TV Cord Help?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by heliopause, Jul 4, 2017.

1. heliopause
    OP

heliopause Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    United States
    My brother let me borrow his Wii U for Breath of the Wild (Which thankfully runs without a tv) but the HDMI cord he gave me doesn't seem right.
    http://imgur.com/N8JopQQ
    http://imgur.com/Fy4Xars

Is it possible that I could use a non nintedo cord if thid cord isn't correct or do I need the real cord?

2. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    lol that's the charger for the gamepad

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Any hdmi cable will be fine

peteruk likes this.
  3. heliopause
    OP

heliopause Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    United States
    No its not, the other end is a HDMI (The square one) and it doesn't plug into the gamepad. Besides I already got the gamepad charger in and charging.

4. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    Dude, it IS the charger for the gamepad. The gamepad doesn't connect directly to the tv... unless you're charging it via a USB cable.
    See the symbol embossed on the cable in your first pic? That's the symbol for USB, not HDMI.

Columbo2811 likes this.
  5. sirrokr

sirrokr Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2007
    United States
    That is not the charger for the gamepad. It is just a standard Mini-USB type B cord. The only thing that cord is used for on a WiiU is to charge the Pro Controller. It is not HDMI, it does not fit the gamepad.

6. heliopause
    OP

heliopause Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    United States
    I can assure you that it does not fit into to any holes in that gamepad, unless I jam it in violently its not going to fit. I know the gamepad does not connect to the TV, it connects via the HDMI out on the back of the console. I am wondering if any old hdmi cable is going to work or I have to get the real one from my brother

7. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    There is no HDMI out from the gamepad.
    Pretty sure any standard (ie, non mini) hdmi cable will work with the console.

Last edited by duwen, Jul 4, 2017
  8. Columbo2811

Jul 19, 2015
    The controller is wireless it does not connect to the console.

peteruk likes this.
  9. sirrokr

sirrokr Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2007
    United States
    Any HDMI cord will be fine. I have multiple set up so I can move my WiiU between tvs.

10. Columbo2811

Jul 19, 2015
    Connect any hdmi from the console to your tv.

peteruk likes this.
  11. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    I laughed more than i should, thats a charger for the pro controller, called USB MINI, [the ones before micro, aka phone chargers], the Gamepad does not have a HDMI OUTPUT, and the standard should be HDMI to HDMI, that its located on the back of the wii u.

12. heliopause
    OP

heliopause Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    United States
    Thanks for actually being clear. I know the gamepad was not going to be connected to the TV, I'm not a complete fool. I was mostly wondering if I could use any HDMI cord.