Two REALLY Annoying XBOX LIVE Membership Problems

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Zenith94, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Zenith94
    OP

Member Zenith94 1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz

United States
    1) EVERYTIME I try to change the windows live ID associated with my gamertag I get the the conformation part and it says "Cannot connect to xbox live" or some BS like that. Yet, I am still connected to live because I can view my friends and stuff like that. So what the hell am I doing wrong?

2) It is not letting me download mature rated titles on the marketplace. I went into the parental controls and set it so I can download all content regardless of rating but it still gives me this message.

Any Solutions? I don't fell like calling microsoft and waiting on hold...

2. darnoc

Member darnoc GBAtemp Regular

Canada

is your windows live id age under 17? if so thats why

3. Zenith94
    OP

United States
    For the "M" stuff right? Well I can just create a new profile for that I guess. What about the email thing?

4. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Do it on live.xbox.com

5. Penguin

Newcomer Penguin Advanced Member

Australia
    Can't you just use the Parent's Account to change the Xbox Live Family Settings? You can change them in the Xbox Guide Menu, or the NXE menu... I think [​IMG]

6. Zenith94
    OP

United States
    News:

I got the email thing to work apparently you can't have the email for the gamertag itself be the same as the parent account's email. So I just made a new email and trashed my old gamertag, now, everything is up to date.

Linkiboy - I tried that, it says I dont have permission to.

Penguin - I tried that as well but it just makes it so you can play "m" rated game discs, it does not affect what you are aloud to download.

And I can't make a new gamertag and make it 17 because I have microsoft points saved up on ZenithMarth. AND I REALLY WANT BIONIC COMMANDO.

EDIT: I just managed to download the demo for bionic commando. Then I tried the shadowrun demo and it didn't work. Then, I went to live.xbox.com again and tried to re-download bionic commando demo and it said I don't have permission.

Wow this whole thing is confusing and starting to get annoying.