Hacking [TUTORIAL] Trucha Signer Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
after a couple of hours i now think i have a key.. added it using ultraedit now i get trucha signer saying "can not open file"

if anyone can help it'd be most appreciated even if by pm.

Frankdj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The common key line you have to replace has 32 characters (16 duos) in this example in the first post. But mine key.bin has 17 of thos duo characters? Is this correct?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Frankdj said:
The common key line you have to replace has 32 characters (16 duos) in this example in the first post. But mine key.bin has 17 of thos duo characters? Is this correct?

No that's not correct. It's only 16 duos.

mojario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm starting to think i dont have the right key.. if anyone would be kind enough to pm i'd appreciate it
smile.gif

klufs2004

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys, im working on a GH3 with custom songs and im up to the step on putting them onto the iso using trucha. When i test the files before they go on i can hear that they are the custom songs, then i open up trucha, open the iso, find the file i need to replace and click replace. I get the message saying successfully replaced. After ive replaced the required files i sign the partition, and it says signing success or whatever and then i close the iso. But when i reopen the iso and extract the modified files i hear that its the normal song :@ does anyone know why its not saving properly?? am i missing a step?? cheers for the help!

splattered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to remove the disc protection on SSBB, what do i do since it has two partitions with a main.dol file on each one?

*confused*

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
klufs2004 said:
hey guys, im working on a GH3 with custom songs and im up to the step on putting them onto the iso using trucha. When i test the files before they go on i can hear that they are the custom songs, then i open up trucha, open the iso, find the file i need to replace and click replace. I get the message saying successfully replaced. After ive replaced the required files i sign the partition, and it says signing success or whatever and then i close the iso. But when i reopen the iso and extract the modified files i hear that its the normal song :@ does anyone know why its not saving properly?? am i missing a step?? cheers for the help!

I'll assume you are using DATEdit to play/replace the songs? You need to save your changes after replacing in that utility. Check scorehero.com for the latest on GHIII modding.

emoo55

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
OMG! please help! I just downloaded manhunt 2 to edit it and I edit it and everything I closed the iso with Trucha Singer and didnt sign it. Now it wont burn? And Now I realized I had to sign it. SO I did. still no work. But then I heard I had to use unscrambler No Work Still! what am I doing wrong?

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
emoo55 said:
OMG! please help! I just downloaded manhunt 2 to edit it and I edit it and everything I closed the iso with Trucha Singer and didnt sign it. Now it wont burn? And Now I realized I had to sign it. SO I did. still no work. But then I heard I had to use unscrambler No Work Still! what am I doing wrong?

Hi dude
wink.gif
try the noobish way.
Just saw that it was released "patched" at Johs GC tracker. take a look http://gctracker.mine.nu:800/torrents-details.php?id=6468

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
I know this may be the wrong thread for this question.
Anyone here knows if theres any progress in hacking the virtual console?
I wanna play SMB: the lost levels (FDS version) through the VC, but its not available anymore at the european VC store since 1st october. ( the only EU VC game that was limited
frown.gif
)
I have the D2ckey chip in my wii.

problues99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case no one noted this,

Sometimes you may get an error in DesWad:
I/O Error 123

This occurs if you convert one wad to des, then try to do another. the way to get around this is to convert the first file, close DesWad, then re-open it and convert the second file.

i didn't read the 9 pages, but i came across this error and found a quick work around, thought i would share.

problues99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running into a problem with Trucha where it cannot open any ISOs that i have. however it is able to open a select few number of backups that i have burned including SMG and GH3. (it will read the backup disk but not the iso). any thoughts on this?

HyperShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
Any progress on getting Trauma Centere New Blood to open with Trucha?

I have a PAL wii and using Freeloader, the game works, but since my TV doesn't fully support NTSC i get a b&w picture.
Using VMC NTSC2PAL should fix it, right?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to add files that are bigger than the original?

I would assume the only way to do this is to completely rebuild the ISO from scratch.

Is there a way to do this?

Fanck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When a game got only IOS21[...].wad but no RVL-WiiSystemmenu[...].wad, how can it be patched?

Even if the source where you get those 2 files doesn't matter for the game your patching, Trucha can replace a file that already exists, but if all the .wad that exists are the IOS and BOOT[...].wad? How to "inject" the missing RVL[...].wad?

I miss something here :/

mugwhump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So could this possibly let me replace specific music tracks with other tracks (of a smaller size)? So I could effectively give Twilight Princess a custom soundtrack? Music was my only gripe, it'd be pretty awesome if I could change it, haha.
biggrin.gif

Kusan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't know if this has already been posted...checking through 10 pages is a bit too much, while I was doing this tutorial (wanted to play Mario Galaxy) I noticed that there's one thing missing, at least I had to do this...otherwise I got "error decrypting data" message. In Trucha Signer, after editing the wiikeyset.reg, I had to put the option "Custom KeySet 1", under Select KeySet menu. Maybe it's obvious that such thing has to be done...but some noobs (like me) who are trucha signing for 1st time may need to know this...

Great tutorial anyways, keep up the AWESOME job
grog.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: