Caoimhin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I don't know how, but my sister managed to get the TV audio into my PC speakers. I have a PC>TV cable, so I can watch movies from my PC on my TV.. It's like magic. Hearing the audio here with my television off. And no video. Man, that's great. I didn't even know you could do something like that
laugh.gif

P.S. Sorry for my English
shy.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was that a question you wanted answered?
A fair few TVs have either line in or phono in ports (if not check your VCR/DVD), they are designed for home video mainly but also double as a prety good sound in for HiFi systems and your PC. Other than that you can use a scart adaptor (I am sure everyone who has played a console in the last 7 years will have seen one)

3.5mm to phono:
pga3402.jpg

Either way it is really nice to watch films through the TV (if only because Tvs are fairly low res and consequently do not need upscaling), pick up an emulator or two for some really good fun.

lcddream

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
www.byopvr.com

A site dedicated to providing information about turning your pc into a homegrown media center. Basically building your own digital video recorder ...and a whole lot more....

I built an HTPC (home theatre pc)and i couldn't see using regular cable without it anymore. I have all my movies(xvid, dvd etc), photos, music plus it records tv show while I'm out and it can automatically detect commercials.

Anyway it's nothing new, but I'm sure some of you aren't familiar with it.

Caoimhin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I just wanted to tell you what she did and how funny it was to suddenly hear my TV in the speakers.

And by the way.. For what purpose do I have a blue female jack in my audio card? The green one is for speakers, the red/pink one is for the microphone. But blue?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's an audio-only analog input, with less gain than the microphone jack. You use it to connect audio sources (CD player, mix table, stuff like that) to your PC, for recording purposes, or just to use your PC speakers to listen to the source you plug into the line-in. You can use a male-to-male headphone jack to connect your mp3 player to it, for example.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Dont forget your meds.