TV Show King and Parental Controls

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by jhoff80, Jul 23, 2008.

Jul 23, 2008
  1. jhoff80
    OP

Member jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Okay, so I have parental controls turned on in my Wii. I have everything set to allow (including allowing all game content) except for spending nintendo points, which is blocked.

I just put TV Show King onto my Wii, and for some reason, it asks me for my PIN every time I try and start the game. Has anyone else seen this before? Is there any way to fix this?

I'm on firmware 3.3U.

2. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    Unless there are any settings in game, The only solution is to turn off parental controls.

It is probably because the wii links Wiiware and spending points.

Unless other wiiware games run fine... in which case it's TV Show King's fault...

3. jhoff80
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I have 3 other Wiiware games I bought and one WAD I tried (and promptly uninstalled after a minute of seeing how the manager works) that all worked fine without coming up with a parental controls "Enter PIN" screen.

4. Lookie401

Member Lookie401 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm on the same boat as you. The only reason I could think of why it ask for a PIN because for some (odd) reason the rating (ESRB) of the game isn't/wasn't included in the wad.

The same thing happen when I start up Band Brothers DX Speaker Channel (because Japan use CERO while North America use ESRB for rating; NTSC-U Wii won't know what to do with the CERO rating in this case).

5. jhoff80
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I ended up just giving up and turning off the parental controls entirely.