Homebrew TWL Slot-1 Launcher (First custom DSiWare app!)

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who are wondering about the ARDSi working....

"I had already attempted to boot a Action Replay DSi. Unfortunately the cart itself did some tricks to switch the card into a secondary mode (as described by the hackmii article). I don't think this works properly if the rom of the cart is booted from TWLN as an installed title. That + the fact that wood dumper may not have dumped the right rom because of the order of the init commands.

The rom also had to be rebuilt in a special way. I don't think the person in the hackmii article ever released the rom he reassembled. So I have nothing to work with and it's not likely I'll get this to work on a 3DS in it's current form." @Apache Thunder

https://hackmii.com/2010/02/lawsuit-coming-in-3-2-1/

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you get an error on boot, double check that you have TWL_FIRM patched either via preinstalled CIA or via rxTools (or a future CFW that add the new patches) before reporting that your flashcard doesn't work with this. Thanks!

How do I do this? I installed rxTools but I forgot which version.

lallilulelo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Noob question since I've never used a flashcart before. I'm buying tomorrow an old R4i 3ds 2012 cart from a cousin. Do I have to use this to make it work or should I use another way?

Edit: Nevermind, Luma boots it perfectly!

Last edited by lallilulelo,

Lisaerys

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Apache! Great program!

However, I've run into some problems, maybe someone here can help me out? I've got an old TTDS flashcard with 2GB space from NDSTT.
I have Luma and FBI installed (via Plaitecs guide), and installed TWL Slot-1 Launcher with FBI. But, I get errors on startup when I have inserted the flashcard and clicked on the flashcard OR the TWL-SLot-1 Launcher icon on the home menu (which one are you supposed to boot when wanting to play ds games?). There's no banner shown for the flashcard on the home menu (in the youtube video you could see the 'TT' banner, but I don't have that). On the old DS, the cards start automatically. I made sure I installed the latest firmware on the micro-sd: with the new (unofficial) firmware it shows a directory (in which I have to navigate to the 'games' folder), with the old official firmware it shows a list with games.

Via the launcher it takes a bit before the error shows, via the 'card icon' (without banner) it is immediately shown.

My TW_FIRM files are correct (before I had an incorrect one from what I've read here about TWL_FIRM but with help on Reddit I installed the right ones again which belong to Luma. Before the tw_firm change I got the same error messages by the way, so nothing went wrong with (re)installing them).
I just installed the launcher .cia with FBI from the SD card. Got the .cia from here. Do I need to do anything else? Change the firmware on the TTDS card? The only stuff I can see regarding firmware or kernels is this, but there are a lot more files on the micro-sd than just those. When updating the firmware, I've copied and merged them (to keep the extra files). And it doesn't work without those extra files. t'm on a mac by the way, don't know if that changes anything. The TTDS cards were setup on a windows pc years ago.

These are the files on the TTDS card by the way. It autostarts in the old DS.

Anyone know what is going wrong?

Last edited by Lisaerys,

Jelanye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi.

I have a O3DS that is on 11.0.0-33U (I did everything on Plailect's guide) and am looking to get my R4 working. I have a R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS, which is like the newest one, which is supposed to work on 11.0.0-33U. I put the latest kernel from r4i-sdhc.com on and the card doesn't boot normally. I looked online and found your slot-1 and stage-2 launchers and tried a whole bunch but to no avail did the R4 work. I don't know much about all this TWL stuff but I remember installing a TWLfirm_o3ds.cia or something like that from FBI at one point to see if it worked but it didn't either. This is the root of my 3DS sd card:

4K0beml.png

This is the Micro-sd that is in my r4:

v9Tgtaa.png

I've tried a whole bunch of your launchers to try and get it to work but nothing has worked. Can you help me with getting this R4 to work? Can it work? I have like 2 other R4s in my desk somewhere but AFAIK they are also 3DS version R4's. This is a picture of my R4s:

x4GWlPD.jpg

Thanks!

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.

I have a O3DS that is on 11.0.0-33U (I did everything on Plailect's guide) and am looking to get my R4 working. I have a R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS, which is like the newest one, which is supposed to work on 11.0.0-33U. I put the latest kernel from r4i-sdhc.com on and the card doesn't boot normally. I looked online and found your slot-1 and stage-2 launchers and tried a whole bunch but to no avail did the R4 work. I don't know much about all this TWL stuff but I remember installing a TWLfirm_o3ds.cia or something like that from FBI at one point to see if it worked but it didn't either. This is the root of my 3DS sd card:

4K0beml.png

This is the Micro-sd that is in my r4:

v9Tgtaa.png

I've tried a whole bunch of your launchers to try and get it to work but nothing has worked. Can you help me with getting this R4 to work? Can it work? I have like 2 other R4s in my desk somewhere but AFAIK they are also 3DS version R4's. This is a picture of my R4s:

x4GWlPD.jpg

Thanks!
can you run legit ds carts? There is a chance your twl_firm is broken, in that case download twl firm and whitelist from NUS.

Jelanye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can you run legit ds carts? There is a chance your twl_firm is broken, in that case download twl firm and whitelist from NUS.

Oh wow, I can't run a legit DS cart. Is there a guide for how to do this anywhere? I just installed 0004013800000102 v4625 in the SD menu through FBI but I really don't know what I'm doing :P I tried downloading the version 0 whitelist from 3DNUS but it just does not work so I don't know how to get my hands on it. But you are right my TWL_firm is broken I gues....

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh wow, I can't run a legit DS cart. Is there a guide for how to do this anywhere? I just installed 0004013800000102 v4625 in the SD menu through FBI but I really don't know what I'm doing :P I tried downloading the version 0 whitelist from 3DNUS but it just does not work so I don't know how to get my hands on it. But you are right my TWL_firm is broken I gues....

so yeah,
download with 3dsnus some titles and install then from sysNAND to NAND. those titles are:
DS Cart Whitelist = 0004800F484E4841 - v0
TWL_FIRM = 0004013800000102 - v1489
This will make all ds carts that ever worked on 3ds to work again, including official cart and flashcarts.

Last edited by the assaf,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm just wondering now that i can get my AK2I to load on my N3DS can i flash a higher loaderthingy on it too? or would that break my card somehow?

KevinSebas10

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if anyone has got make work this flashcard; R4i-SDHC 1.4.1. The webpage of this flashcard is r4i-sdhc.com. I've been trying launch this flashcard with a lot of launchers but it doesn't work. Can you, @ApacheThunder, make it work? My R4 Original works perfectly with R4 Stage2 Launcher and I tried with NTRLauncher

Mapachillo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When running the application immediately an error appears saying: an error has occured. Press and Hold the POWER button, etc.

badend

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a SuperCard DSOne ver. idk. :wacko:
(firmware i downloaded several years ago shows "DSONE_SDHC_Evolution_V1.0_chs_sp6.zip". in case anyone wanna know.)
i just modded my new3dsLL with a9lh & Luma3ds by Plailect's guide 2 days ago.
then i installed TWL Slot-1 Launcher.cia by FBI just for testing, didnt do anything with TWL_FIRM.
It works!! :rofl:
thx to Apache Thunder. :yaynds::yay3ds:

HPqFIwc.jpg GgDkxlT.jpg

Last edited by badend,
Reactions: ahezard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With your wife +1