Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
well first, you have to format the drive you want the games to be on to WBFS
you can do this with the loader itself, or a WBFS GUI for the PC
(formatting will erase everything, but if you make partitions only that part will be formatted)

When you've done that theres 2 ways to add an iso
1) Use a WBFS GUI, simply click add iso and browse for it
2) With the loader: insert a disc then click + on the loader and it will rip the game to the USB device

Mor13id

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Mor13id said:
I made a partition of 455 gigs on my 1T HD. WBFS works fine on my PC with the tool, but when I try to load games on my wii, nothing shows up. USB loader starts, but the game titles are invisible(I think). I am able to scroll through an invisible list and given the option to start a game, but nothing happens when I try to load it. My wii's dvd reader is pretty much broken, by the way. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I don't mean to double post, but I would really appreciate some help.

DazzaJersey

Trophies
XP
Country
Mor13id said:
Mor13id said:
I made a partition of 455 gigs on my 1T HD. WBFS works fine on my PC with the tool, but when I try to load games on my wii, nothing shows up. USB loader starts, but the game titles are invisible(I think). I am able to scroll through an invisible list and given the option to start a game, but nothing happens when I try to load it. My wii's dvd reader is pretty much broken, by the way. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I don't mean to double post, but I would really appreciate some help.

This post might have something to do with your situation.

However, when you remove the DVD Drive, the freaking USB Loader doesn't work =[[

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
followed steps in post #1 and working perfect
smile.gif
many thanks!

just a quick question about isos. becoz this is running of a HDD now, do i still need to patch isos - like b4 removing updates and setting the region etc and error 001 checking blah blah
tongue.gif
, or can i just copy iso across and play?

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I use this USB loader, nothing happens at all. My USB device is plugged in and I get the GUI, but the black box on the right just remains black. Then, when I press the power button, I get a code dump screen. Does anyone know why this happens? I have successfully installed the custom IOS from the IOS36-64-v1042.wad file.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
well first, you have to format the drive you want the games to be on to WBFS
you can do this with the loader itself, or a WBFS GUI for the PC
(formatting will erase everything, but if you make partitions only that part will be formatted)

When you've done that theres 2 ways to add an iso
1) Use a WBFS GUI, simply click add iso and browse for it
2) With the loader: insert a disc then click + on the loader and it will rip the game to the USB device

cheers for the reply mate , i tried another WBFS GUI and it works perfect
yaynds.gif

QUOTE(bdr9 @ Apr 6 2009, 08:57 PM) When I use this USB loader, nothing happens at all. My USB device is plugged in and I get the GUI, but the black box on the right just remains black. Then, when I press the power button, I get a code dump screen. Does anyone know why this happens? I have successfully installed the custom IOS from the IOS36-64-v1042.wad file.

i had same problem and i tried another HDD and it worked fine for me !

wiico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't find a real answer on the following..

I'm using my 3.2E downgraded wii with the gamma loader 0.3 for a few months now.
For this gamma loader cIOS 2.49 was needed.

1. Will the gamma loader still work after installing cIOS36 rev9?
2. DO I need to uninstall cIOS 2.49?
3. Is the cIOS36 rev9 really needed to use the usbloader?

thanks in advance!

wiico

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wiico said:
Can't find a real answer on the following..

I'm using my 3.2E downgraded wii with the gamma loader 0.3 for a few months now.
For this gamma loader cIOS 2.49 was needed.

1. Will the gamma loader still work after installing cIOS36 rev9? yes
2. DO I need to uninstall cIOS 2.49? no, the cIOS36rev9 will overwrite it
3. Is the cIOS36 rev9 really needed to use the usbloader? yes, it enables usb2.0

thanks in advance!

wiico

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
wiico said:
Can anyone confirm the MD5 for the IOS36-64-v1042.wad?

not sure dude, but i got mine from google. with this search IOS36-64-v1042.wad and on the 1st page megaupload result (abt 7th one down) works perfect.

sunnyjune

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
hey buddy!This morning when I was using usb loader to load iso in my mobile hard disk,it showed ret=0 and ret=-16.Then I restarted wii and insert mhd again,the iso which showed ret=-16 succeeded in loading but the one showed ret=0 still couldn't be loaded.Why?

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EnigmaXtreme said:
I dumped wii fit (1.2GB) onto a 2GB Imation stick and it took like half an hour, is that normal?

haha, no, not at all. Your USB drive overheated. Try to keep it cooled off.

Or, you've got a USB 1.1, which is a whole lot slower.

QUOTEhey buddy!This morning when I was using usb loader to load iso in my mobile hard disk,it showed ret=0 and ret=-16.Then I restarted wii and insert mhd again,the iso which showed ret=-16 succeeded in loading but the one showed ret=0 still couldn't be loaded.Why?

You might have corrupt sectors, try runnin a disk check or diagnostics.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide, really helped get me going!
smile.gif

Here is my guide to a NTFS/WBFS partition without losing data, you can link to it from your FAQ or just copy it directly into your guide! I don't mind either way!
smile.gif

Smartpal

The Guitar Guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
mark.m.moran said:
Smartpal said:
You should really add how to partition without losing data.

1) Get Partition Magic 9 (pirate if need be
rolleyes.gif
)

2) Install, run and then select create new partition

3) Select your external drive with some free space on it.

4) Select the size of the new partition depending on the free space, select a drive letter, volume label etc.

5) Select a filesystem to format with (Don't worry you can change it to WBFS later using one of the GUIs)

6) Wait for a while till it creates the new partition.

7)Voila! You now have a new partition to boot your Wii games from without losing existing data! Format it to WBFS and add your games.

Hope this helps.
yay.gif

To format it with WBFS what tool does one need to use? If I do all your steps above and then connect it to the Wii and fire up the USB loader will the Wii format that partition only with WBFS and leave everything else alone?

Cheers,
M

Use any one of the WBFS GUIs. I would recommend Maxmillion's.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That only helps if you want to pay/pirate partition magic. Also you won't necessarily get windows to assign a drive letter doing it that way.

To answer the other gentleman's question, Yes USBLoader will display both partitions which you can then choose from to format to WBFS and it will leave the other one alone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya