TX Announces revolutionary update to SX OS v2.0 with 'EmuNAND' and more

Team-Xecuter has been quiet since v6.0.0 officially rolled out for the Nintendo Switch last week, but they are back with this time an amazing revolutionary update to their SX OS
SXOS20.jpg

And you may ask why is it 'revolutionary', well because for first time a CFW for the Switch contains 'EmuNAND', just like back in the days of the 3DS scene, so check out their official PR announcement below:
Hello friends! Team Xecuter is happy to bring you the official 2.0 release of your beloved SX OS.

A lot has happened since the initial release of SX OS a few months ago. This is far from a simple proof of concept custom firmware anymore. With this major update we bring some exciting new functionality to the table. We suggest you grab a beverage of your choice and read on to learn more!
  • EmuNAND
Lets start with the major new feature in 2.0: EmuNAND.

Those who have a background in the Nintendo 3DS hacking scene know what this is, but let's quickly elaborate for those of you who are new to the game:

The Switch uses a NAND Flash storage chip to store all of the system software, as well as your save games and other assets. With EmuNAND we create a shadow copy of this storage from which you can run SX OS. The benefits from doing this are that you keep your SX OS "world" separated from your original firmware. This also means you can keep your switch on an older firmware, while running the latest and greatest firmware inside of your EmuNAND. As we all know, older is better.. when it comes to defeating system security at least. And newer is better when it comes to enjoying the latest content! :)

Another upside of consolidating your SX OS usage from your original firmware usage is vastly reducing the risk of a network ban. You can run SX OS in EmuNAND, of course with our Stealth Mode enabled, and anything that is littered on the EmuNAND's filesystem is not visible to the switch in Original Firmware mode.

One thing to note is that SX OS EmuNAND works a bit differently compared to what some of you might think of as "traditional" EmuNAND where the entire NAND is copied to a separate partition on the MicroSD card. With SX OS EmuNAND your EmuNAND partition lives inside of your regular NAND. The primary reason for this is that occupying 32GB of a MicroSD card is a bit wasteful. The secondary reason is by utilizing the existing flash storage we can guarantee performance and reliability.

You can set up EmuNAND by booting into the SX OS boot menu (hold Volume + during boot) and going into the revamped "Options" menu. There you will find a section called EmuNAND which will guide you through the setup. By default SX OS will allocate 15GB for your EmuNAND partition. If you want to use a different size hit the "advanced" button before creating your EmuNAND.

SX OS will boot into EmuNAND by default if it finds a valid EmuNAND partition. If you don't want to boot into EmuNAND, there's a button in the SX OS Boot menu which will allow you to continue booting with EmuNAND disabled.
  • NAND Dumping, Restoring, GPT Repair
As mentioned in the previous section we have revamped our SX OS boot menu's option screen quite a bit. For the tinkerers and advanced users we introduced an easy method of dumping/restoring your NAND flash storage. Another neat addition for people who had an unhappy accident while playing with their NAND is the "GPT Repair" option. This will repair your NAND's partition table if you ever need to. Again, this functionality is for advanced users who know what they're doing only. Please be cautious when using this functionality.
  • LayeredFS working on 6.0
With our (early) support for 6.0 we introduced a regression where "LayeredFS" would no longer work. This has been corrected and you can now enjoy your game modifications/hacks again on the latest official firmware.
  • Homebrew NSP Compatibility
We got word that the community has started distributing homebrew titles as NSP files recently. These NSP files cut some corners in the way they are crafted, but we decided to introduce support to make them usable with SX OS anyway. So you can now enjoy your favorite homebrew titles that comes as installable NSP files and launch them directly from the home screen!
  • Closing Words
Whew, we're sorry for the wall of text. We tried to keep things as concise and easy to understand as possible. SX OS 2.0 is a big and important update, but certainly won't be the last. We know you're all waiting for even more functionality that is in high demand. Rest assured, we work as fast as we can to scrap these items off of the bucket list and bring them to you, the loyal end user, as fast as we can!

Enough chit-chat, you can update to SX OS 2.0 right *now* by using the built-in updater if you are running SX OS 1.9 or higher. Otherwise head to our website and grab a copy! Enjoy!

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--​

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to have about 16GB of free space on your nand before doing this - cancel emunand creation and delete the emunand if it was created, then go to your O/F and check how much free space you have, if you don't have at least 16GB - delete some updates.

Before creating emunand, I made sure I had about 20gb free. It's all good now... the process finally completed lol

Reactions: Reecey

Dokma

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I can't boot any games with emunand in 6.0. The error code that appears is 2002-1002. I made an emunnand of 5Gb witout user data. Does someone have the same problem?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the stolen stuff in the past hasn't been released publicly, but in discord, not saying they haven't created this themselves, just no proof as of yet they have, not that they even need proof as TX don't care anyway, just wish it was open source so everyone could contribute to the overall switch hacking scene.
If you have no proof to say it's stolen then how about you fkc off with your constant sx stole.

It's like accusing you for stealing £50 off an old lady.... there's no proof you didn't so it makes it legit that you did.

You clearly don't know much Do You, xecuter are not some kiddy codejunkie wannabe, these are people that have brought excellent exploits across multiple systems.

If your able to do better than kindly release your shit, if not kindly stfu.

If emunand was possible first by others then it would have been released.... it hasn't been released because it hasn't been done.

And why should it be open source, that means sx have to provide customer service for shit n00bs write or take hate when n00bs release shit that doesn't work or damages their system.

You pay for sx, you get support and updated from sx.

If you want open source then install public released cfw.

Last edited by ,

Gr3n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In b4 some prat claims TX stole it...

Good job. Very. Good. Job.
Its a shitty job. Very shitty job. They just did some half assed job to try and beat the "TX stole it" negative press. The damn point of emunand is to boot CFW without leaving *ANY* traces on your Switch. I.E. booting to an OS on your SD Card. I'm not going to say one way or another whether ninty can detect this right now, but I am sure as hell they could implement a way to catching it.

How can you even call it "emunand" if its literally WRITTEN ONTO THE SYSNAND?

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a shitty job. Very shitty job. They just did some half assed job to try and beat the "TX stole it" negative press. The damn point of emunand is to boot CFW without leaving *ANY* traces on your Switch. I.E. booting to an OS on your SD Card. I'm not going to say one way or another whether ninty can detect this right now, but I am sure as hell they could implement a way to catching it.

You call it shitty yet you don't even know how it works
Go hide yourself

Reactions: flatty69 and Phenj

Gr3n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You call it shitty yet you don't even know how it works
Go hide yourself
Because the point of emunand is to not leave traces of your cfw shit on your console, and they are literally leaving the whole thing on the system nand? I don't need to deep dive into how it works I'm literally just taking it from how TX described it rofl

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the point of emunand is to not leave traces of your cfw shit on your console, and they are literally leaving the whole thing on the system nand? I don't need to deep dive into how it works I'm literally just taking it from how TX described it rofl
You do know that if it's on the SD card Nintendo can see it too right? You make no sense

You have no clue how the thing works. Stop making a fool of yourself

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
You do know that if it's on the SD card Nintendo can see it too right? You make no sense

With a sd card we would have the option to swap it with a clean one when using official firmware.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now things are getting interesting. I'll wait a month or so until after others have done their testing to really see if this thing will help one to stay safe when using SX OS (for offline use of course). I plan to play the heck out of Smash Bros once it releases, and I can't risk losing online play.

Gr3n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You still are speaking for yourself. Like others have suggested, I can VERY easily take my SD card out. Can't take my NAND module out that easily.

SoCALCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about my Nintendo SWITCH Full Nand Backup I did when I was on OFW v5.1.0

When I first got my TX Pro and before I started to use SXOS on my Switch, I made sure I copied my keys and did a full Nand Backup by using TegraRcmGUI.

I now decided to do a full factory reset on my Switch and update to OFW v6.0 via online. Will I need to do another full Nand Backup now that I'm running on OFW v6.0 or will the original Nand Backup that I created when I was on OFW 5.1 still be good to use inn the event something were to go wrong?

I know I could have use Rajkosto's Choidujour to update the firmware and save me from burning fuses on the Switch along with reverting back to v5.1 if I wanted too. But the reason I didn't use it, is because I didn't want to run my Switch in auto RCM mode or CFW full time...

PS
In the event I need to create a new Nand backup because of updating to OFW v6.0 and since SXOS v2.0 has a Nand option backup feature I was wondering if I should use it to create the Nand backup instead of using TegraRcmGUI?

Last edited by SoCALCat,

bunny_wabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason it crashes when I choose the NAND tab. I don't know if it's just crashing when I choose one of the options though. Hekate (3.1) did what I wanted but just something I thought was worth mentioning.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

OK... I wrote that when it had been out for literally 10 minutes... A little trolling never hurt anyone! ;)

Yeah... It is concerning, the approach they have taken. I don`t buy the "hidden in plain sight" approach either at the moment...

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I now decided to do a full factory reset on my Switch and update to OFW v6.0 via online. Will I need to do another full Nand Backup now that I'm running on OFW v6.0 or will the original Nand Backup that I created when I was on OFW 5.1 still be good to use inn the event something were to go wrong?

You would have to upgrade your nand backup to 6.0 for it to boot normally.

Although you could boot into RCM and then use a dongle to disable the fuse checks.

Lots of people on gbatemp like to use terms incorrectly for their own gratification (like CFW for things that really aren't CFW) so chastising TX seems a little harsh when it is emulating the nand.

It meets the technical definition of emunand, even if it doesn't meet your objectives. Although I wonder why TX don't let you store the nand on microsd.

Last edited by smf,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
It's fun the fact that Team TX is one of the sponsors of gbatemp and everyone hates them.
That statement is an over exaggeration - Not 'everyone hates them'. I have used their products for many years.

Original xbox - Xtal case lcd front + Xecuter 3 modchip.
PS2 - modchip
Xbox360 - demon nand/Cool Runner.
Switch - SX OS

They have brought a lot to the scene over the years and have provided me an easy and cheap way to game. Also at 1 point I bricked my original PSP and they has a dual nand solution (before the pandora battery was a thing) where I was able to fix it (can't remember the name of that chip though).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-