mary1517

OP
Trophies
Website
www.behance.net
XP
Country
Poland
As stupid the title might sound - it's true.
There was a guy in Germany that hacked his 3DS in to displaying fake information about the recent title that he was playing. He then took his 3DS to a Zelda symphony concert and streetpassed a lot of people with that information. What was in it?
His streetpass data said that he was playing Zelda Twilight Princess 3D, and had a link to the e-shop page of that game. Now, of course people started to click the link, just to find out that it was fake and there was nothing like that in the e-shop

BUT

The same people that entered the e-shop via that link are reporting to be BANNED, getting the 002-0102 error code.

Now you can read more about this here or here

Now I'm not posting this only to warn everybody from German to use the mii plaza with cautious for now, but also - what does it tell us is more about the criteria to be banned by Nintendo that were, for now, speculations.

Sorry if there was a thread about this already, I might overlooked it, but I think it's an interesting topic to point out to the public.

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As stupid the title might sound - it's true.
There was a guy in Germany that hacked his 3DS in to displaying fake information about the recent title that he was playing. He then took his 3DS to a Zelda symphony concert and streetpassed a lot of people with that information. What was in it?
His streetpass data said that he was playing Zelda Twilight Princess 3D, and had a link to the e-shop page of that game. Now, of course people started to click the link, just to find out that it was fake and there was nothing like that in the e-shop

BUT

The same people that entered the e-shop via that link are reporting to be BANNED, getting the 002-0102 error code.

Now you can read more about this here or here

Now I'm not posting this only to warn everybody from German to use the mii plaza with cautious for now, but also - what does it tell us is more about the criteria to be banned by Nintendo that were, for now, speculations.

Sorry if there was a thread about this already, I might overlooked it, but I think it's an interesting topic to point out to the public.

psst psst, [user]ChrisX930[/user]

Reactions: nxwing

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh... the 3DS that cried wolf.

ChrisX390's response seems to indicate that GW and Sky3DS users only got banned.

Others say you get flagged for accessing eShop for something that doesn't exist.

While the rumors just got wood for the flames. Twilight Princess 3D in works? Well, maybe not, but now Nintendo knows there's a market... so...

What did we learn? Don't be gullible... if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is. Kind of like Hoopa and Powersaves. You know who uses it because they put it in a cherish-ball.

Another thing select users might know is that any pokemon genned via powersaves and loaded into PKHeX has the original trainer marked as "DATELINC" and you know immediately they're spoofed.

Best bet is to always catch an original and copy the memories section of the pokemon. That's how Nintendo checks. Same goes for ribbons. SELECT ALL is not recommended. Just because you can...

Also, legendaries tend to start at lvl50. And where they are caught is also crucial.

Basically, you must read the serebeii and know EVERYTHING about that pokemon to gen it.

So basically... yeah. Same goes for eShop releases. We can spoof gold pants using GW, so nothing is sacred anymore. That doesn't mean you should flaunt it. Nintendo loves using hammers on nails. So if you stick out... be prepared.

Plasmastar510

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm naming my trainer "DATELINC" next time I play through

Oh man, that's great.

Ralph-Thanks-Satan.gif

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would need to edit your OT/SID for your save to match up with their genned one.

If it can be RNG'ed then nintendo probably won't block that, because theres a 1 in 1000000 chance some kid will name their trainer DATELINC, and another 1 in 2^32 (maybe) chance that they will get the correct TID/SID

D

Deleted-19228

It's a statistical improbability. It will happen but not in anyone's lifetime, assuming people are still SR'ing 100 years from now attempting to accomplish what we are talking about.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TOP LEL.

I saw this news from a Zelda fanpage, saying that maybve the said console with twilight princess 3D was probably from a Nintendo Worker lol.

This is so fun in many ways OMG, Notendo.

If it was staff, they're fired...

As for the DATELINC and pokegenning... sure, you could name your trainer DATELINC. But I could be lying to you. There's more... and I would know.

If you really must know, GEN a pokemon egg using Powersaves. Export your pokemon to a .bin file (using browser method) and open it up in PKHeX. Check the OG trainer and there you have it.

Another thing to note: You can't catch Bulbasaur in ORASXY. So it better not be caught in any of those regions. Do your homework... And certain Legendaries have specific memories. Be very careful of this.

You can't use an egg spoof to gen a Legendary. That does not exist. You -could- spoof any other Pokemon as an egg. But then they'll check ur game at competitions for parents or if transferred.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Guys,

I don't think that users can be banned for visiting this non-existing eshop-page.
I tried this on three different 3DS Consoles with diferent NNIDs. None of them got banned.
None of my friends got banned, too.

I know that the one who got banned is a User of a 3DS Gateway Flashcard.
Possibly he used his Flashcard online or had his Flashcard inserted while he was in the Nintendo Zone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?