[Tutorial]Train with any character in ARMS whenever you want!

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Eddypikachu, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Eddypikachu
    OP

Eddypikachu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    For those of you who are avid ARMS players wanting to hone their skills in the battlefield, or even if you're just a casual player wanting to have more hands on time getting used to the controls, then boy do I have some great news for you!

Normally when attempting to access the global testpunch demo, an error code will appear, preventing you from doing anything at all!
    unv.png

However by fiddling around with a few internet settings you are able to enter a lobby and practice with your character to your hearts content! Here are the easy steps in order to do so:

1. On the home menu screen go to Setting (The circular icon with the gear on it).
    2. Next go to the Internet section and enter the "Internet Settings".
    3. Select the internet network that your Switch is currently connected to.
    4. Click on "Change Settings".
    5. Scroll down to "Proxy Settings" and turn it on. Three new settings options will appear here now, them being Server, Port, and Auto-authentication
    7. Click on Server and enter a fake server address such as "1.1.1.1" Press Ok
    8. Save your settings (It should look like this)
    int.png
    9. Back out into the home menu and run the ARMS Global Testpunch
    10. Enter "Party Match", choose a fighter and you will be thrown into an empty lobby
    11. In the empty lobby Press "+" and you will be able to practice your movement and punches on a multitude of enemies.
    12. Practice practice practice to be the best ARMS player in the upcoming testpunch sessions :)

And there you have it! Keep in mind that you will only be able to practice for about 2 minutes until the session will time out and it will automatically kick you out of the lobby. Just enter the lobby again and you can continue practicing to your hearts content for another 2 minutes, just re-enter after it kicks you out and you can practice for as long as you want!

Fun Tidbit: You can choose alternate skins for the characters by holding down the Left control stick(I think some people call it L3) and while still pressing down the left control stick move the left control stick to either left, right, or down then press A to choose an alternate costumer/color scheme for your character
    ribb.png

2. Xyphoseos

Xyphoseos Hack or no games

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    I go to try it

3. McBing

McBing Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2011
    Gambia, The
    But you will need to have it played at least one time before. Sadly I didn't so I cannot test the game till the next Test :(

4. Xyphoseos

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    Need to play one time the good day ???

5. McBing

McBing Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Yeah you'll need a save-file so the game "logs you in" or something like that.
    Because when I try it it just keeps loading and loading and nothing happens.

6. Xyphoseos

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    The same for me :(
    The next game session is the 3th July isn't it?

7. McBing

McBing Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2011
    Gambia, The
    i think this saturday and sunday will be the next tests, let's hope they don't patch this feature :)

Xyphoseos likes this.
  8. Xyphoseos

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    Yes :D

9. luk_pop

luk_pop Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    Poland
    Warszawa
    After a night session with the game, I tested this trick and it works on 2.3.0.

10. Lukerz

Lukerz Sloth. That's it.

Apr 24, 2017
    United States
    Maryland
    Aiii.... That's pretty cool...

11. KapuDaKoopa

KapuDaKoopa hot kass r34

Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    i dunno
    You could at least credit @nefarious_squid or something, as he was the one who originally figured out the proxy trick.

12. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    I just tried it. It works and you can select your character and stuff but then it just times you out and puts you back to the main lobby.

Longest I have been in one is 6 seconds, unless i'm just doing something wrong.

13. luk_pop

luk_pop Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    Poland
    Warszawa
    I tried today, and works fine. There was one update this game, maybe this is the problem.