Hardware TV-issue - black border on one side?!

siliconmessiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have run into an issue. Well, as it is not particularily disturbing, it´s still pretty weird.

Here´s the deal:
I run a PAL-system on a 42-inch LCD-TV. Everything works perfect, and I get full wide-screen compatibility in Wii-system-menu as well as in Wii-Flow. All games work like charm, PAL as NTSC.
But everytime I start game in Wii-flow, i get a black border on the left part of the picture, only on one side, for the duration of the whole game. This thing happens even if the game is PAL or NTSC. Anyone know what it might be? As I quit the game and return to wiiflow, everything returns to normal.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure the aspect settings are correct on the main wii settings and you can also set the screen offset (left/right) adjustments there too.

Also, just try a different loader and see if the same thing happens.

siliconmessiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Naw, it was my TV & the room light that made an illusion-prank on me. There clearly are two small borders on each side on my widescreen TV when I play NTSC as well as PAL games.

And now for another question: when I play Resident Evil Archives - Resident Evil (NTSC-version on my PAL wii), these borders become a major problem. They are friggin huge, like in no other game. Like 4:3 on my widescreen or something...=/

Anyone?

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do the above and set the aspect ratio to 16:9 and it should get rid of the black bars. also check if your tv has a zoom setting. set it to wide if it does.

siliconmessiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Everything is set to widescreen correctly as it should be, and everything runs in widescreen until I run a game, either if it´s PAL or NTSC. I might try another loader, but I don´t have another installed right now. Does not disturb me too much anyway.

I don´t know if it´s any setting I could do in WiiFlow when I run games?
But as I said, Resident Evil Archive - Resident Evil (NTSC) has two BIG borders on the sides. Not like any game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily