TX Presents SX OS v2.5.1 BETA - Happy New Year!

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Jan 2, 2019.

1. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2014
    Italy
    Don't think I will install the xci. If I'm not mistaken the nsp have the problem that if you remove them you will also remove the dlc and updates of the game, but instead with the xci you can remove the xci only. Sometimes I switch games and I want the dlc/updates to remain there.

2. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    And with their SX tool can't you delete NSP games while leaving the updates\DLC?

3. sporesprout

sporesprout Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2010
    United States
    Sweetness boys! Thanks TX!

4. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    No, the tool disables the installed updates/dlcs. The junk files will remain on SD.

guily6669 likes this.
  5. domino-s

domino-s Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2010
    Canada
    So is XCI to main menu copying another version on the SD card or does it copy to the sysnand(or emunand)?

6. BATMAN-

BATMAN- Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    Poland
    Is there anyone out there who updated from 2.0.1 to this? I heard that on earlier versions your NSP installs would not work - is it the same with this one? Any help shall be greatly appreciated!

7. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    That was already fixed in 2 previous updates 2.4.1

BATMAN- likes this.
  8. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I'm confused as to why this is front page news.

9. gbadl

gbadl GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Wait, are you two saying that XCI can be installed free without an SXOS license? Is the only reason to get the SX OS license for XCI mounting?

10. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    It wouldn't matter to opensource users b/c its essentially the same as nsp installing.

Last edited by MasterJ360, Jan 3, 2019
  11. gbadl

gbadl GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Well I am wondering for SXOS if it can be used for free as well, was wondering if XCI install is free built in feature now or are they locking it down as a licensed feature? Doesn't make sense that they would lock it down if they can freely install an NSP. Just wanted to confirm.

12. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    because people like me depend on gbatemp to keep me updated with the latest updates for sxos. really the only thing i've been looking forward to the past 2 weeks.

0000ff, Greyfux27, rickwj324 and 3 others like this.
  13. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    When you buy a license for the sxos you gain access to the features in future updates as well. You don't need to pay for everything they release. Yes its built in aslong you are on the latest updates

Last edited by MasterJ360, Jan 3, 2019 - Reason: can't spell
  14. gbadl

gbadl GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Yes but you can use SXOS without a license. Without a license you should have access to everything except for XCI Loading / Mounting. Now with this new version did they lock down XCI installing or is it available for users without a license?

15. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    I rely on GBATemp for this news and the site has not failed me.

16. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    I'm sure its license locked since the sxos is the only way to utilize xci content, but even so its the same thing as nsp installing with or without a license. This is just a convenient update for xci users that are tired of using the sx loader screen. It wouldn't benefit free users b/c they already have nsp installation. What free users really want is xci loading/HDD support well those that want to broaden their options.

Last edited by MasterJ360, Jan 3, 2019 - Reason: update
  17. Sillybunnie

Sillybunnie Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2018
    United States
    I haven't done anything with my switch yet, what do peoplerecommend: buying sxos, using using free version for homebrew nsps, or using atmosphere or reinx instead?

Sounds like main advantage of sx os is xci mounting and using an external hard drive for xci correct?

Being watching from the sidelines since I bought my switch in June to see how things played out.

18. LysergCooltyp

LysergCooltyp I don't know why the microwave burns

Nov 4, 2011
    Unless you want XCI support and booting from an external drive, atmosphere. If you want those two things SX OS. It's that simple.

klear likes this.
  19. burial

burial GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2018
    United States
    So has anyone tried the XCI installing yet?

20. enarky

enarky owls?

GBAtemp Patron
    enarky is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 31, 2003
    Afghanistan
    Okami HD was released physically in Japan and has English language, I'm pretty sure there is a genuine XCI. Also there's this.

Redferne likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted