Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone managed to get the USA version of SSBB to work on a Japanese Wii?

I was wondering what method is to be done to get this working? Do I use Trucha method or another way?

Thanks.

elitenoobboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea what could be causing a "could not open file" error when I try opening super smash bros brawl? It's not scrubbed as its at 8 gigs.

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I wish to thank IBNobody for the wonderful script. I do however had a hard time without the right key.bin. Nonetheless, everything else was great! I managed to change the language from japanese to english for my SMG-J. Thanks a million!

P.S How to I upload a picture file from my comp? It seems I have to enter a URL for any image?

tnktt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IBNobody said:
*** REPLACING FILES ON ISO ***

This section assumes you now know how to navigate through Trucha Signer.

27. Create a backup copy of the ISO you want to edit.

28. Navigate to the file you want to replace.

29. Right-click on the file and select "Replace".

30. In the popup window, select a file that is EQUAL IN SIZE OR SMALLER.

31. If the replacement was successful, you will see a popup message. (Trucha v0.2 had a bug that wouldn't replace the file and wouldn't pop up a message.)

32. After you have replaced all the files you want, right click on the PARTITION that you edited.

33. Select "Trucha Sign".

34. Your edited ISO has now been signed and is now ready to burn!

can anyone help me out please, i'm working on the SSBB iso and managed to get through 1-26 but got stuck at 28, the part that replacing files on the ISO, i don't know which files to replace? the wad files? can you be more specific, thanks for your help!

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to just figure out the basics. If you want to change something in a game such as music or dialogue, then you need to replace the header, the checksums and check-whatevers? If you want to play home brew as a game dvd, you need to package it?

I am concerned about a translation patch for Tales of Symphonia 2. It seems as though some patches work on the iso as whole and some patches work on a piece of the iso and then require "re- signing."

raykoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
trying to make a boot dvd for VC files,also got to the section

*** REPLACING FILES ON ISO ***

but have no idea how to proceed from here - 28. Navigate to the file you want to replace. what file?

blu9987

Trophies
Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
pardon me if i seem.... stupid?
But what does a Trucha Signer Do.... i hear it referenced all over and I WOULD make one, but I have no idea what its used for...

If it was mentioned in the past 10 pages my apologies, the only thing I KINDA retained was that it replaces files in wii isos.... but what would you need to replace?

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
One of the files I often replace is the main.dol from the 2nd partition.

1) Extract the main.dol first
2) Apply WGLP (Wii Game Language Patcher) to the extracted main.dol
3) Replace the original main.dol in the ISO with the modified one

It all depends on what you need to modify in the ISO.

keg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dack said:
It can't open it due to the third partition on there

i have a problem too. mario kart is the first game im trying to rid the 001 error and when i go to open the iso in trucha signer it comes up with trucha.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. the same msg that has the microsoft send error report/dont send at the bottom.

it opens up other iso's i have ok but crashes when i load this. the iso is untouched and worked fine on my mates wii but he doesnt get the error.
its 4.4gig in size.

any ideas? i just want to play the game!

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
I would suggest a search of the forums for "mario kart 001 error". This has been discussed *many* times.

keg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i have a few questions. but first - sorry. im in the middle of it all now, i shoulda read more b4 i posted the last annoying post. i pretty much have it all sorted.
the only thing im unsure about is now im up to step 28 replacing the files. which files do i need to replace?
as far as im aware i have only pulled out some keys from the .des files. which edited wiikeyset.reg
how will this remove the -001 error im getting??

or do all i have to do is just remove the main.dol file so i can patch it with generic wii patcher then replace it using trucha.
and which one will i need to modify. partition 1, 2, either or both?

also for some of the other guys who are learning. i thought key.bin was a special file needed. u dont actually need this file. all u need is the number it contains. and istead of opening it in step 4, just replace the common line of 00,00,00 etc with the number u find into step 5.

appreciate the help guys.

ozl

Wii4everybody
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wii4everybody.com
XP
Country
Mexico
kallekall said:
I'm using Vista, and Turcha Signer freezes every time I try to open a ISO. Have tried to disable antivirus and also running in compability mode but it still crash every time. Have inserted the right key. If i use the wrong key I just get the error message "Error decrypting data". But if I have the right key enterd the whole program crash.

Is Turcha Signer not vista compatible, or am I the only one with this problem?

For my experience, Trucha signer works on Vista but for some reason (also on XP) when i tried to open an ISO from Nintendo only, it didnt work and crashed, but when i Scrubbed that ISO trucha signer was able to open it with out any problems!
hope it helps you all!

uron1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok think i have the key but some games i can open in trucha and some i can't? The games i cannot open in trucha give me the error001 screen have i got the right key or do i need to look futher.

Please help!

Scrap that got it sorted at last

osiris86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the dumb question but I made it all the way to the final steps and now i'm confused. What files am I supposed to replace?

I have reread everything many times, perhaps I just overlooked something. Please respond ASAP.

diamondback

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
A quick question here. How can I tell if an iso/game contains update? When I open an iso, where should I look into to find if this game contains an update? Some iso that we download might already be update-removed. The update might not happen when we play these no-update games. Thanks.

Kor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I replace files on the root of the game partition. Files like tmd.bin and ticket.bin. I can extract them fine but not replace them. Anyone know why this is?

keg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once u have edited wiikeyset.reg do u have to do it again for every game? wouldnt the key just be the same anywyas?

HIMFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could somebody just tell me a game that actually contains the RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v193.wad file. Or even just tell me where to download it from, or give it to me. Some way so that I can get ahold of it instead of downloading game after game of stuff that I won't play. Cause I've downloaded multiple games that do not have it, and if I have to have it, I'd like to have it
smile.gif
All that I keep finding is the Boot2 file instead. And I have an NTSC Wii, idk if it matters what games that file comes out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol