gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
hi guys!
i finally got my DSL!
happy.gif

i have two questions! : )
1- yesterday, the BrainAge did operate strangely, one time when i logged in as my name, scren went fade out and stayed white, another time when i wanted to play a game on brainage, same thing happed, but today i didnt encounter such thing and i didnt encounter such thing in any other games that i played till now. i'm a little scared, Is my G6 healthy?

2- my second question is about its size, i'm a lil scared of its size to be working and usable, can u tell me exact games that u have on ur G6 that does consume all of its space? i wanna test that am i able to put all of those games on G6? to test if all of its space is usable since its program is working by megabits and it gives me headache.

3- is it possible to copy the games that u-disk edited and copied to G6, to computer, so each time u want to play a game, u just drag and drop, no need for pc program?

4- is there a test thing to do to make sure that G6 is not malfunctioning or anything and is fully healthy? i'm a lil scared cuz i've read alot of bad reports about its size and like it.

phew!
i love that i know people to ask my quesions, i think i'm only person in this country to have G6. seriously.
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
gbasp.gif
gbasp.gif
yaynds.gif

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I dont play brainage so I wouldnt know

I have ACWW, metroid zero mission, metroid fussion, Mario hoops 3 on 3, FF3, Children of Mana, Tetris and media files!

yes you can just drag the game files to a certain folders if you want!! also do that for the save files

all the siz problems are fine! its just every one is used to like 1GB or 2GB

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2) Windows explorer (or My Computer) should report that the G6 has a capacity of about 499 megabytes.

3) If you select a hard disk when you start the U-disk manager, it will write all the files to the \NDS (or \GBA) folder on that disk. You can then just copy the files to the same folder on the G6 when you want to use them. You'll need to copy the .nds, .ico, and .0 files for everything to work correctly on the G6.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
thnx for ur quick answers, oh God, i was thinking about these problems all day and now i have answers in minutes!

one thing i didnt understand "all the siz problems are fine! its just every one is used to like 1GB or 2GB", did u mean that the problem is over? (sorry 4 my bad english)

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hi guys!
i finally got my DSL!
happy.gif

i have two questions! : )
1- yesterday, the BrainAge did operate strangely, one time when i logged in as my name, scren went fade out and stayed white, another time when i wanted to play a game on brainage, same thing happed, but today i didnt encounter such thing and i didnt encounter such thing in any other games that i played till now. i'm a little scared, Is my G6 healthy?

ANSWER:Well this can happen if you never charge your G6 lite.I let my G6 lite Charge for about 6-24 Hours

2- my second question is about its size, i'm a lil scared of its size to be working and usable, can u tell me exact games that u have on ur G6 that does consume all of its space? i wanna test that am i able to put all of those games on G6? to test if all of its space is usable since its program is working by megabits and it gives me headache.

ANSWER:Well I have Animal Crossing Wild World,Need For Speed Carbon,Asphalt Urban GT,Club House Games,Metroid Prime Hunters,AND MORE.....

3- is it possible to copy the games that u-disk edited and copied to G6, to computer, so each time u want to play a game, u just drag and drop, no need for pc program?

ANSWER:Yes all you have to do is COPY the WHOLE GAME(S) Onto your hard drive or removeable Storage like me.

4- is there a test thing to do to make sure that G6 is not malfunctioning or anything and is fully healthy? i'm a lil scared cuz i've read alot of bad reports about its size and like it.

ANSWER:Well I don't know about the test thing but, You can always use the Maintenance tool.

phew!
i love that i know people to ask my quesions, i think i'm only person in this country to have G6. seriously.
yaynds.gif
Â
yaynds.gif
Â
yaynds.gif
Â
yaynds.gif
gbasp.gif
Â
gbasp.gif
Â
yaynds.gif

EDITED BY Killamurk07

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
one thing i didnt understand "all the siz problems are fine! its just every one is used to like 1GB or 2GB", did u mean that the problem is over? (sorry 4 my bad english)
Please explain exactly what you want to know. I don't know what problem you are talking about.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
first, thank t43026 for answering my Qs.
second, destructobot, i meant "i didnt understand what u meant, did u mean that there is no such problem with 4G? Is this just problem of 1G and 2G? since you said 'all the siz problems are fine', i just dont get that sentence."

thank u guys.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
"I let my G6 lite Charge for about 6-24 Hours" what the hell? do i have to charge it? u sure?! does it deplete? i heard that i have to put it in my USB to charge but no one told me (not even in manual) that i have to charge it!
plz help!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The G6 has a rechargeable battery for the SRAM, and you charge it through the USB adapter. If it is not charged you will lose your save when you turn the DS off, but you should not have a problem loading the previous save.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
thnx for answer, how u know how much battery is left? how to know when its charged?

if the battery depletes, all the save games will destroy i think, like GBA game packs that their batteries are depleted. i didnt get what u meant by "you should not have a problem loading the previous save"

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You never really know exactly how much power is left in the battery by conventional means. Safe practice is to recharge it in the USB every 2 weeks for 6-8 hours. What he means about the saves is that the saves ARE saved on your g6 cart, so even if the battery dies, the saves are still there (from whatever you saved before)....this would be the .0, .1, .2 files you see. Those are save files. .0 is the default slot that it loads before starting a game and writes to when autosave is enabled (when you restart it says loading please do not power off etc). This is stored on the part of the g6 (non-volatile) that won't be erased when the battery dies. The part that CURRENT (saves from the game you last played) saves are stored on is called the SRAM (volatile) and this needs constant power from the battery to keep its information. So, even if the battery dies, as long as soft-reset is enabled in the rom patching process, you can always save and then soft-reset to the main menu and let the sram write its information back into the .0 file to keep yoru saves. The battery becomes a problem when you save a game and shut the DS off without restarting to the main menu and the save disappears since the SRAM is no longer powered.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The G6 only stores a save in SRAM until you restart the DS. At that point it moves the save data from the SRAM to the .0 file in the G6's flash memory. The SRAM only needs the battery when the DS is turned off. It can still load the save from a .0 file if the battery is depleted, and you can still save the game, but you will lose the save if you turn off the DS.

There is no indicator for the SRAM battery, but if you keep it plugged in for at least a few hours each month it should be fine.

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only way I know is when my G6 lite Starts Slowing Down Once it charge for about 6-24 Hours. It last about 1-2 Months constantly playing. Compared to the regular M3 when it dies you need to change the battery.I notice that when I use IRC if it turns WHITE SCREENS I know that the SRAM May need a lil Charge but I have to say the battery last along time without chargeing..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn