Homebrew TWL Slot-1 Launcher (First custom DSiWare app!)

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black screen upon booting app. TWL should be patched via Luma3ds, trying to use R4i 3ds gold (r4ids.cn) on FW version 11.1

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I still having the black screen when I try to boot my R4i-SDHC with Luma3DS and TWL Launcher

Blackscreen? With a "error has occured" message on bottom screen? If you still get that then this may not be compatible with your flashcart. You'll either have to use a stage2 launcher specific to your cart or use NTR Launcher. I would go with trying NTR Launcher first. but unlike TWL Slot-1 Launcher, if you are using emunand, you need to install NTR Launcher on both sysnand and emunand before you can use it from emunand.

KevinSebas10

Trophies
XP
Country
Blackscreen? With a "error has occured" message on bottom screen? If you still get that then this may not be compatible with your flashcart. You'll either have to use a stage2 launcher specific to your cart or use NTR Launcher. I would go with trying NTR Launcher first. but unlike TWL Slot-1 Launcher, if you are using emunand, you need to install NTR Launcher on both sysnand and emunand before you can use it from emunand.
Okay, I will try it. Thanks! But it's curious that in the main post the flashcard appears like compatible

Sorry if I don't write English very well:D

EDIT. It has worked with NTR Launcher, thanks for all Apache

Last edited by KevinSebas10,
Reactions: Apache Thunder

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if using that will allow me to boot my R4i Gold that shows up as a white icon on home menu and boots to error screen when opening...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if using that will allow me to boot my R4i Gold that shows up as a white icon on home menu and boots to error screen when opening...

Or my original R4

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes NTR Launcher should be able to launch both of those.
Good. I've tried your other launcher(s) and they didn't work sadly. The weirdest thing ever is that my 2ds on the same FW, (well, emunand instead of sysnand) and the same CFW, can run it naively but not on my A9LH o3ds.

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a separate thread about it and never found a solution as to why it wouldn't work.

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Good. I've tried your other launcher(s) and they didn't work sadly. The weirdest thing ever is that my 2ds on the same FW, (well, emunand instead of sysnand) and the same CFW, can run it naively but not on my A9LH o3ds.

Try resetting twl_firm and ds whitelist Cias on your o3ds.

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States

Could be your A9HL install. The Luma Kernel9LoaderHax isntall, particulary the one that can load a payload off nand partition is known to have issues booting slot-1 in legacy mode due to ITCM stuff it does. Your only solution is to replace your stage1/stage2 payloads with a different version. I still use the original delebile version of Kernel9LoaderHax (the one with no screen init) and have no problems booting stuff with it.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be your A9HL install. The Luma Kernel9LoaderHax isntall, particulary the one that can load a payload off nand partition is known to have issues booting slot-1 in legacy mode due to ITCM stuff it does. Your only solution is to replace your stage1/stage2 payloads with a different version. I still use the original delebile version of Kernel9LoaderHax (the one with no screen init) and have no problems booting stuff with it.
What would I need to do to replace them? I've been using Aurora's version. Tried both screen init and no screen init.

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm asking is, how do I install that version, and is it safe/stable?

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ends up my TWL firm or something was messed up. Installed a series of CIAs from the A9LH troubleshooting to fix. Back to my gaming! :D

Edit: Original R4 doesn't seem to work with this launcher though??

Last edited by Ayukito,

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
my flashcart was made to run in 3ds and i can play well but with ntr launcher i can access to the menu but cant play any game

Make sure you didn't enable the TWL mode option in NTR Launcher. You only need the NTRCLOCK option set to zero if you want TWL clock speeds. That's assuming it was the alt build you had tried.

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you didn't enable the TWL mode option in NTR Launcher. You only need the NTRCLOCK option set to zero if you want TWL clock speeds. That's assuming it was the alt build you had tried.
i was in the normal build, i will give you my setting maybe i put something wrong:
[NTRLAUNCHER]
DISABLEANIMATION = 0
NTRCLOCK = 1
ENABLESD = 0
RESETSLOT1 = 1
when i try to play pokemon white 2 with ntr launcher with the setting of above the game give me white screen while with out any launcher
the game works perfect
PD: no dsi mode support yet right? (had been out of here for a while)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: