (i have done 2 today with this method), i have also been in the scene from the start, Wiipower, Comex and Waninkoko know that most probably.

Also SoftMii is CIOScorp (as well as some other things) and that will absolutely destroy LU64 wii's (Unless the IOS files are of higher or same value as 4.0's versions), this guide is for all wii's not just the old.

So before you flame me or my site PLEASE do some research.

P.s Adding soft-mii to this guide would make it more difficult for N00bs and that is who i cater for, if you don't like my guides please don't use em, save the bandwidth for people (over 800 now) that have used my guides.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as of right now, is it safe for LU64 wiis? What about the boot2 stuff mentioned earlier in this thread?

BTW, what if I don't want to install NeoGamma Backup Launcher R6? What step can I change to avoid installing that?

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great guide! I also like the fact that everything is done offline and no WiFi is required!

Just a quick question; after following these steps do I have to patch anything further to install Preloader? like to use Preloader to prevent updates... and I wasn't sure which IOS Preloader needed..

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can now confirm that you don't need cBoot2 at all, or a Trucha capable IOS in order to downgrade or restore IOS15.

So this is even better than I thought....... no more BootMii/cBoot2 to install IOS36 Patched!!!! Yay

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nknave said:
I can now confirm that you don't need cBoot2 at all, or a Trucha capable IOS in order to downgrade or restore IOS15.

So this is even better than I thought....... no more BootMii/cBoot2 to install IOS36 Patched!!!! Yay

Indeed !

Easy as pie
smile.gif

Omega Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kongsnutz said:
Excuse me but i really do know what i'm doing, i have modded over 40 wii's (i have done 2 today with this method), i have also been in the scene from the start, Wiipower, Comex and Waninkoko know that most probably.

Also SoftMii is CIOScorp (as well as some other things) and that will absolutely destroy LU64 wii's (Unless the IOS files are of higher or same value as 4.0's versions), this guide is for all wii's not just the old.

P.s Adding soft-mii to this guide would make it more difficult for N00bs and that is who i cater for, if you don't like my guides please don't use em, save the bandwidth for people (over 800 now) that have used my guides.

With all due respect SoftMii CREATED the LU64fix. SoftMii found out what was the problem. And supplied a solution.
And I have been in the scene since the beginning aswell, before the Twilight Hack.
So please, you do some research. And I didn't mean to flame (I still don't believe I did, I just warned some people).
Heh, and I seriously don't believe you're in contact with wanin nor comex.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Omega Knight said:
[...]
With all due respect SoftMii CREATED the LU64fix. SoftMii found out what was the problem. And supplied a solution.
And I have been in the scene since the beginning aswell, before the Twilight Hack.
So please, you do some research. And I didn't mean to flame (I still don't believe I did, I just warned some people).

What's the LU64fix? cIOSrev11 wad? Getting a trucha back with my trucha bug restorer and then using a cIOS installer is legal in some countries, sharing a IOS or cIOS wad is illegal in almost if not all countries. Also, who of the SoftMii team was in the scene BEFORE even the twilight hack? I know i'm in since the 0.1 backup loader, so does the date really matter?

PS: I still wonder what the latest SoftMii is? Is it software or a guide? And WHAT does it actually do? That's why i asked for a link.

-lildeemo-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Omega Knight said:
kongsnutz said:

I like there how you don't believe he is in contact with both of them .. i laugh at you ,your an incompetent fool we'll see soon little man maybe you should do research and maybe send wanin a little email,plus youl see soon just how much in contact they are just watch our website for a while i guess wait for some special things

Omega Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-lildeemo- said:
I like there how you don't believe he is in contact with both of them .. i laugh at you ,your an incompetent fool we'll see soon little man maybe you should do research and maybe send wanin a little email,plus youl see soon just how much in contact they are just watch our website for a while i guess wait for some special things
Why would I need to email him about it when I'm in a private IRC channel with him?
And about comex, I'm his main tester for smashstack, I also tested bannerbomb(waaay before you guys even heard about it).
So learn to shut the fuck up about stuff you don't know.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Omega (yes i know about your testing , nice job)

Well Comex has come to my site, he has had PM's with me for a little bit.

Waninkoko - i email from time to time and get his opinion on things and some updates.

BUT i really don't care what you think about me or yafaze in general, i just care that people are enjoying yafaze and it's guides and that i am able to share my knowledge with others less informed on the subject.

Let's just move on, i just didn't like that you said i didn't know what i was doing as this is not true.

Cheers

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So besides all this arguing would it be safe for me to use the cios rev12 network install instaed of the step with the cios 13a wad install on lu64 wii. I'm not a fan of 13a. Yes I know it's got better compatibility. Just curios. Thanks

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No CIOS12 and down (till 7) uses IOS36 that isn't compatible with LU64/LAH113/LEH2+

That's the reason i included 13-a and Neogamma r6 channel.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kongsnutz said:
No CIOS12 and down (till 7) uses IOS36 that isn't compatible with LU64/LAH113/LEH2+

Not that I'm advocating against rev13a as I use it myself, but for general knowledge purposes doesn't rev11 also work on LU64 Wii's? Isn't that basically what that LU64fix.wad in the softmii package installed?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jabmaster2 said:
So besides all this arguing would it be safe for me to use the cios rev12 network install instaed of the step with the cios 13a wad install on lu64 wii. I'm not a fan of 13a. Yes I know it's got better compatibility. Just curios. Thanks

Rev12 is broken, but if you want to use it, there shouldn't be a problem.

QUOTE(kongsnutz @ Jul 17 2009, 05:51 AM) No CIOS12 and down (till 7) uses IOS36 that isn't compatible with LU64/LAH113/LEH2+

It's not IOS36 that does not work on boot2v4 Wiis, so you did not understand the problem. Rev11+ should work on boot2v4 Wiis.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeh i know it's the version of the IOS not the IOS itself, i just really suggest CIOS13+ and not 12 and down, but yeh they will work (11+)....i take it back.

Omega Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kongsnutz said:
@Omega (yes i know about your testing , nice job)

Well Comex has come to my site, he has had PM's with me for a little bit.

Waninkoko - i email from time to time and get his opinion on things and some updates.

BUT i really don't care what you think about me or yafaze in general, i just care that people are enjoying yafaze and it's guides and that i am able to share my knowledge with others less informed on the subject.

Let's just move on, i just didn't like that you said i didn't know what i was doing as this is not true.

Cheers

This got out of hand, I agree we should move on, I apologize.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o