1. koyuki_kun

koyuki_kun Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Hi, this method work if I try to use Gateway in the latest fw support un emunand AND the sysnand for luma ?
    Now I have my 3ds with Gateway but i want to install luma AND with luma enter to my emunand un Gateway .

Regards

Enviado desde mi SM-N9600 mediante Tapatalk

2. mikefor20

mikefor20 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

Gateway will not work on the newest firware in EmuNAND and can brick your SysNAND. Gateways last fully compatible firmware is 11.2... People update 3 or 4 files in the EmuNAND firmware to 11.6 (AKA Frankernfirmware) to get Gateway playing a few extra titles but this is not really worth the effort. Use Gateway in a 11.2 EmuNAND and play the few incompatible games in Luma SysNAND.. I personally recommend going mostly Luma and putting all your favorite games in SysNAND and only using your Gateway for extra storage and games you don't play but might want to someday....

3. k7ra

k7ra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Use last supported fw for GW and not update it. Install luma and you have both, all games that I try work. Online play with spoof work

What is this games?
    Never met them...

Last edited by k7ra, Dec 21, 2019
    SonGoku78 likes this.
  4. JamieL

JamieL Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Does anyone have a link to a working download for the gateway files you need for this method? Their site has disappeared and I can't seem to find arm9loaderhax.bin.zip.

5. wawnord

wawnord Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    So, after a long time away from my N3DS i updated from A9LH to B9S including Luma to 10.01 and the SYSNAND to the latest 11.13.
    My EMUNAND is further on 11.2
    But my Gateway wont boot in EMunand now, there is no GW Splashscreen when i press Dpad down any more.
    What i've forgotten or what i'm doing wrong?

6. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Weird... I could swear I replied last night, but now it's not here, and I have no notification that my post was deleted and I have no warning. I guess I'll try again.

This tutorial is too long. Assuming your default payload is Luma, and you don't have a payload set to "down" (change it if you do), simply extract the attached .zip to the root of your card. Now just hold "down" while you first hit your power button, and let go of it when you see the bootCTR screen. Done. On rare occasion, GW won't fully boot to the home screen and you'll just have to force a power off and do it again. I've never had to try more than twice. It seems a bit slow, so wait at least 30 seconds before you decide that it got stuck.

I've been using this setup for years and I'm on B9S. At some point, Luma stopped being able to boot the Gateway.firm directly, but BootCTR9 works. I haven't tried on fastboot3ds.

Attached Files:

• GW.zip
      File size:
      66.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by urherenow, Feb 23, 2020
  7. Theone5000

Theone5000 Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Is this tutorial both methods work. Botting up Gateway is not the problem when pressing down. However... When I boot up Gateway it gives me this wonderfull message:

Code:
    You want to boot GW FASTBOOT: SYSNAND?
    Press L+R+SELECT to continue.

Press (B) to go back.
    Pressing B will do nothing.. Well obviously you don't want to goot GW Fastboot or you will lose your current setup (if I understand correctly).

Is there (years later) now fix available for the firmware i'm using:

SysNAND: 11.13.0-45E
    Luma3DS: v10.0.1
    GodMode9: v1.9.1
    Boot9strap (B9S): 1.3

I believe my GW firmware is: GW3D 11.6.0-39E

[​IMG]

Last edited by Theone5000, Apr 18, 2020
    xstationbr likes this.
  8. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    at this point. gateway is useless. its likely best to grab what saves ya want and just fitch gateway.

9. urherenow

United States
    No. GW only works up to 11.2. You can have 11.13 sysnand and boot 11.2 emunand (or 11.2 sysnand and use 11.13 for your emunand with Luma, even). 11.6 will never work, because the GW software will never be updated again. It's really only useful for the cheat engine now. And, I guess any game carts that work (if you really need more space for more games).

at any rate, I don't think you're using the correct files. You should see nothing about Fastboot. GW fastboot was an a9lh thing...

Last edited by urherenow, Apr 18, 2020
  10. Theone5000

Theone5000 Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I am aware of that. I have Luma 3DS running and all, but the question was if there is a solution. Just for the sake of it. :)

I don't need to update GW. It was working on 11.6 before I started using Luma. And I agree that Luma is better.I only have not found a solution to install multiple Pkmn CIA's. The EUR and US version overwrites and I want different versions. On Gateway this was wayyyy better. I had to just have a .3ds version and that's it. It could have 4 different pokemon versions next to eachother and create saves. On Luma the CIA overwrites it. If you know how to avoid this I don't need Gateway and can ditch it. :)

11. urherenow

United States
    Only way possible to work on 11.6 is by using a franken-firmware, so your emunand was all jumbled to begin with. I guess you could try avoiding it by decrypting and editing the .cia dumps to use different product IDs. Can’t promise saves will work after doing so though...

12. lazyguy

lazyguy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Been out of the 3ds scene for 3 or 4 years.

I'm wondering where I left off:
    The last thing I've done with my n3ds (if I remember correctly) is gateway had some experimental hack where you it can inject code to one of the system apps to launch the hack.
    Then it would install exploit during bootup where I hold L-trigger during power on and it will boot to homebrew launcher. My homebrew launcher is 1.1.0.
    From the homebrew launcher, I can launch the gateway app and into gateway emunand cfw. (My system is on 9.2 and emunand is on 11.2)

I'm wondering how the gateway modifcations on sysnand affects potentially upgrading my system.

I've done a bit of reading and it seems like emunand is obsolete now.
    The current latest fw is 11.13, how much am I missing between cfw and going from 11.2 -> 11.13. The only feature I've read so far that interests me is applying 60fps cheats.

Anyways, I would like the best of both worlds approach (cfw and gateway) and I don't care to be on latest firmware or anything.
    Where do I go from here if I'm set on continuing gateway.

13. SJWPURITAN

SJWPURITAN Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I don't have my hands on a gateway card yet (soon I will).

Is it possible to test this without Gateway, or will I need it the card? I am using Emunand 11.2.

I have everything in place but when I try to boot the BootCTR payload, I get the error below then the ds shuts down:

[PANIC] Failed to load the [DEFAULT] se
    Press any key to shutdown
    [DEBUG] shutdown

I did as instructed and modified the ini file to only have the following:

Code:
    [BOOTCTR9]
    key_delay = 1000

[DEFAULT]
    path = /luma/payloads/v2gw.bin

14. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    Out of curiosity, why is it you're getting a GW?

15. SJWPURITAN

SJWPURITAN Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Imagine coming home from a long and arduous day of work to see a notification that represents a reply to the asked question, getting excited to read a solution, then finding that the reply offers zero help.
    That's literally how I felt after reading your post.

16. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    Your not going to get a lot of help regarding gw. esp when you just yap something redundant like that. Its best to either say what youre doing so actual help can be applied. or just stay quiet and move on with it.

TurdPooCharger and gnmmarechal like this.
  17. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    Cool. I'm not obligated to offer any help, and I would say I was fairly polite, as I legitimately am curious as to why you'd want a Gateway and could perhaps show you alternatives that would not require buying one depending on what you meant to use it for. But you want to act like that? Alright then. Have fun.

18. rickson

rickson Newbie
    Newcomer

with the following title setup, does it mean the luma sysnand can have the latest firmware 11.13+ and emunand on 11.2, for the gateway to work in harmony?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Luma3DS, Gateway