DGlower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some questions:
1. To backup from the wii, does my wii have to be hard modded
2. If I make 2 partitions on my external hard drive, will I be able to choose which one to format to WBFS instead of formatting my whole drive?
3. Will I need an internet connection to install some of those apps (like the cios) ?
Thanks in advance

delete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delete said:
Riley said:
did you check if your device is compatible with the loaders??

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB...patibility_List

Yes, I have already checked and it is not on the list

On my system, the device is detected as a 'JMicron' product.

If it helps out, there is no error message; I would expect to see an error code like other people have reported for other non-compatible products.
USB Loader 1.4 is getting closer - The device mounts in 3-5 seconds.

EDIT - Status Update
The first time around, I got a partition not found message after I attempted to format from the Wii

I restarted the Wii to try it again, but I'm getting my initial behavior (device not mounting and the program is not responsive after 30 seconds (and even waiting longer))

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
some versions of the usb loader can
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Loader_Releases

DGlower said:
I have some questions:
1. To backup from the wii, does my wii have to be hard modded no
2. If I make 2 partitions on my external hard drive, will I be able to choose which one to format to WBFS instead of formatting my whole drive? yes
3. Will I need an internet connection to install some of those apps (like the cios) ? cIOSr10 installer can be done with a IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the root
Thanks in advance

Mr.BS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
some versions of the usb loader can
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Loader_Releases

DGlower said:
I have some questions:
1. To backup from the wii, does my wii have to be hard modded no
2. If I make 2 partitions on my external hard drive, will I be able to choose which one to format to WBFS instead of formatting my whole drive? yes
3. Will I need an internet connection to install some of those apps (like the cios) ? cIOSr10 installer can be done with a IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the root
Thanks in advance

yay.gif
for Waninkoko......1.4 solved all my problems......GREAT WORK!
THANKS! to the entire USBloader team

slickbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i used the wbfsmanager to format my hard drive then transfered some games, but when i try running usbloader 1.4 it doesnt seem to recognise the wbfs partition everytime. should i use the usbloader to format the hdd instead

joshed

Trophies
Website
www.scened.info
XP
Country
United States
slickbit said:
i used the wbfsmanager to format my hard drive then transfered some games, but when i try running usbloader 1.4 it doesn't seem to recognize the wbfs partition every time. should i use the usbloader to format the hdd instead

actually this is probably an issue with your hard drive spinup and how long it takes to recognize the drive... simply allow your drive more time before opening the loader or get a modded loader with higher HD compatibility

steam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey do i need all the previous stuff to install v1.4...

like the IOS36-64-v1042.wad?

so i need the 1.4 file renamed to boot.dol, the above wad thing, and the installer rev10 right?

if i want background, i just dl one of the ones here and rename as background.png and place in usbloader folder?

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a Wii with version 3.2U

cIOS 36 rev9 and USB Loader v1.1 work great

cIOS 36 rev10 and USB Loader v1.4 freezes after selecting a game
it says Loading Wii game, please wait... and sticks that way for >10 minutes

Rolling back to cIOS 36 rev9 and USB Loader v1.1 gets me back up and running

any thoughts?

I'd love to use v1.4 but it seems I'm stuck...

brassica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I need a little help here.
I am new to all this, and wanted to try the SD loader this weekend for fun.
My Wii is a Pal D2B model, modchipped ( Wiikey v1 ), the firmware is 3.3v1.
I installed cIOS rev10, and the SD/USB loader 1.4 channel ( wad ).
I wanted to try it on my 2 Gb SD card, so I formatted it to the file system, and added a small game, Oboro Muramasa, a japanese one.
So, the game is running fine, but the problem is the screen being all red.
Any idea to resolve this ?

pm2lp

Trophies
XP
Country
hey.. I have a weird problem here..
I created a second partition on a 250Gb 2.5', formated it on WBFS Manager 2.0 and put some games to test it.. everything seemed ok
Then I connected the hdd to wii and the usb loader didn't find the second partition in wbfs where I put the games.. I formated it back to fat32, connected back to wii and the usb loader found it. I formated the partition on the wii to wbfs and now the windows don't recognise the partition (but it's working fine just on usb loader) -.-'

I have a question.. formating on the wii and on wbfs manager isn't the same thing? So, why the devices only find the second partition when it's formated on them?

thks in advance
wink.gif

Mr.BS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slickbit said:
i used the wbfsmanager to format my hard drive then transfered some games, but when i try running usbloader 1.4 it doesnt seem to recognise the wbfs partition everytime. should i use the usbloader to format the hdd instead

I did the same thing but with WBFS-Wrapper-0.3 which is probably only for Ubuntu. Formatted the drive (120Gb Maxtor) installed an iso and this game was recognized by the Wii and then installed some more games on the Wii itself. With 1.1 and 1.2 this was impossible and i had the same problems you describe.

Couldn't find a hdd-format in the usbloader by the way....?

delete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
False positive for me.

If you plug a USB enclosure to the WII with no hard drive, you'll get a message that a hard drive was found, but no WBFS could be detected, following a 'RET -6' error.

I guess I'll have to buy a different enclosure.

jimmyc21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikesmithy said:
I've set up everything, can import drive to my harddrive, but when I try to load them it just hangs forever. It says that it's loading the game but it doesn't move again.

Is anybody else having this issue?

This fits my issue to a T, no luck sorting it out, 3.2u, cIOS36r10, same issue on Loader 1.0-1.4. I initially had issues getting it to recognize the HDD but resolved this with proper rev of cIOS36 and by formatting to WBFS via command line on XP. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

gil21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi im using usb loader i.4 and cios rev10 installed and fd data traveler kingston 4gb
why the usb loader always give error ret 6 no partitions found

bobbynguyen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide also! Got it up and running with a little help from the wiki also.

One point: My Mortal Kombat Armageddon freezes at the "licence of nintendo" screen, my USB hdd turns off and remote turns off.
HDD is a toshiba 250gb portable with no external power adapter. Wii is on 3.something.

Not a big deal since i don't play it at all, just throwing it out there.

YourNameHere004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, on gbatemp's wiki, it says that games that require patching to IOS249 don't work (Red Steel) and games that perform a reload of IOS don't work (Metroid 3). Does anyone know if theres a list of which games require IOS249 and which games reload IOS? basically, which games are currently not working? also, i transferred all my iso from my my pc to wbfs formatted drive, and everything went smoothly, but for some reason, samba de amigo doesn't wanna copy. theres a progress bar during the transfer, and when it completes theres no error, but it doesnt show up in the game list. in case it matters any, im using a ntsc-j system with 3.3j wiikey and ultimate usb loader 6.7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated