.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
That overhaul image is SHITE. Please stick with the wondeful pixel art.
it's just a rough* paint over of what he'd suggest to break up the repetition, if he were to pixel his suggestion it wouldve taken him hours, much quicker to just grab the tablet and do a rough* paint over

*: +10 emphasis
tongue.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I like the repetitive tree shapes as they are, they're cute
happy.gif
Like the thought of shading the tree trunks and darkening the pink stuff as it goes down to the sea but they're really minor points that are somewhat insignificant compared to what you've achieved.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I like what the guy did in the paint over...
the grass in the foreground needs some shading, and I like how the dirt gets darker towards the bottom...the added variation in the trees and the foggy background give the screen a huge boost in atmosphere
happy.gif

I really like the quality of your pixelwork, but the game looks too sterile that way...much like Zelda: The Minish Cap, and I hate the art style of The Minish Cap
frown.gif

can't wait for the second demo, btw
bow.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonderful work .TakaM!
happy.gif

I'm personally wondering what type of music style you're going to use in Twinsen or if the sound development has begun yet... (Saw the 1 minute long Coding demo, is that some BGM that's already implemented in the game?)

.TakaM

.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
QUOTE([M) said:
artin,Jun 30 2007, 01:20 AM]Wonderful work .TakaM!
happy.gif

I'm personally wondering what type of music style you're going to use in Twinsen or if the sound development has begun yet... (Saw the 1 minute long Coding demo, is that some BGM that's already implemented in the game?)
The music, I'm hoping for something similar to the music from the first LBA, except maybe a little bit more consistent and fitting for this game, I have found a musician who I think will join the team once we've finished the next demo and I email him it.
so, most of the sound effects and some of the music are just place holders until we have a musician
wink2.gif

I don't know if any of you have tried checking on my blog, but its been down for a week or so, not a whole lot has been done that I can show off, a new font for all the menus n stuff, custom keys are finally implemented (there won't be joypad support in the demo though, simply too much work) and some of the remaining bugs have been fixed.

still, here's some screens:

oh and, I got one of my friends to play the demo, he hasn't played it before, it took him about half an hour to master the controls, finish every level and find every secret, with a bit of help from me though
tongue.gif

I'm pretty happy with the length, interesting to watch someone play it and figure out the game themselves.. a lot different when you know the AI, you know the controls, you know the level design etc
yaynds.gif

.TakaM

.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
That is impeccable art. Did you work that all up from scratch?

EDIT: Oh, I see this is a PC game. It would be outstanding if you could team up with an NDS dev for this work.
I do have vague plans for it on DS.. but I haven't done anything about it yet, I have had one person wanting to recreate it for PSP.. I'd prefer to have him wait till the game is finished...

maybe the best solution is to create it as a SNES rom.. that way its playable on xbox, ds, psp etc...
I'll look into it when the demo is finished
wink2.gif

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I do have vague plans for it on DS.. but I haven't done anything about it yet, I have had one person wanting to recreate it for PSP.. I'd prefer to have him wait till the game is finished...

maybe the best solution is to create it as a SNES rom.. that way its playable on xbox, ds, psp etc...
I'll look into it when the demo is finishedÂ
wink2.gif

That's a brilliant idea.
bow.gif

EDIT @Retal, the DS can do SNES
wink.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'll look into it when the demo is finishedÂ
wink2.gif

That's a brilliant idea.
bow.gif

EDIT @Retal, the DS can do SNES
wink.gif
Totally agree with that, gonna get me a SNES flash cart soon so would love it.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk