Hacking UBER SOFT-MOD GUIDE

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UBER SOFT-MOD GUIDE (For all Wii's currently available)

DISCLAIMERS:
Yafaze.com and it's people are not responsible for any harm made to your system by using our guides.
This works on all wii's to get them modded HOWEVER, on LU64 and newer wii's DO NOT use downgraders or anything that alters IOS files besides what's in this guide "CIOS installers" and "New IOS files from games released in 2009". (This may cause a brick)

Read it HERE

WiiPower for the Trucha Bug Restorer.
Waninkoko for CIOS and Wad Manager.
Team Twiizers for Bootmii Installer.

-pb-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
kongsnutz said:
It's to install a proper CIOS that can be upgraded, as there is no CIOS13-a wad around

shouldn't that be the so called LU-fix.wad (cIOS rev11) to be safe on LU's ????
if I'm not mistaken all cIOS < rev11 are NOT SAFE to install on LU's

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a stock virgin wii - NO you need the rest first.

If you already have HBC yes

Posts merged

I will edit guide, you don't need to install a wad, can do the ciosinstaller when you have IOS36 as IOS249 installed (you are correct..../facepalm on my part)

-pb-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
kongsnutz said:
I will edit guide, to have CIOS13.wad then (you are correct..../facepalm on my part)

the route can be shorter by using bootmii/cboot2/wadmanager to install directly cIOSrev11 or higher.
in that same senario you can use also TBR to directly patched IOS36 (whilte running on cboot2, use no ios reload)

the TBR tool is great to 'fix' IOS36 so you can use preloader on all 4.0's

preloader in combo with HBC and bootmii as IOS is the best anti-brick you can get on the new LU's (and their equivalents)

(always able to start preloader, boot to HBC, start bootmii and restore your nand backup)

so, bannerbomb, hbc, bootmii, cboot2/wadmanager (install cIOS [rev11 or higher] wad), cboot2/TBR to pach IOS36.
reboot , start hbc, install preloader, update cIOS to latest rev.

complete LU SAFE..

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Once thats fixed, its a pretty sweet guide.

smile.gif

-pb-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
kongsnutz said:
I didn't choose the cboot2 method as not all wii's can use bootmii as boot2 which is required by cboot.

unfortionally your info is out-of-date :-(

cboot2 is updated a while ago and runs also when you (only) have bootmii as IOS(254) :-)

as i wrote before, fully LU safe/compatible procedure.

Enjoy!

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, no probs, i may update the guide at a later date, but it works atm for those that care.

Thanks for the update, havent looked into cboot for a few weeks.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if it's just me, but it seems every guide I've read has a different procedure for installing the wads for TBR.

For example, the guide posted here says use no IOS reload for 15 downgrade. Then use 15 for patched 36, but install it to 249. Then use 249 to restore 15.

Other guides I've seen say use 36 for 15 downgrade, 15 for patched 36, and then 36 to restore 15 again. (Like the video in WalkerOfTheDay's sig)

And then the guide I followed when I first did my Wii said just use 15 for 15 downgrade, 36 for 36 patch, and 15 for the 15 restore.

So.. there's 3 methods already-- all which appear to work perfectly well. So I guess my query/statement is-- it doesn't seem to matter which IOS you pick for the first selection of which IOS to use, so long as you do them in order of downgrade 15, patch 36, restore 15. Your Wii will simply find whatever it needs for the current choice of modification. Correct?

-pb-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Deviyl said:
I dunno if it's just me, but it seems every guide I've read has a different procedure for installing the wads for TBR.

For example, the guide posted here says use no IOS reload for 15 downgrade. Then use 15 for patched 36, but install it to 249. Then use 249 to restore 15.

Other guides I've seen say use 36 for 15 downgrade, 15 for patched 36, and then 36 to restore 15 again. (Like the video in WalkerOfTheDay's sig)

And then the guide I followed when I first did my Wii said just use 15 for 15 downgrade, 36 for 36 patch, and 15 for the 15 restore.

So.. there's 3 methods already-- all which appear to work perfectly well. So I guess my query/statement is-- it doesn't seem to matter which IOS you pick for the first selection of which IOS to use, so long as you do them in order of downgrade 15, patch 36, restore 15. Your Wii will simply find whatever it needs for the current choice of modification. Correct?

that is because you can have multiple purposes to use the TBR, see the included readme
in there those different steps are also explaint (some 5 scenarios 'to be able to xx')

Enjoy!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why da F*** do we need to read a guide from yafaze.com..??
wtf.gif
havent many of the WiiBricked threads start by ....well I did this guide from yafaze.com, blah blah blah bricked...HELPZ..., you should not redirect the people to over there, even if it is your guide, copy and paste here...!!
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Deviyl said:

It does not matter which IOS you use in step 1 and 3(as long as it's not IOS4), it's only important to use IOS15 when installing the patched IOS36. And that's of course only required if no other trucha capable IOS is available.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Why da F*** do we need to read a guide from yafaze.com..??
wtf.gif
havent many of the WiiBricked threads start by ....well I did this guide from yafaze.com, blah blah blah bricked...HELPZ..., you should not redirect the people to over there, even if it is your guide, copy and paste here...!!
smile.gif

It's not the guide's fault if people don't pay attention and brick themselves; basic reading comprehension should be a prerequisite, but it'd be a little difficult to enforce. I've now modded 8 Wiis using the ever-evolving guides at yafaze.com (and 2 before that, but it makes a great quick checklist) and have not had a single problem. I heartily recommend this guide to anybody looking to softmod their system and needing a good place to start.

And why not redirect people there to read the guide? It's theirs after all, and they have a forum. If people need help with it, wouldn't it be better that they ask for it in it's own forum, rather than cluttering up this one even more?

Omega Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't be too well if the people writing the guide's don't know what they are doing.
Just use SoftMii and be over with it. I haven't seen any bricks.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Omega Knight said:
Can't be too well if the people writing the guide's don't know what they are doing.
Just use SoftMii and be over with it. I haven't seen any bricks.

Any direct links to that, so i can take a look?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...