TV shows you gave up on -2013 edition

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game of Thrones and Spartacus.

Game of Thrones just bored me. I enjoyed season one but barely finished 2 episodes of season 2.
I thoroughly enjoyed the first season of Spartacus and Gods of the Arena. I just can't get into it since Andy Whitfield passed away. This new guy just isn't Spartacus for me...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the plus side, Community returns this week. A bit weary since Dan Harmon is off the show and Chevy Chase left (well he filmed most of the episodes but he'll be gone before season's end) but I'm optimistic.

On the downside, The Walking Dead returns so I can continually complain about the, to use a term from Gahars, fecal waterslide it has been riding.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Hearing about the new season, I decided to check out Arrested Development and that show had the blandest form of humour I've ever experienced, gave it up after a few episodes.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hearing about the new season, I decided to check out Arrested Development and that show had the blandest form of humour I've ever experienced, gave it up after a few episodes.

WB6Qc.gif

Does it hurt to be so wrong?

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fringe - Never got past the first few eps.

Walking Dead - Gave up halfway through the first season

Always Sunny in Philidelphia - Loved the first seasons, then haven't been able to get back into it

ER - Gave up when everybody started leaving, the last straw was all those horrible Africa episodes. I think that was like season 7 of the 13.

South Park - watched all the original ones in the 90s, hen stopped watching it again until recently

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Always Sunny in Philidelphia - Loved the first seasons, then haven't been able to get back into it

ER - Gave up when everybody started leaving, the last straw was all those horrible Africa episodes. I think that was like season 7 of the 13.

South Park - watched all the original ones in the 90s, hen stopped watching it again until recently

On It's Always Sunny, the first season isn't bad but the show's quality gets a lot better when Danny DeVito joins the cast.

South Park, I can't say I'd ever give up on the show because while it is hit and miss, it has such quantity to it and I have a lot of respect for the effort behind it. Plus some episodes are purely brilliant.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

C
On It's Always Sunny, the first season isn't bad but the show's quality gets a lot better when Danny DeVito joins the cast.

South Park, I can't say I'd ever give up on the show because while it is hit and miss, it has such quantity to it and I have a lot of respect for the effort behind it. Plus some episodes are purely brilliant.

Yeah, I have to say the current season has been preatty funny for the most part (cash for gold, Halloween one, and honey boo boo in particular ). I fell out after the movie because it just wasn't connecting with me for a while. I might watch some of the older seasons on netflix though.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon is my #1 failed tv show (unless they do a 2nd anime like the animated trailer for b2/w2 now THAT would be awsome) and the Yugioh Zexal (got out of the TCG later part of 5Ds)

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Game of Thrones and Spartacus.

Game of Thrones just bored me. I enjoyed season one but barely finished 2 episodes of season 2.
I thoroughly enjoyed the first season of Spartacus and Gods of the Arena. I just can't get into it since Andy Whitfield passed away. This new guy just isn't Spartacus for me...
Ive forgotten what th old spartacus even looked like, the new guy is pretty good in Season 3

Mijzelffan

Blink
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Simpsons, Family Guy and The office (US) are examples of shows I used to love but gave up later on because of decreased quality.

As for a show I watched a few episodes but just couldn't get into, Adventure Time is the only thing that comes to mind. Unpopular opinion, I know.

Helpful Corn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen a ton of people bitching about the office and it's always sunny lately and I just don't see where the criticism is coming from, both shows most recent seasons while not revolutionary were at the very least a return to form from a lull in the previous season. Both shows still have all the same qualities that made them great and I just really don't know where all the hate is coming from.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gave on Death Note, pretentious garbage. I struggled with How I Met Your Mother, watched to the end of season one - maybe some day I'll continue.

Hrm, I think that's about it. I almost gave up on Sliders, wish I did. Last few seasons were awful.

Oh, and HEROES! Started so awesomely but turned into garbage so quickly. I stuck with it longer than should have, end of season 3. Maybe one day I'll back, when I have nothing else to watch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1