TV in PC speakers

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Caoimhin, Mar 11, 2007.

Mar 11, 2007

TV in PC speakers by Caoimhin at 3:30 PM (837 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Caoimhin
    OP

Member Caoimhin GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    I don't know how, but my sister managed to get the TV audio into my PC speakers. I have a PC>TV cable, so I can watch movies from my PC on my TV.. It's like magic. Hearing the audio here with my television off. And no video. Man, that's great. I didn't even know you could do something like that [​IMG]

P.S. Sorry for my English [​IMG]

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Was that a question you wanted answered?
    A fair few TVs have either line in or phono in ports (if not check your VCR/DVD), they are designed for home video mainly but also double as a prety good sound in for HiFi systems and your PC. Other than that you can use a scart adaptor (I am sure everyone who has played a console in the last 7 years will have seen one)

3.5mm to phono:
    [​IMG]

Either way it is really nice to watch films through the TV (if only because Tvs are fairly low res and consequently do not need upscaling), pick up an emulator or two for some really good fun.

3. lcddream

Newcomer lcddream Advanced Member

United States
    www.byopvr.com

A site dedicated to providing information about turning your pc into a homegrown media center. Basically building your own digital video recorder ...and a whole lot more....

I built an HTPC (home theatre pc)and i couldn't see using regular cable without it anymore. I have all my movies(xvid, dvd etc), photos, music plus it records tv show while I'm out and it can automatically detect commercials.

Anyway it's nothing new, but I'm sure some of you aren't familiar with it.

4. Caoimhin
    OP

Poland
    I just wanted to tell you what she did and how funny it was to suddenly hear my TV in the speakers.

And by the way.. For what purpose do I have a blue female jack in my audio card? The green one is for speakers, the red/pink one is for the microphone. But blue?

5. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    Line-in.

6. Caoimhin
    OP

Poland
    Oookaaaay... And what does that mean? [​IMG] [​IMG] Plllleeease explain it to me..

7. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    It's an audio-only analog input, with less gain than the microphone jack. You use it to connect audio sources (CD player, mix table, stuff like that) to your PC, for recording purposes, or just to use your PC speakers to listen to the source you plug into the line-in. You can use a male-to-male headphone jack to connect your mp3 player to it, for example.

8. Caoimhin
    OP

Poland
    Oh, cool. Thanks [​IMG]