TX Presents SX OS v2.7 BETA - Full v8.0.1 Compatible!

Good day, friends! We are pleased to announce the release of SX OS 2.7 beta.
SXOS27.jpg

Well, if you been waiting to try out 'boost mode' in Zelda or play MK11, well no more waiting, you can now update and enjoy! :)
This update brings full compatibility with firmware 8.0.0 and 8.0.1. All your favorite SX OS functionality (emuNAND, XCI emulation, cheats, etc.) should work as intended.

SX OS v2.7 beta is available on our website and through our Online Update right now!

We keep getting excellent feedback from our users, and have accumulated a nice todo list for new SX OS functionality. Its been almost a year since our initial release, but we promise we're still actively working on adding new features and improving existing ones.

Of course, behind the scenes we are also still working hard on our solution for those "unhackable" switches. Good progress is being made, so hang in there!
That's it for today, keep checking back for more updates!

—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the 'boost mode' ?
An under the hood addition to 8.0.0.
From what I understand it allows titles (that have added support for it) to temporarily clock the switch to 1.7GHz. Which will generally be useful for reducing loading times as shown in BOTW v1.6.0.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Awesome! Just yesterday I was having problems with some xci games + update repacks that were asking me to update and if I patched them they wouldn't mount. With this now every game should work again. Thanks!

Reactions: Hmed

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are multiple sources confirming it was implemented in 8.0.0.
Source 1
Source 2
Source 3
And all of those sources are 100% incorrect, source 1 and 2 got their information from source 3. Why are they incorrect? Because people like you keep spreading the misinformation on forums like these and on youtube. Boost mode was added in firmware 7, no game took advantage of boost mode until after firmware 8 was released.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And all of those sources are 100% incorrect. Why are they incorrect? Because people like you keep spreading the misinformation on forums like these and on youtube. Boost mode was added in firmware 7, no game took advantage of boost mode until after firmware 8 was released.
Then please provide credible source(s) so I can believe your claims.

Edit: Looks like the clock speeds were added in 7.0.0, despite boost mode only being officially added/accessible on 8.0.0+.
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/PPC_services

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, if you been waiting to try out 'boost mode' in Zelda or play MK11, well no more waiting, you can now update and enjoy! :)
TBH, I have the original games and my Switch is has been in the latest firmware since day 1.
And yet I never even longed a bit to try the "overclocking on the loading screen" feature.

I don't think anybody would be really desperate to try that.

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And all of those sources are 100% incorrect, source 1 and 2 got their information from source 3. Why are they incorrect? Because people like you keep spreading the misinformation on forums like these and on youtube. Boost mode was added in firmware 7, no game took advantage of boost mode until after firmware 8 was released.
Dude I know you're confident but you're just some nobody replying to a thread, literally every other place on the internet says it's since 8.0, have any other source than just because you said?

Reactions: tbb043

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I read also that boost came in 7.0, just godamn can’t find the source.
i think it was in a review site someplace

Ah i may have been ninja’d by someone with more insight into the matter just there lol

Last edited by snoofly,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning