twistedfatal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jophilo said:
hi,
just try the trade editor but it won't work... i'm using the french rom for the both games. Is this the cause ? Or does it can work whith those versions too ?
Thx.
Please Read First post Iv Just Added What Needs To Be Done To Fix this Issue
smile.gif

Pyrolint

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twistedfatal said:
Pyrolint said:
Asd32 said:
Hi, Im new.
happy.gif

Just wanted to say that there might be an "error/bug" in the Attack editor.
I noticed that FusionFlare's effect showed as "Lowers User's Defense, Special Defense, and Speed by 1 Stage; Damages Allies" (This is not Fusion Flare's effect) whilst Fusion Bolt's as "Power Doubles if Fusion Bolt is used same turn before User"( This SHOULD be Fusion Flare's). I tried the Editor in different ROMS ( USA, EUR;AP fixed an clean ones) all showing the same. Is this how the attack editor is supposed to show the effects of both attacks? or some names/effects are messed up?(Note the ROMS are totally free of any kind of modification - excepting maybe the AP fixed ones). Everything else was -appareantly- fine (haven't checked all attacks, actually).
Thanks for all your hard work, any way.
Edit: Sorry for any mistakes I made, English is not my native language (Even though I use it a lot ...)

twistedfatal said:
QUOTE(Asd32 @ Apr 19 2011, 08:06 PM) Hi, Im new.
happy.gif

Just wanted to say that there might be an "error/bug" in the Attack editor.
I noticed that FusionFlare's effect showed as "Lowers User's Defense, Special Defense, and Speed by 1 Stage; Damages Allies" (This is not Fusion Flare's effect) whilst Fusion Bolt's as "Power Doubles if Fusion Bolt is used same turn before User"( This SHOULD be Fusion Flare's). I tried the Editor in different ROMS ( USA, EUR;AP fixed an clean ones) all showing the same. Is this how the attack editor is supposed to show the effects of both attacks? or some names/effects are messed up?(Note the ROMS are totally free of any kind of modification - excepting maybe the AP fixed ones). Everything else was -appareantly- fine (haven't checked all attacks, actually).
Thanks for all your hard work, any way.
Edit: Sorry for any mistakes I made, English is not my native language (Even though I use it a lot ...)

ye its how it reads but dont worry as it will still be correct in the rom you can change it to proper effects

I've testing a Handful of moves with the attack editor and I found some minor problems, the elemental punch's have no effect on anything. When I use ice punch,thunder punch, and or fire punch, it reads in game ''swampert used ice punch'' ''but it failed'' and a few more moves Bursting flame hits all foes on the field including your pokemon aswell.

Chould you upload ya save so i can fix these problems
smile.gif
I don't thinks its the save, You'll need the Rom because that's what the Attack editor edits.

jophilo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
twistedfatal said:
jophilo said:
hi,
just try the trade editor but it won't work... i'm using the french rom for the both games. Is this the cause ? Or does it can work whith those versions too ?
Thx.
Please Read First post Iv Just Added What Needs To Be Done To Fix this Issue
smile.gif

Ok, thx. Can you tell me a name and a link for the tool to use please?
Edit: Oupss !! Never mind, just re readed the first post...

suaqua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey Twisted, i havent heard any news for a few days and I was wondering how things were going. I can help test anything out that you may need (I did this a little with PPRE v0.12)

twistedfatal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
suaqua said:
hey Twisted, i havent heard any news for a few days and I was wondering how things were going. I can help test anything out that you may need (I did this a little with PPRE v0.12)
not bad just upgraded to vb2008. should have some tools out in the next few days

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twisted, do you have a list of which narc files are what? (example: a/0/5/7 = Scripts)
Or know of anywhere I can find SOME of the locations. (Overworld editor by Kazo needs a narc and I'm not sure which, specifically - but a whole list would help...)

twistedfatal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hatchetball said:
twisted, do you have a list of which narc files are what? (example: a/0/5/7 = Scripts)
Or know of anywhere I can find SOME of the locations. (Overworld editor by Kazo needs a narc and I'm not sure which, specifically - but a whole list would help...)

a/0/
a/0/1/1 contains the images for the fight menu
a/0/2/5 item sprites
a/0/3/0 touchscreen status?
a/0/3/1 player sprites
a/0/32 npc sprites
a/0/4/1 trainer sprites in combat
a/0/5/5 Pokemon types / movement type
a/0/8/3 Pokemon status menu?
a/0/8/5 world map

a/1/
a/1/1/8 keyboard
a/1/2/0 wifi club screen
a/1/2/4 Pokemon types / movement type
a/1/3/1 Character Artworks?
a/1/3/7 Battle Recorder
a/1/3/9 DSi / DSi XL / LL Menu Screen
a/1/4/3 Game Sync Screens
a/1/5/1 Season Screens (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)
a/1/6/4 Copyright Screen
a/1/7/0 Player and his friend's Pictures
a/1/7/1 CGear
a/1/7/3 Balloons
a/1/8/4 Trainer Sprites
a/1/8/7 Mysterious Person 'N'

a/2/
a/2/0/1 Certificate?
a/2/0/2 Certificate?
a/2/0/5 Starter's pictures
a/2/0/6 Battle Subway Map
a/2/2/0 'The End' Screen
a/2/4/4 Some Text (not the Script)

credits to some guy on this very forum lol

twistedfatal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hatchetball said:
Awesome! Thank you very much.
Do you thinking editing in a custom C-gear skin would be hard?
no probs
smile.gif
. i dunno man . i doubt it would be hard. it all depends on how they are stored in the rom/save you might even need to decrypt em which chould be hard if theirs no tools to do it

twistedfatal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pokepatrick said:
hey twisted I want to ask you something

when/where can I download your wild pokemon editor?

or is it still not finnished?

its not finished yet but i have still got all the offsets for the locations so its just a matter of editing the offsets for the eng games but i still need to add swarms and

all the landmarks ie dream yard and such and also fishing but i will continue it when i have finished the moveset editor which should take me about a week or so

maybe less

suaqua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so its been a little bit less than a week since you last spoke of the moveset editor. around what percentage would you say it is at about now since I am eagerly awaiting this tool as the final tool needed to work on my mod. thanks for all of your hard work!

