diffikolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From Nintendo's TOS ever since 3.4:

"UPDATES AND UPGRADES

We may without notifying you, download updates, patches, upgrades and similar software to your Wii Console and may disable unauthorized or illegal software placed on your Wii Console to ensure that your Wii Console is operating properly and efficiently, comply with applicable laws, assist law enforcement, protect us and our customers, or prevent the use and distribution of software obtained through improper channels."

Source:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...ivacyPolicy.jsp

Don't you think updating through them could make you susceptible to future updates without notification? I am guessing Waninkoko's updater is probably safer...

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
diffikolt said:
I am guessing Waninkoko's updater is probably safer...
No trust me this is safe, and besides in a post i said Waninkoko's 4.0 updater only works for NTSC-U and PAL Wii's.
But in my tutorial this can work on all Wii's.

IOS37 said:
QUOTE(Vidboy10 @ Apr 5 2009, 03:32 AM) (Google it. Since its an illeagle on GBAtemp)

GBAtemp hates ill eagles.
XD

Sorry fixed the typo.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
diffikolt said:
From Nintendo's TOS ever since 3.4:

"UPDATES AND UPGRADES

We may without notifying you, download updates, patches, upgrades and similar software to your Wii Console and may disable unauthorized or illegal software placed on your Wii Console to ensure that your Wii Console is operating properly and efficiently, comply with applicable laws, assist law enforcement, protect us and our customers, or prevent the use and distribution of software obtained through improper channels."

Source:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...ivacyPolicy.jsp

Don't you think updating through them could make you susceptible to future updates without notification? I am guessing Waninkoko's updater is probably safer...
Turn off the internet on the wii and nintendo cant update a thing.Although i dont think they can automatically make it update by itself.Because when update 4.0 came out nobodys wii got updated without them accepting it first.

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
icpmattj said:
Turn off the internet on the wii and nintendo cant update a thing.Although i dont think they can automatically make it update by itself.Because when update 4.0 came out nobodys wii got updated without them accepting it first.
I think it hapend to 3.4 too.

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
from reading the ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide, what people said previously is false, the shop channel does work with waninkoko's updater. So is the only difference that this works for Japanese and Korean wii's? what else will this give me?

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know, i read the topic, but you can get all these things with waninkoko's updater also, so why is this better?

on the first page of this thread people asked what was the difference and there were only 2 answers: waninkoko's updater doesn't update the shop channel (which isn't true), and can't work with jap or kor wii's. So for someone with an NTSC Wii, why would they use this tutorial instead of the ULTIMATE System Menu 4 guide?

I appreciate your work, but I still don't get it.

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh ok, that's fine, it does seem very easy compared to the ULTIMATE guide, and if its just as effective then everyone might as well use this method. Is there any downfalls to this method compared to using waninkoko's updater that people know of?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol