1. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    now is the time for tiny solder guy to make a comeback :creep:

Armadillo likes this.
  2. p177

p177 Newbie
    Newcomer

Croatia
    Wait, sx core costs 59.99 for something you get no info about?

3. Devy-Kun

Devy-Kun Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Soldering...? Sheesh.

Thank God I actually looked into this thread before pre-ordering. I've been wondering whether if I should just look into an older Switch or what. Well, now I know.

4. rhino242

rhino242 Newbie
    Newcomer

Tonga
    I don't get it WHY they don't tell the most basic things about their product when they propose to preorder??? It honestly irritates me, and I suppose not only me.

Like will the regular Switch model require a solder job or not.

5. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Norway
    Well if they didn't say it wasn't solderless it probably isn't.

6. roamin

roamin GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Exactly, they want you to preorder a device thats 60 bucks, yet they have given 0 info on the unit, no explanation on how its even soldered in. piss poor really and @garyopa knows more then he always leads on which is also piss poor, he clearly has a direct connection to the team, how hard is it to say give me some info and pics so i can advertise it.

not a chance in hell id preorder a solder on device without a single piece of knowledge on exactly what needs to be soldered.

now if there in preorder, there being tested and there posting videos about it, then clearly they know whats required to install it. why not come out and say what the process is to install it? seems very fishy too me....

i dont doubt it works. just doubting the installation. i think theres going to be a lot of people pre ordering a device they wont know how to install / have the skillset to install.

7. Doverking1

Doverking1 Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    So it's $45 in NA but $60 for everywhere else? I dont understand. Also if this was a relatively easy install then Im sure they would wanna advertise that in the form of an installation video or something. Announcing pre-orders and letting hundreds of people who have never soldered in their lives give up their money without any explanation as to how it's done is highly shady. I dont care if stock is limited, not giving them a penny until I actually know what this product is.

8. Whitak3r

Whitak3r Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I don't see why everyone is so upset about them allowing preorders. No one is making you order anything. Most people are only pre-ordering so that way they won't have to wait weeks on backorder once it's finally released. If you DON'T mind risking a few week backorder wait, then don't order.

They said that the beta chips should be shipping end of next week. Which means the beta people should have them in hand around 2 weeks from next friday. You figure it takes a few days of testing and making review videos. So right now you're already looking about a MONTH out at least, IF you preorder. If not, it could be more. Most people, myself included, are only preordering so there isn't a chance we get put on a 2-3 month back order when it's time for the release.

The longer the chip stays under wraps, the longer it will be for nintendo to patch it or made a hardware revision.

humnis likes this.
  9. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    where are you pre ordering from?

what is the best re seller, uber chips look better than the other ones but they are selling for batch 2,
    where can i pre order for batch 1 for US for $45

how con TX has it listed on their site for $60

Whitak3r likes this.
  10. Whitak3r

Whitak3r Member
    Newcomer

United States

I got in a couple on Batch #1 of Uberchips and a couple from Mod3DScards. I ordered from M3dS first because they have been around for a LOOONG time and the webpage was live before UC. Both claim to ship from US. I got a couple from UC just to check them out. They have ads right on the TX webpage so I figured I'd try them out, even though they are brand new. Not sure why TX says $60? What website? They press release on their own website says $45.95. Uberchips wants all payment up front. M3dS wants ~11 now and rest on release.

weatMod likes this.
  11. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    the only one that specifies the final price is UC though, the other ones just say a pre order price and they do ont specify which batch
    UC specifies the details , they say batch 2 and %0 with shipping
    you think i should just try mod3dscard instead ?
    i don't want to pre order and then have them tell me $59 plus shipping later on, none of them are disclosing the price except uberchips
    and someone just posted a few posts back about the $59 price but they said it is for non north america orders

EDIT: ok for some reason it said 59.99 now it changed to $45
    it comes to 54.90 with shipping from TX
    you think it's faster if i order direct from TX ?

Last edited by weatMod, Apr 12, 2020
  12. SunlitSpace542

Newcomer

United States
    Finally, a reason for me to buy a Switch Lite.

weatMod likes this.
  13. Corgano

Corgano Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hold off until actual reviews of the thing come out, from reputable third party sources. I remember around when switch firmware 9.0 came out SXOS would crash because they forgot to remember to change the name of the atmosphere folder. I remember the fluffery of the news they dumped xbox one cpu code and how literally nothing came of it. I'm not as gullible as i once was and you shouldn't be either. We need someone to get real hands on this and actually see what it is and how it works before we throw money at it.

Money to a company before they deliver is incentive to disappoint. Money to a company after it's proven is an incentive to prove themselves.

14. DoomVirus

DoomVirus Newbie
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    Garyopa wrote "debug usb for timings/firmware"...the new hack could be some sort of rgh?

Deleted User likes this.
  15. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

He did say timing We shall wait and see.

16. semzorro

semzorro GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    we have been waiting for this bois as we waited for Snake to climb that ladder in MGS3.
    What a thrill
    With darkness and silence through the night
    What a thrill
    I'm searching and I'll melt into you
    What a fear in my heart
    But you're so supreme!
    I give my life
    Not for honor, but for you
    In my time there'll be no one else
    Crime, it's the way I fly to you
    I'm still in a dream, Snake Eater
    Someday you go through the rain,
    And someday you feed on a tree frog,
    It's ordeal, the trial to survive
    For the day we see new light
    I give my life
    Not for honor, but for you
    In my time there'll be no one else
    Crime, it's the way I fly to you

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also i hope shipping to Russia will not be complicated.

17. veenx0704

veenx0704 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    dumb question...so this works on 10.0 firmware?

18. Blyton

Blyton Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    iirc there where informations a few months ago where they said that you can use it w/o soldering but doesnt work so well

19. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    i remember that too but i think that was just for the regular one not the lite
    i saw the pics a few posts back it looks like there is a QSB that requires you to solder to to 2 points on either side of a SMD resistor

20. Tatsuna

Tatsuna Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Supposedly, yes it will.
    Technically, it should work on every firmware based on the assumption that this is not a software hack but an hardware one. You're literally tampering with your system MOBO so until it comes out I don't think Nintendo's going to be capable of doing anything about that.

When the chips will start spreading, I believe they'll do something. First of all, they're going to modify the next Switch in production in order to nullify the chip, then they'll try to make it useless even on older Switch by software updates, even though it's going to be pretty hard and don't know if Nintendo is really going to do that.

Obv, that's just my own speculation. Don't count on it.

veenx0704 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Preorders, Announce,