Gaming TWEWY Sequel still possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why does everyone keep saying that Shiki dyed/grew her hair?? her entry fee was her "identity" so this could be her true self after the reaper games as the reapers changed her appearance to that of her close friend she wanted to be like. if that pic is a clue to the sequel, one of two things, the sequel is a prequel, and it shows the happenings before neku awoke in shibuya in the reaper game, or it is a true sequel that starts from when the gang meets back up at the hachiko statue.
They show Shiki's true appearance in TWEWY, she's not blond.

yes, I remember that, they had her black headed, but still things can change as they probably weren't decided on her appearance. kinda like how they do a silhouette of someone. but still the point remains that her appearance was altered in the reaper games.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why does everyone keep saying that Shiki dyed/grew her hair?? her entry fee was her "identity" so this could be her true self after the reaper games as the reapers changed her appearance to that of her close friend she wanted to be like. if that pic is a clue to the sequel, one of two things, the sequel is a prequel, and it shows the happenings before neku awoke in shibuya in the reaper game, or it is a true sequel that starts from when the gang meets back up at the hachiko statue.
They show Shiki's true appearance in TWEWY, she's not blond.

yes, I remember that, they had her black headed, but still things can change as they probably weren't decided on her appearance. kinda like how they do a silhouette of someone. but still the point remains that her appearance was altered in the reaper games.
They show what she looked like before the events of the game, as well. More than once, if I remember correctly.

tk615

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow. Just check the video out and I must say. Hope they really do bring it out ! I can't wait to hear more news from square-enix themselves.

Ultimabuster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow. Just check the video out and I must say. Hope they really do bring it out ! I can't wait to hear more news from square-enix themselves.
There's a post on their twitter somewhere confirming the validity of the pic. I'll put it in the original post in a min.

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They show Shiki's true appearance several times in TWEWY, she's not blond and her hair's not long.
All video game characters have to be memorable or have a unique appearance, especially in Square Enix games. They might have changed her appearance because the real Shiki didn't have anything special about her.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They show Shiki's true appearance several times in TWEWY, she's not blond and her hair's not long.
All video game characters have to be memorable or have a unique appearance, especially in Square Enix games. They might have changed her appearance because the real Shiki didn't have anything special about her.
But her plainness was the epitome of her character arc (literally, the first 7 days were based around that), I'm not saying it's not her, but it probably isn't the TWEWY1 Shiki.

It could be her daughter.

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[member='machomuu']
oh shitz..... you're right. It has been too long since I've played the game. I just went back and now I see. thanks for clearing that up =) now I feel totally slow lol

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww shit, I don't want a sequel in the same damn city, with the same damn characters, in fact I would rather they make it FF style, where the characters change but the main plot point (in this case the reapers game) changes. Square owes us atleast one goddamn squel that doesn't feel like they are just milking it by making stupid one dimensional characters who are going for shallow and generic goals (like the shit JUMP pulled where all the characters wanted "To be the greatest in the world!" at something.) with confusing and uneeded twists that don't improve the story in anyway shape or form. If they are going to pull this Kindgom Hearts shit in another series then they might as well just not make a sequel at all.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^There's always the chance that they just used the 104 building to get a point across. If Shibuya's in it at all, you'll most likely be able to go to other prefectures and cities as well, and if the characters are in it (which, so far, there's little sign of), they'll almost definitely be different versions.

This is all just speculation, but they didn't put all of that postgame content there for lasting appeal.

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But her plainness was the epitome of her character arc (literally, the first 7 days were based around that), I'm not saying it's not her, but it probably isn't the TWEWY1 Shiki.

It could be her daughter.
Maybe. It might me one from a parallel world and it could discuss that. I think in a secret report in Another Day, it mentions the Joshua escaped to a different dimension so yeah...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^You should probably spoiler that, the reason I've been rather vague about my mention of the other dimensions is because obtaining the knowledge of them is kind of a spoiler. But that is what I was refering to when I said "but it probably isn't the TWEWY1 Shiki"

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^You should probably spoiler that, the reason I've been rather vague about my mention of the other dimensions is because obtaining the knowledge of them is kind of a spoiler. But that is what I was refering to when I said "but it probably isn't the TWEWY1 Shiki"
Ohhh I thought you meant her daughter.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhh I thought you meant her daughter.
I put that part on a different line to try to emphasize a different theory (though I guess I didn't make it clear enough).

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^There's always the chance that they just used the 104 building to get a point across. If Shibuya's in it at all, you'll most likely be able to go to other prefectures and cities as well, and if the characters are in it (which, so far, there's little sign of), they'll almost definitely be different versions.

This is all just speculation, but they didn't put all of that postgame content there for lasting appeal.

I hope your right, but looking at pretty much everyother square franchise it looks like their going to pull the usual milking spree, to be honest, I would rather just live with cameos and maybe a Dissidia appearance for Neku then a sequel which will change this from an amazing one-hit wonder to a whored out franchise.

Oh, but a final mix or remake on the 3DS does seem cool, since TWEWY definitely used as many DS features as it could. A prequal also seems good but I'm sketchy about a flat-out sequel even if its wildly different.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait wait wait wait wait. Is it possible that is her best friend, Eri?
That...actually makes quite a bit of sense. It would explain why she has a Mr.Mew, as well as why she seems to be wearing those niche, fashion clothes (possibly made by Shiki). Then there's the headphones, which...I'm not so sure about yet, but it's not unlikely that Eri grew her hair out and dyed it. That said, we don't actually know much about Eri, and the headphones do make me wonder if it's an existing character at all, reason being that, in Neku's case, the headphones represented isolation and the music represented the variation and the diverity of the world that he was left out of due to his repulsion of the thousands upon thousands of other worlds, the worlds that made Shibuya so unique. My point being, I think they are there to raise some type of point and what we know of Eri seems to suggest that she is comfortable with herself, though there is the chance that it's a false front and, say, she is only comforted when around Shiki, thus, she wears the headphones to create a false comfort that is provided when Shiki isn't around (though that's just a possible scenario). One could also take the fact that her hand is over her mouth to have some type of meaning.

Another possible theory is that that is another version of Neku, which I could see. It's not that big of a stretch for Nomura.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30