jhoff80

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I have parental controls turned on in my Wii. I have everything set to allow (including allowing all game content) except for spending nintendo points, which is blocked.

I just put TV Show King onto my Wii, and for some reason, it asks me for my PIN every time I try and start the game. Has anyone else seen this before? Is there any way to fix this?

I'm on firmware 3.3U.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unless there are any settings in game, The only solution is to turn off parental controls.

It is probably because the wii links Wiiware and spending points.

Unless other wiiware games run fine... in which case it's TV Show King's fault...

jhoff80

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joey90 said:
Unless there are any settings in game, The only solution is to turn off parental controls.

It is probably because the wii links Wiiware and spending points.

Unless other wiiware games run fine... in which case it's TV Show King's fault...

Yeah, I have 3 other Wiiware games I bought and one WAD I tried (and promptly uninstalled after a minute of seeing how the manager works) that all worked fine without coming up with a parental controls "Enter PIN" screen.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the same boat as you. The only reason I could think of why it ask for a PIN because for some (odd) reason the rating (ESRB) of the game isn't/wasn't included in the wad.

The same thing happen when I start up Band Brothers DX Speaker Channel (because Japan use CERO while North America use ESRB for rating; NTSC-U Wii won't know what to do with the CERO rating in this case).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small