Hacking Tutorial on transfering games to and from the /GAMEZ folder.

doped505069

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I was wondering If anyone could create a tutorial on how to send games via ftp on Win XP to the /GAMEZ folder internally in the ps3 and also how to move games internally from the ps3 to an external HDD.

I have seen on this forum and other ps3 based forums people are doing this but I just cant find out how to do it.

Thanks in advance guys it would also be a great sticky thread to if someone makes a good one.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FTP:

Install the FTP server for PS3. Run it, start the server, and then get the IP address it says on the screen.

Go on your computer install Filezilla and for the server put in the ip address you got earlier, for username put "FTPD12345" and for the password put in anything you like. Also in the options for filezilla set it to only transfer 1 file at a time. Then just drag and drop the game from your computer into the GAMEZ folder.

Internal to External:

Just get the awesome file manager and copy over the files you want. The external HDD must be formatted to FAT32. Any file about 4 GB will be split into multiple parts that are less than 4 GB. They will only be re-merged when you copy them back over to the PS3.

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,
I have a game on an external HDD in the Gamez folder, in backup manager how do I go about launching this as it does not seem to see it on the external drive?

Cheers,
M

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Transfer it to your internal hard drive using Comergies Awesome Filemanager.

I would like to be able to play it from the external though mate, can you let me know what the steps to do this are?

Cheers,
M

doped505069

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If the game has one single file larger than 4gb it will not work from your Ext HDD as it is FAT 32 format (not the whole game just one file in the backup).

Maybe when you sent it to your Ext HDD it did not transfer the 4gb file, if it has one im not sure about Infamous I havent got it yet.

Also is your Ext HDD formatted as FAT 32 if not it wont show up anything.

The ps3 wont recognize NTFS formatted External HDD's.

Win XP wont format your Ext HDD to FAT 32 either you can download a few free applications to do this just google it.

Other than that mate I am not sure, maybe you have a bad backup like corrupted or bad download etc.

Hope that helps let me know how it all goes.

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
doped505069 said:
Ok Im now running Infamous of the Ext HDD your back up is corrupted or ur Ext HDD is NTFS.

Cheers mate! Got it copied to internal HDD and plays fine, only thing is the bugger is in French!!! How do I change the language? You encountered this issue??

M

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu