two rows GW multirom menu instead of one?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kawaii, May 11, 2015.

1. Kawaii
    OP

Kawaii GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2015
    New Zealand
    Not near you
    Is it possible to have two rows (2x5) of GW multirom menu instead of one (1x5)?

2. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    That's something i also like :) 2 rows would be way better instead of 1 ;)

3. xBleedingSoulx

xBleedingSoulx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 20, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Barnsley, England
    Not possible from what I know but have you thought about buying a bigger SD card for your 3DS and just using .cia games, you don't need to scroll through a full microSD of games that way. They're all installed onto the 3DS on multiple rows.

4. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    is there a game limit or something?

5. AlexaC

AlexaC Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2014
    Malaysia

Is Installing cia onto N3ds using the same methods as installing into old 3ds?

6. xBleedingSoulx

Sep 20, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Barnsley, England
    Yeah, I actually switched my 32GB MicroSD from my Gateway with the one in my N3DS and installed all my games onto that because that was the only 32GB MicroSD I had.

7. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    I have a 32GB SD in my 3DS, but it's easier to quickly try a few games out from GW SD, before installing it as CIA :)

8. Kawaii
    OP

Kawaii GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2015
    New Zealand
    Not near you
    i love CIA. i just hate installing it and the savefiles backup method. especially on the n3DS where you need to literally unscrew to access the mSD

9. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    You'll have to email Gateway team with that request. Also, remember that R and L buttons skip 5 at a time when scrolling through the rom list.

siFippo, mech, ravihpa and 1 other person like this.
  10. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    Wow, didn't know that :P

Thanx buddy :D

11. AlexaC

AlexaC Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2014
    Malaysia
    Yeah I plan to switch it too. Off topic but I just bought Japan N3DS, and I was wondering should I get OOT or CN? I'm not rushing to use my N3ds since I have other two old 3dses. Should I wait(gate-wait lol) for GW team to release an update without using OOT & CN? (Used CN & oot price almost the same in my country)

12. xBleedingSoulx

Sep 20, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Barnsley, England
    If you were going to get one or the other, I'd suggest Cubic Ninja for the sole reason that there's two versions of OOT and only one of them works with the exploit, as far as I'm aware. As for whether you should wait or not, it's entirely up to you, nobody knows when or if Gateway will find an exploit that requires neither. It could be a few days, a few months, a few years or never.

13. kactusss

kactusss GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    France
    I agree with xBleedingSoulx. Moreover you will be able to run some homebrews with CN/Ninjhax :)

14. Typhin

Typhin GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    OoT also requires an exploitable system to load the save file onto the card, whereas CN only requires scanning a QR code (and being online the first time you do).