Hacking Tutorial to using USB Loader v1.1 and FAQs

roswellian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kebabinho said:
"I'm also getting the (ret = -1) error but not all the time, I'm using a Westen Digital WDBEVT (320gb) with a partition (270gb win, 50gb Wii). I've tried the above and it also didn't work. The bit that was weird is that i could get it work something, and i don't have anyone usb connected.

So after a bit of time i found that if i do the below, The USB launcher will detect my USB HD, and so far only if i do the below. (I have a 2gb usb stick which worked with out fail.)

1. Load Geexbox from homebrew channel
2. Check that it has detected by USB HD
3. Select the reboot option on Geexbox
4. load homebrew again and launcher the USB launcher."

I have found that the above "fix" also works for me. I have a Buffalo ministation (70GB) i think. I have it partitioned so the first partition is FAT and the second is WBFS. The only way i can get it to recognize is to first load Geexbox and then reboot from this and launch the USB loader.

If interested, i used GParted to split into 2 partitions, used windows XP to set the drive letter, and then one of the softwares on this board to set it to WBFS. I used the same software to copy over pro EVO 2009, and Star wars lego, and they both work fine. Much better with the faster loading times, and its a small price to pay having to load geexbox first.

-kebabinho

This is a very nice thread, same problem here

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
KTroopA said:
followed steps in post #1 and working perfect
smile.gif
many thanks!

just a quick question about isos. becoz this is running of a HDD now, do i still need to patch isos - like b4 removing updates and setting the region etc and error 001 checking blah blah
tongue.gif
, or can i just copy iso across and play?

Hi guys,
I am wondering the same thing, what about updates, brickblocking and all that? Are these all null and void now? Does the Wii think it is running a genuine Wii disk?

thatcoolguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KTroopA said:
wiico said:
Can anyone confirm the MD5 for the IOS36-64-v1042.wad?

not sure dude, but i got mine from google. with this search IOS36-64-v1042.wad and on the 1st page megaupload result (abt 7th one down) works perfect.

i am not sure of the MD5 but the CRC32 is 989DAB62

Mor13id

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
DazzaJersey said:
Mor13id said:
Mor13id said:
I made a partition of 455 gigs on my 1T HD. WBFS works fine on my PC with the tool, but when I try to load games on my wii, nothing shows up. USB loader starts, but the game titles are invisible(I think). I am able to scroll through an invisible list and given the option to start a game, but nothing happens when I try to load it. My wii's dvd reader is pretty much broken, by the way. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I don't mean to double post, but I would really appreciate some help.

This post might have something to do with your situation.

However, when you remove the DVD Drive, the freaking USB Loader doesn't work =[[

Thanks for answering my question, and giving me such bad news...
frown.gif

wiico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thatcoolguy said:
KTroopA said:
wiico said:
Can anyone confirm the MD5 for the IOS36-64-v1042.wad?

not sure dude, but i got mine from google. with this search IOS36-64-v1042.wad and on the 1st page megaupload result (abt 7th one down) works perfect.

i am not sure of the MD5 but the CRC32 is 989DAB62

lecture.gif
0142cd153e87afc4d368f04d2b89e930

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
mark.m.moran said:
KTroopA said:
followed steps in post #1 and working perfect
smile.gif
many thanks!

just a quick question about isos. becoz this is running of a HDD now, do i still need to patch isos - like b4 removing updates and setting the region etc and error 001 checking blah blah
tongue.gif
, or can i just copy iso across and play?

Hi guys,
I am wondering the same thing, what about updates, brickblocking and all that? Are these all null and void now? Does the Wii think it is running a genuine Wii disk?

anyone got an answer for this question plz?

wiico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Just want to do a callback.... all is working just fine on my Kingston 1GB DataTraveler

Tomorrow some shopping for a usb drive....
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

One little thing though.... when I'm in the usbloader and I shutdown the Wii with the wiimote... I get a hex dump
huh.gif
huh.gif

Do other guys and dolls have the same problem??

