myrna Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    woops sorry wrong topic:shy:

2. Kay12345

Kay12345 Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hi samiam i wanted to ask you about versions of 3ds. I have rxtools 2.6 emunand on 11.0 and sysnand on 4.5. Is it better to update to 9.2 ? Also i tried to lauch the homebrew launch from the browser but it just wont work. Do i need to update to 9.2 for it to work ? Or should i stay better stay on 4.5 ?

3. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    9.2 is better, I recommend updating! Browserhax requires 9.0 firmware or higher, that's why you can't launch the HBL on 4.5.

4. Kay12345

Kay12345 Member
    Newcomer

France
    Ow ok thx man

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Btw do you know what's the best way to update from 4.5 to 9.2 ? Idk where to start...

samiam144 likes this.
  5. takitogr

takitogr Newbie
    Newcomer

Greece
    Hello and thank you for your tutorial. I followed your tutorial and everything went fine. I have a problem playing dsiware games though. According to your tutorial you need to install these to both emunand and sysnand if you have installed them to emunand. The problem is that I can't load to sysnand anymore. Everytime I try to boot to sysnand from rxtools I get a red screen at the bottom. I can't even load to home menu anymore by holding R while the menuhax is loading. I used to when I finished the tutorial two days ago but I don't think i was ever able to boot into sysnand. I've tried deleting the menuhax from the homebrew launcher but nothing happens when I hold the X button.

Any ideas?

6. Ruby_flames

Ruby_flames Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I did this, but when I tried to launch it (or anything else) the upper screen went black, the lower screen flashed red and black, and then it went back to the launcher.

I followed every step exactly, but it did this several times, even after rebooting. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited by Ruby_flames, Aug 18, 2016
  7. gestiongaming

gestiongaming Member
    Newcomer

guys i have a new never opened 2ds on 6.0.0 can i get rxtolls wihout buying anything?

8. 8bitmaniac

8bitmaniac Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    i may sound ignorant but can this brick my 3ds?

9. ZeroGS

ZeroGS Member
    Newcomer

Senegal
    You're the best man :) got everything working. I'll try doing plailect's guide some other time but for now I'm happy at where I'm at. Though somethings been bothering me... is there a 3rd NAND at the work? Unless I misunderstood something sysNAND should be the one to boot on 3DS startup but I don't think that's what's happening. I have BBM on sysNAND and all my bought eshop games are on emuNAND but when I boot none of those are present which leads me think there's a 3rd defaultNAND or something.

I have to specifically boot to sysNAND/emuNAND to see CFW things not that it bothers me just thought it would boot to sysNAND for some reason.

10. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Well there are two nands, your original sysnand and your emunand which is a copy of sysnand. We install everything to emunand and update emunand because sysnand has to stay below version 9.2, and also emunand is a safeguard against accidentally updating sysnand. Since you don't use a9lh, sysnand boots first, which boots menuhax, and from there you boot your CFW, which gives you the option to boot either sysnand (again) or emunand, with special privileges which allows cia installation for example. When you boot without using menuhax, you go into your default sysnand, which does not have any special privileges that CFW provides, which is why you can't see any of your installations. If you setup a9lh, you can ditch menuhax and boot directly into sysnand or emunand with special privileges right away.

11. Conquest

Conquest Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I follow your steps completely until section 4 step 16, when I close the Eshop I went into the browser and booted up rxtools and launched "Rxmode sysnand" and searched for "BigBlueMenu/Title Manager" and it wasnt there. Did i do something wrong? Please help.

Edit: I probably sound even more nooby but do you need a "Health & Safety app" already installed on the rxtools sysNAND? If so how do you install it? (Im sorry i am just getting into this kind of stuff just because I want to play Dragon ball Fusions XD)

Last edited by Conquest, Aug 21, 2016
  12. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Be sure you followed the steps exactly, it should say "Title Manager" in the top screen when you highlight the Health&Safety Information app (the yellow triangle icon OR it will be a new icon you've never seen before, I can't remember right now). Yes, you must have the app already installed first; it comes pre-installed on every 3DS so you don't have to install it.

13. ZeroGS

ZeroGS Member
    Newcomer

Senegal
    Thought so. This actually brings me back to my previous question then about using custom themes. We already established it's okay to use custom themes in emuNAND but not in sysNAND since menuhax is there, but since I have 2 sysNAND(1 with CFW & 1 without) can I use a custom theme to the sysNAND with CFW in it?

Also if I want to change my SD card to something with bigger space can I just simple copy&paste the contents of the old SD card to the new one I will use or do I have to follow the steps again?

14. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    The Sysnand "with CFW" and the Sysnand without are the same Sysnand. Regardless, I just learned through Google that you can use the latest Menuhax (3.0) and change themes with CHMM2 without losing menuhax in Sysnand. As long as you don't change your theme the normal way (via the Home Menu), you can keep menuhax with a custom theme. Source.

Edit: To answer your second question, there are instructions at the bottom of my tutorial on how to do this. It involves moving your emunand to the new SD card.

15. JC4Ever97

JC4Ever97 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi, I'm sorry for sounding like such a noob and for asking such a question, but when I try to import old3DS.AGB_FIRM.Patch.cia for the first time, it said that I already have it installed, although I have never installed any .cia files before. Is this okay/normal? Can I move on to the next step (Step 5)?

16. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    It's normal, it just means it will overwrite the original AGB FIRM that is used to launch GBA games. But I recommend skipping this step if you plan to switch to Luma3DS CFW in the future.

17. JC4Ever97

JC4Ever97 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you so much for the quick reply :)
    I plan to only run 3DS games on my O3DS, so will it be okay for me to skip step 7? I don't plan to run any GBA or DSi games.
    Also, how can I absolutely make sure my NANDs are unlinked? I want to update my emuNAND from version 7 to version 11, but I fear my sysNAND will get updated as well. I already used TinyFormat and did the initial 3DS setup all over again.

Last edited by JC4Ever97, Aug 25, 2016
  18. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    @JC4Ever97 Yes, can skip step 7. To be completely sure your nands are unlinked, go to emunand and install something small. Then go into rxmode sysnand (not regular sysnand) and see if what you installed is there. If it's not, then that means your nands use separate ID/installation folders, which means they are unlinked :)

Alternatively, you can just check if your emunand and rxmode sysnand share the same installed apps/games!

19. Kay12345

Kay12345 Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hey man i wanna update from 4.5 to 9.2 by installing the 9.2 cias but i read that i have to install sysupdater from devmode but i don't have devmode on rxtools 2.6 is it the same if i just do it with rxmode sysnand ?

20. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    It's not the same! You will brick if you use rxmode sysnand. You need to use another version of Rxtools, like 2.5.2 or 3.0.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Installing, Firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.