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
But i can edit them via HEX editor so i no worry is take long to developed XD yeah and yeah XDDDDDDDD

but twistfatal i have question:
1. you wild pokemon editor will support alternative form? (in code you can just +8 on second byte (is working all, don't worry if is over it will back to deafult form))
2. yeah for swarm pokemon is bit hard than wild pokemon editor.........
3. is can edit on seasonal route?
4. can edit header byte (it will disable, because someone like no wild pokemon on her mod so i think is important feature can disable that
smile.gif
)

ow thank you very much twistfatal, but you tools is missing something so make me edit via hex editor :/ ...

I really like a tabbed GUI than huge GUI like you tools :/

twistedfatal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
suaqua said:
so its been a little bit less than a week since you last spoke of the moveset editor. around what percentage would you say it is at about now since I am eagerly awaiting this tool as the final tool needed to work on my mod. thanks for all of your hard work!
its around 40% done i now have every offset for the pokes its just a matter of adding em in after i have done that i will be adding egg moves and move tutors once i have done everything i will be releasing

QUOTE(andibad @ May 14 2011, 12:43 AM) But i can edit them via HEX editor so i no worry is take long to developed XD yeah and yeah XDDDDDDDD

but twistfatal i have question:
1. you wild pokemon editor will support alternative form? (in code you can just +8 on second byte (is working all, don't worry if is over it will back to deafult form))
2. yeah for swarm pokemon is bit hard than wild pokemon editor.........
3. is can edit on seasonal route?
4. can edit header byte (it will disable, because someone like no wild pokemon on her mod so i think is important feature can disable that
smile.gif
)

ow thank you very much twistfatal, but you tools is missing something so make me edit via hex editor :/ ...

I really like a tabbed GUI than huge GUI like you tools :/
yes the wild pokemon editor will support altenate forms and seasonal routes i have made the wild pokemon editor diffrent to the stats editor so it will support every rom depending on if their in the same location which they should be so theirs no need to edit the header and what are they missing andibad ?

MusharnaFanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, First thank you very much twistedfatal for create this tools for Black/White, help me very much xD.

But i have 2 questions here someone can answers?.I really like yes xD.

1 Questions=>I use for edit in the Narc Files mode, but It is same working editing in Narc or in Hex values (with one hex editor in the case)?. I say really the same work to use both (Narc or hex values)?.

2 Question=>Example I have one Gothita, i wish her learning Hypnosis in the level 25, what file i have extracting for edting in the Narc mode. Example "a/0/1/6" is for stats, egg steps,types.And for she learn moves in level up and change effect/accuracy,which i have extract?.

I hope writing good, because my english is not good, thanks guys.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
1. this tools is based research data on editing HEX value's, the both is work since is not increase size so is safe to modified on narc or ROM itselft. up to you, using this tool or using hex editor if you want it, anyway if you edit on hex editor is more advance and you can manipulate anything, because that tool is not edit all byte so is basic editing and safe for you (is have effect was discover, and some is unknown effect so is not editable on this tools).

2. a/0/1/6 is for basic stat, alternate form stat, some unknown flag, and HM/TM/move tutor move, is not include moveset..... , if you want edit gothita moveset you can go on a/0/1/8, is for moveset, remember on this narc all variable is fixed, is mean if you want more added new moveset you must expand that size, and problem it will crash if you insert them (don't use crystaltile for that!), you can used alphanarc for inserting, is safe for now. and is must edit via hex editor ... format for moveset : XX XX NN MM, XX is for move ID, NN is min level, MM is max range level up. or you repack into new narc file.

MusharnaFanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
andibad said:
1. this tools is based research data on editing HEX value's, the both is work since is not increase size so is safe to modified on narc or ROM itselft. up to you, using this tool or using hex editor if you want it, anyway if you edit on hex editor is more advance and you can manipulate anything, because that tool is not edit all byte so is basic editing and safe for you (is have effect was discover, and some is unknown effect so is not editable on this tools).

2. a/0/1/6 is for basic stat, alternate form stat, some unknown flag, and HM/TM/move tutor move, is not include moveset..... , if you want edit gothita moveset you can go on a/0/1/8, is for moveset, remember on this narc all variable is fixed, is mean if you want more added new moveset you must expand that size, and problem it will crash if you insert them (don't use crystaltile for that!), you can used alphanarc for inserting, is safe for now. and is must edit via hex editor ... format for moveset : XX XX NN MM, XX is for move ID, NN is min level, MM is max range level up. or you repack into new narc file.

Thanks! Andibad for explanation and informations, is very useful for me xD.

You know one good Hex editor and no much complex for use (Yes i am start in edits with hex values and distant for one "master", but ever learning more).

One more question for understand really, sorry i am slowpoke, you say use Narc or Hex for edit any informations about pokemons is the same work in End, right?.

Chronobelias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey after i opened a rom and select a pokemon using the stats editor, it will run the following error

'Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
InvalidArgument=Value of"0"is not valid for "SelectedIndex"'

May i know what went wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don't ask how I know that's in the works lol