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

It strips the system update files out of the game ISO.

wiico said:
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Just want to do a callback.... all is working just fine on my Kingston 1GB DataTraveler

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

One little thing though.... when I'm in the usbloader and I shutdown the Wii with the wiimote... I get a hex dump
huh.gif
huh.gif

Yea, it does that occasionally, but not every time.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Darkzero51521 said:
QUOTE said:

It strips the system update files out of the game ISO.

wiico said:
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

huh.gif
huh.gif

Yea, it does that occasionally, but not every time.

thx Darkzero51521
smile.gif
one more question plz. im trying to create ISOs to copy onto my USB drive from game DVD-R backups. Am using imgburn to create the ISO image 1st, but when i copy it over using WBFSManager2 and try to launch it using the usb loader, it keeps asking me to insert the game disc :S Can you use imgburn to create ISOs in this way?

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KTroopA said:
thx Darkzero51521
smile.gif
one more question plz. im trying to create ISOs to copy onto my USB drive from game DVD-R backups. Am using imgburn to create the ISO image 1st, but when i copy it over using WBFSManager2 and try to launch it using the usb loader, it keeps asking me to insert the game disc :S Can you use imgburn to create ISOs in this way?

No, you can't. There's only a few select DVD drives that can read Wii games properly. You're best off using the Wii's drive to dump the games
wink.gif

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Darkzero51521 said:
KTroopA said:
thx Darkzero51521
smile.gif

No, you can't. There's only a few select DVD drives that can read Wii games properly. You're best off using the Wii's drive to dump the games
wink.gif

cheers dude. time to knacker my wii drive!
biggrin.gif

Shirio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

sorry if this question was already answered in this thread but i couldn´t find anything useful.

I installed the new USB loader on my Wii und it seems that it works just fine. It recognises my USB Stick (4GB, Fat32, just for testing) but when it wants me to choose a partition i have only this options:

1: 811,xx GB
2: 467,xx GB
3: 80,xx GB
4: 0,3 GB

does this mean that this stick is not compatible with the loader or the wii or have i done something wrong during the installation?

Thanks for your help!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It means you have divided your HDD in different partitions
you can select one of them to contain the games
The rest will then be used for other things
Another possibility is to plug it in a pc and delete some partitions so you can make one big partition
(USB loader can only WRITE games to partitions of 512GB or below)

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shirio said:
Hi,

sorry if this question was already answered in this thread but i couldn´t find anything useful.

I installed the new USB loader on my Wii und it seems that it works just fine. It recognises my USB Stick (4GB, Fat32, just for testing) but when it wants me to choose a partition i have only this options:

1: 811,xx GB
2: 467,xx GB
3: 80,xx GB
4: 0,3 GB

does this mean that this stick is not compatible with the loader or the wii or have i done something wrong during the installation?

Thanks for your help!

Put the USB stick in your comp and format it. Then try again. USB Loader shouldnt be recognizing more than one partition on a USB Stick.

QUOTEIt means you have divided your HDD in different partitions
Another possibility is to plug it in a pc and delete some partitions so you can make one big partition

He said it's a USB Stick, not a hard drive. To my knowledge, USB sticks can't be partitioned..

Javier78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need the opening.bnr for Smash Bros, but whenever I try to extract the SSBB ISO, it says it's done at about 80%.

Am I better off just dumping the DVD over wifi, or can one of you link me the the NTSC version of the SSBB opening.bnr?

Thanks in advance.

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Javier78 said:
I need the opening.bnr for Smash Bros, but whenever I try to extract the SSBB ISO, it says it's done at about 80%.

Am I better off just dumping the DVD over wifi, or can one of you link me the the NTSC version of the SSBB opening.bnr?

Thanks in advance.

It's a glitch. The full ISO should be extracted at like 85.45% (might be 83.45..something along those lines).

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Darkzero51521 said:
QUOTE said:
It means you have divided your HDD in different partitions

He said it's a USB Stick, not a hard drive. To my knowledge, USB sticks can't be partitioned..

Me and my fast reading...
And its a bit unlogical too that it finds partitions that are larger than the stick...

QUOTE(Javier78 @ Apr 7 2009, 10:04 PM)

Thanks in advance.
Did you search the forums?
And isn't the banner the same as the pal one? You just need to make the channel load the NTSC game, or is that impossible?
unsure.gif

Javier78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkzero51521 said:
Javier78 said:

Thanks in advance.

It's a glitch. The full ISO should be extracted at like 85.45% (might be 83.45..something along those lines).

Whoops, I opened the ISO in another program, and it said it was invalid. Wii Scrubber gave me some errors, but I was able to extract opening.bnr with no bricks. Thanks.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol